Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

2005 Montana Mountaineer - rechargeable flashlight?

We recently purchased a 2005 Montana Mountaineer 329RLS fifth wheel. A standard feature on it is a rechargeable flashlight beside the entrance door but the flashlight itself is missing from our unit. The charger dock is still there. Does anyone ha...

finaly did it

well after 10 good years with the wave 28bhs, we traded it in last week on a new fifth. we pick up our 2016 cougar 330rbk later today or tomorrow morning. got a few add-ons, the go power solar elite kit, replaced the steps with the MORryde Step abov...

TPMS

Do these things really work? Or are they like radar detectors, just lets you know your getting a ticket.

Bama2nz by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Manual Slide Retraction

Long story, but I tried to manually retract my slide when I had trouble with it, and I broke the rod that goes from the slide motor out to the access point for the crank. (All of the is under the sealed underbelly of the trailer).The coach is now 15...

Pilot/Flying J reserve a spot

When my family is headed to a destination that requires an overnight stop we usually end up at a truck stop or rest area for a few hours to get a few winks before we take off again. I always leave around midnight and drive till 4am or so because I w...

Fifth wheel bucking and jerking

Any ideas on how to reduce the bucking and jerking while towing? I have a Anderson ultimate 5th wheel hitch and have a 2014 Ram 2500 I tow with. Not u sure If something is not setup right or if I need to buy one of those king pin adapters with built ...

MrHavasu by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

2500HD duramax. What can it handle?

I have a 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax EFI Live tuning, air intake, EGR delete. Wanting to buy a fifth wheel but unsure if my truck will handle it. Have a 35 ft bumper hitch currently. Looking at a Heartland Elkridge 38ft. 12900 lbs empty 2950 hitch...

Dmax55 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Chicken or egg/Truck or trailer - which came first

There was a recent post on choice of a new truck and trailer that got closed. So here is my confession!(^)Truck before trailer:We had a 1993 Dodge RAM W250 and bought a Terry 26' 5th wheel. Weights were fine.I then purchased a 2001.5 Dodge RAM 2500 4...

Me_Again by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Winterizing question

Hello all, A bit frustrated here. We own a 2016 Keystone Fuzion 345 with the Freeze Guard winterizing system and tried to winterize the system today. We opened both low point drains, pulled the anode plug from the water heater and then switched ...

Bathroom exhaust fan

Has anyone tried to wire the exhaust fan in the bath to come on with the light? My wife is too short (err - vertically challenged) to reach the fan switch in the vent to either turn it ON or OFF. I thought if I could wire it to come on with the light...

IHnutz by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

No heat

Was using the furnace tonite but noticed the fan kept running but the air from the vents were cool.Swapped tanks but didnt make a difference. Got propane at the cook stove. What should i look for? Its a 95 Alpenlite Riviera 29RK.One other thing. I fi...

Stolen 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 39DBRS3

The following was posted in the DRV Owners' Group on Facebook:Attn. all friends and family of Wheels RV. We had a New 2017 DRV Mobile Suite 39DBRS3 Vin# 5KEAG3923H1317718 stolen off of our lot Saturday night about 10:30pm. We are offering a $1,000 ca...

RustyJC by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Bed rail height? Is 59" too tall?

Bought a 14 Ram 2500 Diesel with Ramboxes installed. I would like to tow a fifth wheel and have done quite a bit of research. I measured some 5ers at the dealership and found aywhere from 58 to 62.5 inches of clearance as they sat on landing gear. My...

Advice on Eternabond on my fiver roof

I have been working on my roof and found some holes I did not know were there. I got those repaired with Eternabond. I started working on the roof edge at the gutter line. I have been removing the old caulk that has finally started to come off.I have...

jjj by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Considering a TH - Questions

Have a 2012 F350 SRW LWB diesel and a 34' Cougar FW and am considering a TH but worried about the weight of rig and pin weight. Current unit is 10k shipping weight and 1500# pin weight. Most TH I see are about 15k and up to 4k pin weight. I know the ...

sgrol by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes