Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Selling a rig your upside down on

Like many people, we are over our heads. We have a really good 2012 Keystone Cougar Xlite 29RES, that we owe $30,000 on. However, it retails for closer to $25,000. Trade value is considerably less. So what do we do?

kjnpuppy by Explorer
  • 51 replies
  • 0 likes

Curbside slideout... design trend?

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. My family and I went to the Hershey show yesterday as we do every year and came home sorely disappointed. While the show was awesome as usual(and the biggest it's been yet), we found a trend that's unfortunate. We w...

slideout jamming at full out

My slideout has started jamming about 2 inches from full out and I have to push it and the jog the switch to get it to seal at the wall. When I bring it in I have to jog the switch and sometimes push the slideout in the first 2 inches. All the rest o...

Landing gear opinion

Hi Been asking questions regarding toy haulers and have another. Are the electric landing gear systems are problem on the 15500 plus gvwr trailers?I know the hydraulic is the better system but not all use it and would like feedback.Thanks

TPMS

I ordered my TST 507 TPMS and it said something about replacing the valve stems with metal ones is it really necessary?

Fixing up fiver to trade for new

I wonder how many others have walked this path.We got the bug for a new fiver recently. Made the mistake of looking at some of the new spacious floor plans with opposing slides, which are lighter than our camper in some cases. So we cleaned up our f...

Tire Recall - Just Passing this Along

Report Receipt Date: AUG 10, 2015NHTSA Campaign Number: 15T016000Component(s): TIRESPotential Number of Units Affected: 104,000All Products Associated with this Recall expandDetails close7 Associated Documents expandManufacturer: Michelin North Ameri...

Justaguy by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Open Range VS Montana

Hi everyone. I'm looking for opinions on two different campers. We're at the RV show in Hershey and I have found two contenders but I need real life answers not salesmen BS. I need to know from current or previous owners of Montanas and Open Ranges d...

kmgk92 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

removing batteries for winter.

I live in a fairly cold climate and winter seems to have been hard on my batteries. This fall, I am planning on taking out the 2 – 6 volt deep cycle batteries in my fifth wheel and storing them in the basement on a piece of plywood for the winter. W...

Hitch placement

When installing the new hitches in a new Ram 2500 I have options of where to place the kingpin location. Over the axle, 2" in front of the axle or 2 or 4" being the axle. Where should it go and why?

grouchrc by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

hitch replacement help

Recently, due to the Valley fire in California, my wife and I are force to become full timers. My fifth wheel hitch was in the garage but my Puck rail was still mounted in the truck. I saved the truck but that's all. Luckily the trailer was stored i...

Heartland Big Country 5th Wheels

I'm looking at a BC3450TS,interested in the pros/cons. Would love to hear all the story. I have been reading the Heartland Forum and most everyone seen they made the right chose with HL. Thanks, Rene'

bladder1 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Am I getting a good deal?

I have looked at hundreds of fifth wheels over the last few months and finally decided on a front living fifth wheel.This will be our first rv period, but we wanted to go bigger because we are starting to have a family and don't want to have to buy a...