cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I pay too much?

denverkass
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I just purchased a new Toy Hauler. It is a 2014 Cyclone 4000 Elite. We have been looking at Toy Haulers for about the past year and a half. Last fall we were dead set on buying a Cyclone 4100 when we were ready to purchase. But then this spring we saw the 4000 Elite and new that this camper had the layout we wanted and so we found one with all the options that we would like to have in it. Here is a list of the options:

3rd A/C
Garage carpeting
5500 Onan generator
Porch option
6 point leveling system

The asking price was $96,000 and we ended up paying $73,000. So, my question is that I want your opinion, do you think that I paid too much? I feel that I got the camper I wanted for what I was willing to pay, but what about you? What do you think I should have been able to pay?
23 REPLIES 23

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, you did. So did the rest of us, every single one of us.
Like many have said, get over it & enjoy!

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
We signed a purchase agreement on Saturday for a 4100 King. MSRP was $102k and we got it for $76k plus negotiated a stacked washer & dryer in as well.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

BeerCan
Explorer
Explorer
If you use it a lot and enjoy your time with your family, it was cheap.

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
I look at it this way
Someone, somewhere will tell you they got a better deal whether they did or not.
If I said I got some thing for free, someone will come along and say they not only got it for free, but a $$$ rebate :W

Enjoy the new rig, thats what you bought it for.
2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 DMAX CC
2004 Thor Wanderer Wagon 247WTB
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

4monkeys
Explorer
Explorer
I have no idea if that's a good price for that RV, but honestly if you're still able to feed your kids and function as a family with the purchase, then you've made an investment in family memories, like you said. Kids are with us such a short time, and it's so much work...make & enjoy the fun times when you can.

Ric_Flair
Explorer
Explorer
You got a good deal, but if you really want to make yourself sick, consider the fact that you lost about $30k the second you hooked up and pulled it off the lot.

Having said that, you made a great investment in fun factor, family time, memories etc..

Hard to calculate an ROI on something that has no price.
2013 GMC 3500 DRW 4x4 SLT Duramax
2013 Road Warrior 415 Toy Hauler
2013 Kawasaki 4010 Mule

duramax_tow_hog
Explorer
Explorer
where are the pics! Enjoy the new rig.
2011 Chevy 3500 HD Dually LTZ
2010 Cyclone 3812 Toy Hauler

denverkass
Explorer
Explorer
OK OK OK. I got it 🙂 LOL. Thanks to all the replies. I didn't think I had buyers remorse, but maybe I do a little for posting my question. By no means has my wife or I even concidered the thought that we need to return the rig for any reason, I was just curious on others opinions. And yes it is true, there will always be someone else out there that got a better deal I guess. I'm just not a good negotiator.

Now for the real fun, using it. When we purchased it, we had the dealer deliver it to a site at the campground right next to the rig that we had. We used it for a week the day we received it. Now we have at least 4 other times that we are planning outings with it this year. We love this rig and we love the fact that we are going to make lots and lots of memories with our kids.

Thanks for all the kind replies. I know I was leaving myself open for a butt whippen with my question.

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
Don't worry be happy.............enjoy.........

mayo30
Explorer
Explorer
MSRP doesn't mean anything,as soon as people stop using it as a guide line the better the deals will be.Dealers print their own MSRP from region to region and seldom are they comparable.Out west they add on the freight etc.,they all use the MSRP as a selling tactic.Assume you always paid too much and enjoy it.And it really isn't anyone's business but yours,someone always got a better deal and lower gas mileage, right??And what ever you do don't even try to consider the true cost of RV'ing especially the depreciation on value,just say it is worth it for the family memories. LOL.

remoandiris
Explorer
Explorer
bighog01 wrote:
I agree with the above posters but IMO you probably could have done better at Holmans .

Holman's would have likely been around $69-$70K with the 3rd A/C and garage carpet.
2011 GMC 3500 Dually
New to me 2006 Jayco Designer 38RDQS
2 Boxers and a Maine Coon

dennisgt60
Explorer
Explorer
It's a done deal. Enjoy!
2012 F-250 XLT, 6.2L, 4x4, CC, Standard Bed, 10,000lb. GVWR, 3.73 Axle.
Truck CAT Wt. 7,120 lbs.
Stated payload max. 2,881 lbs.
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8282ws.

byways
Explorer
Explorer
You got a fantabulous deal! Why? Because it's sitting in your driveway. BTW, Heartland is a great outfit, and Cyclone is a premier product. Turn the wheel, now!

steiny93
Explorer
Explorer
I like the above posts regarding water under the bridge

for some perspective
there will always be someone who negotiated a better deal; as well there be those who did worse. isn't much you can do about it other then hone your negotiating skills 🙂

enjoy the new rig!
2000 Volvo 610
2013 Cyclone 3950