DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

750W Solar install on TT

I am attempting to wire a 2800W Inverter/750W PV system onto a 2007 Kodiak 210DB hybrid, capable of shore or generator input. I am posting my basic wiring diagram in the hope that, if I've overlooked some fundamental aspect, someone with far more kn...

winegard

This topic has been moved to another forum.You can read it here: 27820455

Mounting pedestal chairs in slide

I want to remove the sofabed in our Suncruiser 35U and replace it with 2 Flexsteel barrel chairs that are on pedestals same as drivers chair. Any ideas on how to mount them? Know I can't go thru floor with bolts like the existing recliner. Would lag ...

Romer1 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

LED upgrade

I took the plunge and updated several of my incandescent bulbs to LEDs. I didn't do anything with my fluorescent fixtures because they are quite efficient already. I purchased 14 of the circuit board type units, 10 warm-white and 4 white from eBay. T...

Tom_M1 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery security

We are doing a little research. Just wondering how to lock the two battery boxes to the travel trailer tongue. Our local RV shop basically did not have any suggestions.Thank you.West Beachhouse

Sewer Hose Storage

When we got our Bighorn, it came with what is called a sewer boom. The concept was good in that it contained the sewer hose while it was connected semi-permanently, and when you needed to dump your tanks, you simply swung it out. Problem was that you...

ReneeG by Explorer
  • 45 replies
  • 0 likes

Replaced roof molding screws

I replaced all the screws in the molding holding down the rubber roof with stainless steel screws dipped in 3M5200. That is a lot of screws!Do I need to do anything else? Run a bead of sealant at the top of the molding? Cover the entire molding wi...

taking out second door

I was wondering if anybody has taken out a second door on their trailer. My plan is to take the door out and seal it up. Then cut a hole and put a window AC unit in the wall. Just want suggestions on how to do that

Ridiculously simple mods -- let's see 'em!

Most of the modifications posted on this forum are technically challenging -- but this is a thread for the exact opposite. What are your simplest, cheapest mods?Here are two of mine. First, the door of our trailer has a translucent panel (not really...

Correct Way to Install Gas Springs

Chances are, if your RV is newer than the late 1990s, you have gas springs somewhere. They look like miniature shock absorbers and are used to hold open doors, provide lift assistance to covers, etc. Chances are your gas springs were made by Suspa....

Lawn Chair Tip Over fix

A worn lawn chair leg cap can cause a backwards tip over. Here is a quick look at my repair.Lawn Chair repair articlehttp://mountainborn.blogspot.com/2014/07/legs.html

Supco Hard start capacitor on Coleman A/C

I have a 1996 camper with a Coleman A/C. I bought the Supco SPP6E. My A/C has 2 round capacitors, one small and one large. The small one has 2 wires and the large has 3 wires. Which one do I replace? Both?Pics:http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag3...

Beyer by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Transmission cooler for 87 southwind

My transmission developed a leak from a ruptured hose. So while getting these hoses fixed I had and external transmission cooler added. It made no sense to me why he radiator that run close to 200 degrees is used to cool a transmission. I had the...

DIY Shower House Bag

I hope this is the right section for this post! I saw DIY in the title and am hoping for the best. Anyway, if you have an old towel you can make an awesome bag to carry stuff to and from the shower house. Pics and tutorial at www.janesjournals.comI h...