Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Fifth Wheel Suggestions

First time user here. Looking to trade in current rig for newer one. I've done extensive research so far, but have only found a few units of what I'm looking for. Tow Vehicle - 2015 Silverado 2500 HD 4WD 6.0L Gas Standard Box 4:10 RatioCriteria:1) Fr...

Strange park

Checked into an Encore park in Fort Laudedale, and it is set up so you pull in with your door facing the hook ups! You must pass the hoses and cords under the RV to hook up! First time I have encountered such a weird set up. I think is they just reve...

Landing Gear Motors and Landing Gear FREE

The main landing gear (with motor on) on my Sons 5er stripped out.It is a Lippert landing gear. FREE for the taking are:Two landing gear motors. Aluminum LG gear box.Follow landing gear, with pull pins, drop leg, and foot pad.Second drop leg with foo...

C_B_ by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bikes falling off rear

Who has had a bike fall off from the back of their rig while driving?My buddy was following a 5vr on the hiway and noticed the little kids bike starting to bounce around, so he backed off. Just then the bike came off and bounced on the tires up highe...

klassic by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Sportsman Pin Box Help

I am about to purchase our first fifth wheel. I am new to towing and it has been frustrating dealing with the purchase. I am very cautious about getting my setup right before going on the road, so here is my problem:We are looking at a 2014 KZ Sports...

Will a dirty magnet cause intermittent brakes?

So as I continue on my quest to solve my intermittent brakes issue I took off one drum and there is a film of grease on the drum and magnet probably from those useless easy lube fittings. There was a surplus of grease even in the dust cap. Would th...

firestone tires

Well here we go again had st235/80r/16 on my trailer 2007 Montana. So far this trip have had 3 blowouts. Need I say not happy. Tires are less than 2 yr old and only about 3000 miles. Did a lot of damage to the trailer but it was all cosmetic thank go...

Montana 3735MK rear hitch ?

Hello all,We purchased the 3735MK and I would like to know if anyone has installed a hitch or platform on the back of theirs yet? I would like to store my generator or bikes back there if possible.Thanks, Dave :h

Ropdoc by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

leveling fifth wheel

We went camping this past weekend and the fifth wheel was not level. The inside door would not shut. The shower water was standing at one side of the tub and etc. Can someone please tell me how to properly level a fifth wheel. I have seen some pe...

Who tows FW with a lifted truck

I have a 2006 Duramax CC 4X4 and am thinking about puting a 6in lift on my truck. I currently have a TT, but might want to get a FW the next time around. Those of you that DO tow with a lifted truck do you run into any issues?

How Often to Pack Wheel Bearings

How often should I get the wheel bearings repacked? Had to replace axles about a year ago and the guy told me I should probably repack the bearings once a year since I only take a few trips a year. Is that right?We usually take one major winter tri...

Honda EU2000i question

I have 2 EU2000's wired in parallel; one with a 30 amp, 3 prong, twist plug. I've used these for a few years and am now concerned about the power output on the 30 amp plug. I recently purchased a Surge Guard and it shows reverse polarity when I put...

clev by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help finding a fifth wheel

I am looking for a 32' or 33' fifth wheel that has 3 slides and can't seem to find one. I want one with good living space. Can anyone help me out?

kencol by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Will begin going on longer trips very soon.

Patti retires August 28th and the 29th we are heading on a short trip to Reno/Sparks for the Rib Cook Off. We will spend 8 days and she wants to see how she likes a little extended time out in the rv.As it stands now we will have the mortgage paid in...