cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Purchasing a 5th wheel? Watch video about Grand Design RV

LI_Happy_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone that is considering a Grand Design RV should watch this video. The professionalism shown by the owners of Grand Design make all of us Grand Design RV owners proud to be associated with such a great company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OrbLmmTQ_o
2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Crew Cab DRW Golden Bronze Metallic
Reese 20K fifth wheel hitch
Firestone ride rite airbags
40 REPLIES 40

LI_Happy_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Reflection is in comparison to Silverback, Columbus and Sabre in price if not a little less expensive.

luckeydr
Explorer
Explorer
The Reflection line is middle range price. Solitude is higher end. Momentum is toy hauler.

Tgator1
Explorer
Explorer
What is the price range for the Reflection line? Is it comparable with some mid-range RV's like the Silverback, Columbus and Sabre (around $45 to 55k), or closer to high end like New Horizons, Mobile Suites and Cameo?
Tgator1
2016 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

gtsum
Explorer
Explorer
They sound and look like quality units. Sounds like some good personal, customer service as well
2015 Fuzion 345 Chrome
2014 Ram Megacab 3500 CTD Laramie

LI_Happy_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
And here is another great article featuring Grand Design in RV Business magazine!!!!!!

http://www.rvbusiness-digital.com/MayJun2014#&pageSet=25

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
I RV All the time with 3 friends that have Solitudes and they are pretty rigs but they are built no better or worse than any other MFG they have all been back to the dealer a few times for little things just like the rest of us If you like them buy one they are nice, in my opinion you do not get the "bang for the Buck" like other mfg's with Grand Designs but after camping with them for over a year now I would recommend them to anybody
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

Tinnys_Rig
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear for sure. We are seriously looking at a 379FL but are concerned about a few things, such as the quality of their electronics, tires, etc. I have never heard of Furion electronics or Westlake tires.

nguyenbio
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I bought our GD Reflections 303RLS last month. I will say that the fit and finish on the GD units are head and shoulders about all over comparable price point 5th wheels, and better than most units priced considerably more. Yes, only time will tell how the unit will hold up and if the company stays focused on customer service. In the mean time, all I can do is enjoy what we have paid for and create memories for our kids.

As for GD themselves, the customer service is so far the best I have experienced from any big ticket item manufacturer. A gentleman by the name of JD always picks up the phone and gives me the best information and advice. He never hesitates to answer my questions and goes above and beyond.

Yes, all people are in business to make money. I can't blame them for living the dream. Heck, most of us would sell the company too, if we made tons of cash. Now if they can make money and not step on their customers, then it's a win win situation for both.

BTW...WE LOVE OUR GRAND DESIGN!!
Joe
2014 Ford F250 6.7L Crewcab Beast
2014 Grand Design Reflections 303RLS

LI_Happy_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I am the person who started this topic by posting the video. The reason I posted the video is because I am also an owner of a Grand Design Momentum since November 2013. I have the number 5 build of the Momentum 385TH and have yet to have any major issues. The only few minor issues I had (someone dropped something on the floor and chipped it, small decal issue, etc) were all corrected immediately by my dealer.

I had spoken directly with 2 of the 3 owners of Grand Design, and 2 General Managers on their personal cell phones. Bill Fenech and Marc Hauser have taken a few recommendations I have made to them about that could be added or improved to the Momentum and now are either standard or options. The owners truly listen to their customers recommendations and suggestions to help better their product.

I don't think if you asked to speak to the CEO of Forest River or Keystone you would ever get through to them. The owners of Grand Design also respond to questions on the Grand Design forum (which is not operated by Grand Design) and have a customer service representative constantly answering customer questions which I have not seen other manufactures do.

I posted this video because I am a believer in the PEOPLE who are the owners and the managers of Grand Design who I have faith in will look out for their customers for many many years going forward. When I ordered my Momentum at the Hershey RV show Marc Hauser, General Manger of Grand Design stayed with my family for over 3 hours going over every aspect of the Momentum until we were satisfied with every question we had. No sooner did I leave the RV show, I received a phone call from Don Clark, President and CEO of Grand Design, thanking me for my purchase and faith in their company.

I am a previous owner of Keystone, Forest River and Jayco RV's and could not be happier than my purchase of a Grand Design product.

This was just an informational post. Anyone purchasing an RV should do plenty of research and then settle on the RV that best suits their needs and satisfies any questions. For me that answer was Grand Design after many months of researching Toy Haulers.

JEBar
Explorer
Explorer
8iron wrote:
TXiceman wrote:
These "top executives" from Keystone and Thor are the same ones that set the management style to crank then out cheap and ignore the customers. I would be really surprised if they did anything different at the new company.

Ken

I think the difference may be that these former "top executives" from other large publicly traded company(s) are now owners of a private enterprise. There is a fundamental difference in whom they are obliged to please and how the business is run.

it will be interesting to watch and see how things develop .... hopefully they will build a quality company with a strong dealer base .... the test will be to see if they build it, sell it to Thor or Forest River and walk away with another pocket full of cash

Jim
'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS

Shepherd
Explorer
Explorer
Thor and LCI are buying up every thing.:C
2018 Ram 3500 CC aisin/4.10
2014 Rushmore Monticello

LindanMick
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a 293RES(32Feet)Reflection. Very nice.. This is our second 5th wheel and thought our Forest River was great, until we went looking again. Is it a $200,000 RV? Nope, but after looking at the Silverback ( same size) we were convinced with one we wanted.

We have had the new one for three weeks now and love it. I know it's still new but it's very nice.

Haters are going to hate no matter what it is. I worked in the high end import luxury car industry and people would dog them all the time. Some people you will never please, they know everything and are perfect in every way.

Good luck with your choice, we like ours..:B

proptwister
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our GD Momentum in October of last year.This is our 4th new RV so I've had some experience with the problems normally associated with a new unit. By far, our Momentum has been top notch. Early this spring I unfortunately left the back steps down while pulling it out of the shop. I didn't just bend them, but ripped them completely off! While it was at the dealer (first time back) I had them fix 2 MINOR items, a piece of trim that had came loose near the steps and a loose stool flange. Both the items and the steps were fixed immediately with no hassle. These are the ONLY items we have had a problem with.

Just got back this weekend from another trouble free trip. Needless to say, I am extremely pleased with our Grand Design!
After 25 years of GM products, I've jumped ship!
14' Ram Laramie Longhorn 3500 High Output Cummins/Aisin Transmission
Factory 5th Prep with B&W Companion Hitch
14' Grand Designs 355TH Toyhauler
5th AirBorne Pinbox

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
Now that kind of feedback is encouraging and means so much more than that empty video! Good luck and I hope your GD 5er stays the same way. Time will be the next test. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!