cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flag Pole Suggestions

Octanefam
Explorer
Explorer
Ok we want to get a flag pole to for our tailgating functions so here I am for all your suggestions. This is what I'm looking for flag pole and either hitch mount or a tire mount won't always have the toy hauler with us when tailgating. Yeah I can do Amazon searches but I'm looking to see what others are using so I buy this stuff once and not second time.

Thanks
Todd

2002 F250 7.3 PSD
2007 Jayco Octane 24Z
2006 YFZ450
2003 Raptor 660
23 REPLIES 23

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I stay away from anything that attaches to the trailer, especially the ladder in the front. Its right above my head when I sleep and if I forget to take it down it keeps me awake banging and flapping. I made a holder that pounds into the ground and I usually pound it into a creosote bush where the dirt is softer.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

720Deere
Explorer
Explorer
Seeing the HIS, my guess was son-in-law!
2011 Ford F-350 4X4 CC LB SRW 6.7
2013 Keystone Fuzion 315
B&W Companion Hitch
1 wife 2 kids and 1 dog

dougford
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
Macs Dad wrote:
Whats a SIL ?

Sister-in-law

The sister-in-law uses it on HIS ladder? :W
2008 Ford F350 CC 4X4
2012 Jacyo Octane T29A
2006 Yamaha Blaster
2007 Honda Recon
2006 TTR50
2012 YZ250F
2013 WR250R
2013 XT250

Y-Guy
Macs Dad wrote:
Whats a SIL ?

Sister-in-law

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Macs_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Macs Dad wrote:

These guys are really good. Great customer service also.

Just wish they made a 5th whell front ladder holder.

My SIL uses THIS ONE on his ladder and it works out fine.

Just spent 3 Days on the beach with 35-45 MPH winds and Poles And Holders unit held up just fine.:C

Whats a SIL ?
2007 Weekend Warrior SL2805
20505 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 6.0/410 Gasser
2008 Polaris RZR 800 With +6 Long Travel
2012 Kawasaki KX 250F
1990 Kawasaki JS 550 Jet Ski

Scrapz
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Sandman wrote:
Scrapz wrote:
jackxclan wrote:
http://www.polesandholders.com/home.php

While I do like my Poles and Holders flag setup, I find that their shipping for replacement parts is too high. I would rather pay higher prices for the parts than be gouged on shipping. I wanted the 4-pc swivel rings w/clips and 3 sets of pins - a handful of items. I know these would fit into a small Priority box and shipping would be less than half the website quote. I emailed through their website to see if they could ship for less, but no response. Since is is a family-run business, and I read so much on rv.net about their great CS, I thought they might be willing to help me out, or at least reply and tell me NO.

I am locked in now to Poles and Holders unless I want to make another flag pole investment. I just bought this one in July. Luckily I wanted to have these parts as spares. When the time comes that I need these parts I hope I can find them someplace else. I do wish I had researched this more before purchasing. Shame on me. There are other makers/distributors of fiberglass flag poles. Unfortunately the sizes are not the same, so I can't use their swivel rings.

It is a good flag pole, but great CS? I don't see it.

I agree that no one likes to be ripped off on shipping but have you actually shipped anything lately using UPS, FedEx or the USPS? Rates are high and continue to climb. I use UPS for just about everything I ship because they are convenient, although a little more costly. I've had customers ask me to use USPS Priority Mail to save them money but to do so I need to visit the post office even though I can prepay and print a label online in advance. This is not convenient for me and my time is worth something to me.

And you may be right. USPS may not be convenient for them, but a reply to my question would have been nice. Communication is a large part of good customer service.
Kathy :B

Mr__Sandman
Explorer
Explorer
Scrapz wrote:
jackxclan wrote:

While I do like my Poles and Holders flag setup, I find that their shipping for replacement parts is too high. I would rather pay higher prices for the parts than be gouged on shipping. I wanted the 4-pc swivel rings w/clips and 3 sets of pins - a handful of items. I know these would fit into a small Priority box and shipping would be less than half the website quote. I emailed through their website to see if they could ship for less, but no response. Since is is a family-run business, and I read so much on rv.net about their great CS, I thought they might be willing to help me out, or at least reply and tell me NO.

I am locked in now to Poles and Holders unless I want to make another flag pole investment. I just bought this one in July. Luckily I wanted to have these parts as spares. When the time comes that I need these parts I hope I can find them someplace else. I do wish I had researched this more before purchasing. Shame on me. There are other makers/distributors of fiberglass flag poles. Unfortunately the sizes are not the same, so I can't use their swivel rings.

I agree that no one likes to be ripped off on shipping but have you actually shipped anything lately using UPS, FedEx or the USPS? Rates are high and continue to climb. I use UPS for just about everything I ship because they are convenient, although a little more costly. I've had customers ask me to use USPS Priority Mail to save them money but to do so I need to visit the post office even though I can prepay and print a label online in advance. This is not convenient for me and my time is worth something to me.
Tow Vehicle - 2004 Ford F350 PSD 4x4
Hauler - Sold/None
Toys - 2009 Polaris RZR LE, 1985 ATC 250R,
2009 Raptor 700, 2003 Raptor 80,

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
dougford wrote:
X2 on polesandholders.com...they are awesome.

Another vote for Corky and Poles and Holders.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Flagco makes a nice telescoping flag pole, I have a friend that has the 25ft and its really very nice and HD. They also make a 30ft that I'll be getting this spring before we go to migh race. They have 2 or 3 diff mounts.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Scrapz
Explorer
Explorer
jackxclan wrote:

Kathy :B

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Macs Dad wrote:

My SIL uses THIS ONE on his ladder and it works out fine.

Just spent 3 Days on the beach with 35-45 MPH winds and Poles And Holders unit held up just fine.:C
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
I think they make one you can drive onto so you dont have to have a holder.
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

Macs_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
jackxclan wrote:
good people good products poles, mounts, lights

2007 Weekend Warrior SL2805
20505 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 6.0/410 Gasser
2008 Polaris RZR 800 With +6 Long Travel
2012 Kawasaki KX 250F
1990 Kawasaki JS 550 Jet Ski

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
I used electrical conduit three different sizes to make it telescoping. With just a set pin in each. No worries about it breaking in high winds either!
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus