Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

slide out

I'am seasonal with 2 slide outs did it wise to put slide out stabilizers on each slide out even though I have stabilizers under the bumper and steps to stop sway? just curious, Thank you.

Just bought a Jayco Octane 272. Hitch questions.

I just purchased my first toy hauler. I pick it up on 5 April on my way to Florida. 2018 Jayco Octane 272Length 35’Dry weight 7545Gross weight 10500Dry hitch weight 1020Expected loaded hitch weight will be 1420 (13.5%)The dealership is trying to sell...

Bumper pull toy hauler, adding a second A/C unit

So I have a 34' unit, open garage and would like to install one of the new A/C heat pump style units so I can have heat and cool in my bedroom. My concern is the front of the toy hauler slopes dowward for about 15 feet to the nose. This would put the...

lamopar by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Stackable washers and dryer

I posted earlier that I’m upgrading to a larger 5er. The model I’m looking at has stackable washer and dryer prep. Are they worth the $1400 for the pair? Everything I’ve read suggests that stackable work reasonably well, but combo units are terrible....

Andersen Ultimate Measurements

I am trying to find out if the standard Andersen Ultimate hitch will work with the small auxiliary fuel tank in my truck. Could someone measure their hitch from the center of the turn over ball connection point to the part of the hitch close to cab o...

Lube plate

I’m new with a fifth wheel, just picked it up on Saturday. I’m sure I’m going to have lots of questions. Should I use the lube plates they make to go between the hitch and the pin? Another question I have is how much clearance should I have between ...

Rwake901 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Cold temp question....just in case

I THINK this is the right process, but I'm willing to risk some negative feedback in order to save my pipes.Temps will be in the mid 20s the next two nights. The 5'er has been de-winterized. I drained the fresh tank and hot water tank. I also opened ...

WrightOn by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Appropriate TV

I’m sure this question has come up several times, but I’m new here and haven’t found any real solid advice on line. I currently have a 35’ 5er that weighs about 10k pounds total. I pull it with an 6.7 F250 with no issues. My wife and I started with a...

110 outlet with 12 volt socket?

Hey All,I'm curious, if anyone makes a combination outlet that has a single 110 plug/with a 12 volt cigarette style socket? Our bedroom TV spot has a standard 110 outlet, but I"d love to be able to use the TV I currently have which is 12 volt powered...

Jimbee by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Front Living AND a Bonus Room?

Hi everyone-We currently have a Coachman Freelander 29KS but are beginning our search for a 5th wheel trailer to go full-timing with. We really want a bonus room as well as front living if possible. Can anyone make any suggestions? Thanks a millio...

KCMSBSL by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Faded gel coat help

Good evening. New member here. I have a 2013 Montana high country and I just recently had it buffed and it still doesn’t look as good as I was expecting. Is there anything I can do other than painting to get it looking nice again.

Need to borrow or rent 5th wheel hitch

Does anyone have a 5th wheel hitch that uses Ford's Puck System? We just bought a camper that I’ll be taking down to Texas on Friday, Lord willing. I have a 2019 F350 but only pull goose necks. If someone has one we could borrow or rent for the week,...

Fifth Wheel Slide Question

I guess this isn't specific to 5th wheels but that's what I have. Anyhow, I just purchased my first unit with a slide. It is a 2012 Keystone Cougar SRX325 5th wheel toyhauler.While opening the large left side slide (dinette and sofa) I notice the bot...