cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Favorite floorplans for FW

Californiadrea1
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I are still searching for our first FW. With all the floor plan choices available, I would love to hear from all of you regarding your favorite FW floor plan and why it works for you. Please include the FW model you have.

Thank you kindly.
38 REPLIES 38

stetwood
Explorer
Explorer
It needs to be short, it needs to have a booth table with storage under it, it needs to have access to all parts with slide(s) in and no rear bathroom.

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
This is my favorite because I bought it today! Has the rear living, big beautiful windows and a great kitchen. I bought it used, but it is like new!
I'd suggest looking in craigslist and view as many as possible!
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!
Campground lot in Harrison MI.
looking for good used 5th wheel.

doughere
Explorer
Explorer
You're not specific in what you want, so I'll just add something to think about.

Our small 5er (Trail Cruiser TC524DS) has the bathroom between the front bedroom, and the "great room". This allows us to have two couples traveling together with the bathroom in between so everyone can discretely get to the toilet at night.

Just something to think about!!

Doug

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
8 seasons, over 1200 nights, over 100,000 miles with the same floorplan & have not seen another, in this length trailer, that we like better.

The downfall of so many is the tiny amount of galley workspace or TV that has to be viewed at right angles or cannot be viewed by whoever is in the galley.

Having an island galley is nice but for us the "L" or "J" galley is even better. Using the bed with slide in is not an issue. We put slides out no matter where we are. Having access to the fridge with the slide in is nice for midday lunch on the road.

For the sharp eyed, yes, the second trailer is a different one. Same floorplan though. The TV is in the slide mounted at a 45degree angle so that it is visible everywhere.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III

Our previous had the sink in the island. DW much prefers it better here. Floorplans are very similar for both except our current one has regular doors on bathroom hall and bedroom, not folding ones.
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well this is personal choice, but you asked for opinions.
We have a 2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS.
Master suite shower within the forward bedroom.
Good size living room
Large rear Kitchen
all in a package at 32'

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

glkids2
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Montana High Country 318RE
Things we like
rear wall tv. no bad angle
Recliners opposite h/bed couch makes for easy conversation
we like the split bathroom. more room to move around
main bed on slide out leaves more room to get around the bed and closet across the front.
As far as brands recommended Take a look at these
Montana
Cedar Creek
Arctic Fox
Grand Design-new but up and coming

GypsiesAtHeart2
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Forest River Wildcat 293 REX

Some of the things we like are the:
> layout - rear entertainment - the L-shaped counter feels like it separates the rooms
> big back window
> lots of windows (12)
> drop down tv behind fireplace
> fireplace
> plus the outside kitchen with fridge, tv, stove & grill.
> We like the fact that we can access the entire kitchen, bath & bedroom with the 3 slides in, great for a break on the road or overnighting in a truck stop.
> length, 31'9"
2014 Forest River Wildcat 293 REX
2012 GMC 3500 HD SRW CC LB Diesel

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Montana 3725RL for us:

- wide open hallway with washer/dryer closet
- large bathroom with good size tub/shower
- large double door fridge
- large pantry
- 12' x 19' living room kitchen area combination
- 6 point level up
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
2012 Sundance 3100RB was our choice. The reasons we chose this unit are as follows.

- night stands with power outlets on each side for our CPAP and Kindles. Large closets and a towel cabinet in the master bath.

- A large shower and the toilet is not in a closet. It's what you'd expect in a "bathroom".

- A bunkhouse for the GB that lives with us and the bedroom has it's own 1/2 bath. I can send the GBs (6 of them total) to a bathroom without them going through camper.

- When traveling I have access to both bathrooms. The rest I don't care about.

You need to make a list of features you got to have and a list you don't want. I still debate if I should have gotten the outdoor kitchen. The "dorm fridge" in the outdoor kitchen could be handy.
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer

We didn't want a walk thru bathroom
We like having the entertainment unit in the back
We like plenty of windows to enjoy the view

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
Californiadreamers wrote:
My husband and I are still searching for our first FW. With all the floor plan choices available, I would love to hear from all of you regarding your favorite FW floor plan and why it works for you. Please include the FW model you have.

Thank you kindly.

Whatever *I* like - there will be at least an equal number of opposites.
It's a personal thing.

Decide on the features that are "must haves" for *YOU*..:C
Ex: King size bed, or bunk beds, etc.

Now find the brands that have those features.

BTW - The floor plans which many owners have - may no longer be available in the exact configuration as new models (or the next year's version) are released.

New or re-sale?
It's up to you to get out and decide.
New = Collect brochures and make notes on them.

Re-sale - take some pics of the ones you liked and make digital notes.

Good luck.

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
This is our first rear kitchen and we love it... lots of counter space and we don't have to track thru the kitchen to get to the other areas. It has a huge basement that I can sit upright in, 2 recliners, bedroom slide, a big corner shower and everything is accessible with the slides in except for the microwave. That was all of our prerequisites and it's the shortest we could find with all of those features... 31'8". Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

rskeans
Explorer
Explorer
We chose the LIfestyle LS36FW. With the slides in we have access to the kitchen, bathroom and even the bedroom without moving the slides. http://www.lifestylelrv.com/page/375/LS36FW There is room for a side by side washer/dryer if desied. Ours does not have the kitchen island. Kitchen access might be more limited with the slides in with the island.
'14 RAM CTD,Aisin,CC,DRW,4.10 Longhorn, LB
Aerotanks.com 70 gal underbed fuel tank.
Lifestyle LS36FW, Andersen Ultimate AL hitch

jimandlaurie
Explorer
Explorer
We love our 3750 front living room-Montana-for us having the bedroom for quiet sleeping in the rear and 2 doors with access to the bath and kitchen with the slides closed works well for us. The living room ceiling height is very good. Everyone has an idea that works. IMHO when you walk in you will get "the feeling" of comfort and" hominess"when you are in the right one. Then it comes to colors decor etc.
2013 Chevy 3500HD Duramax
Nomad 25 Lite
25 C-Dory Cruiser
2 Shiba Inu travel dogs