DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Skirting fifth wheel

As I settle into my first winter as a full timer and learning as I go, I'm planning to skirt my 5er as I've deduced the major cause of chilly drafts is coming from the floors of my slides (around the couches in the front living room, around the bed i...

One Pound Propane Re fill Adapter

Has anyone used the adapter to put on your 30 lbs tank to enable you to refill the 1 lb disposable tanks. I was looking into purchasing one to avoid lugging around the 20 lb tank for my BBQ.

Irish2 by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

1980's decor

I don't know where else to post this since it's a question but if it's moved please tell me where you move it to.We have a 1983 C class with a very 1983 brown and flower decor my wife has developed a hatred for. So here's the question. What type of p...

household fridge

I'm cuurently building a class 'b" rv from a high top ford. Is there a downside to using a small (dormsize) fridge? I'll be using a 400AH battery bank, with wind and solar plus shore power when available. Is there a reason few people use household...

Wall-mount TV in small travel trailer ?

Hi, I'm just wondering how do you wall-mount your TV in a small travel trailer? I have no reinforced wall surface to install a swivel wall-mount bracket for my 19 inch LED TV. I'm wondering if I can put a reinforcement wood piece over the wall, glue ...

vlopddap by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

carpet removal

Hi Folks! We have a 28' Sunnybrook Sunset Creek and would like to remove the carpet from the slide. If we do this will there be a gap between the slide and the floor of the trailer? And can I cover the floor and the slide with vinyl. :?

Second Water Heater?

I have a cougar 24ft it's just me and the wife so the trailer is mostly empty. I have lots of weight to play with. My water heater is located in the back of the rig the shower is located at the front of the rig. When I want hot water at the shower I ...

diazr2 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

A new Spice Rack and More Mods

Since I had back surgery in May I am still not allowed any BLTs (bends, lifts and twists). Things are healing well, but I still haven’t been allowed to hitch up the RV and go anywhere yet. However, I have had some free time to do some more mods.I not...

Adding a hdmi cable to rear TV

We are looking at a 1999 Southwind 32V and I know if we buy it I will be upgrading the TVs to flat panels and the VCR to a BlyRay player. In order to play a BluRay on the rear TV I will need the cable and a HD splitter box.I have this setup in our B...

Atwood Air Command A/C

Just learned about these, very interesting, anyone running one or switch to one? My 15k Dometic is unbelievably loud and so is my son in laws 13.5 Dometic. I had a ducted 13.5k Coleman Mach 3 + in my TT that was almost silent in comparison but I'm in...

Unyalli by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

750W Solar install on TT

I am attempting to wire a 2800W Inverter/750W PV system onto a 2007 Kodiak 210DB hybrid, capable of shore or generator input. I am posting my basic wiring diagram in the hope that, if I've overlooked some fundamental aspect, someone with far more kn...

winegard

This topic has been moved to another forum.You can read it here: 27820455

Mounting pedestal chairs in slide

I want to remove the sofabed in our Suncruiser 35U and replace it with 2 Flexsteel barrel chairs that are on pedestals same as drivers chair. Any ideas on how to mount them? Know I can't go thru floor with bolts like the existing recliner. Would lag ...

Romer1 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

LED upgrade

I took the plunge and updated several of my incandescent bulbs to LEDs. I didn't do anything with my fluorescent fixtures because they are quite efficient already. I purchased 14 of the circuit board type units, 10 warm-white and 4 white from eBay. T...

Tom_M1 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery security

We are doing a little research. Just wondering how to lock the two battery boxes to the travel trailer tongue. Our local RV shop basically did not have any suggestions.Thank you.West Beachhouse