cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refrigerator on the slide

ohiopicker
Explorer
Explorer
There are several rv floor plans I've seen that have the reefer mounted on the slide. This seems to me to be not such a good idea. Any comments?
12 REPLIES 12

Norskeman
Explorer
Explorer
ohiopicker wrote:
There are several rv floor plans I've seen that have the reefer mounted on the slide. This seems to me to be not such a good idea. Any comments?

The only thing they need is an external fan to help with the ventilation flow up the back of the unit. Its purpose is to assist required air movement across the refrigerator condenser to ensure optimum performance.

I added a second fan for "hot" days - greater than 75 degrees. When the original external fan is running all of the time I know it is time to turn on the second external fan.
2017 Keystone Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

highlife4me1
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:
highlife4me1 wrote:
The only problem I have with the fridge being in the slide is that I have that much further to go to get a cold beer. I solved that problem by bring a cooler that I can put ice and beer in and set it next to my chair. Problem solved!

I thought that's what wives/kids/grandkids were for? ๐Ÿ™‚

That works for about an hour or two but then they get smart and I'm usually on my own.
2006 F150 SCrew
2012 Jayco 23.5RBS

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
highlife4me1 wrote:
The only problem I have with the fridge being in the slide is that I have that much further to go to get a cold beer. I solved that problem by bring a cooler that I can put ice and beer in and set it next to my chair. Problem solved!

I thought that's what wives/kids/grandkids were for? ๐Ÿ™‚

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Some issues have resulted from fridges being in slide outs.......that is due to the venting issue which has mostly been corrected by fans installed in top area to pull cooling air thru bottom vent and help with proper air flow across backside of fridge.
Provided that fridge was properly installed with the correct clearance......narrow and directed with out any dead air spaces.

Fridge in slide out or not isn't the issue....proper air flow is the key.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

highlife4me1
Explorer
Explorer
2006 F150 SCrew
2012 Jayco 23.5RBS

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Last 4 trailers had fridge in the slide. Never any problems. Why would there be? In transit the slide in in and secure.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
ohiopicker wrote:
What problem are you expecting to have?

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Our 4 door fridge is in a very long deep slide out and my 5er is an 06', never had an issue with it, works fine......"urban legend":)
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
It's no different than the refer bouncing down the highway in any RV.

The slides are design to carry the weight. Our super slide has had as many as 8 people in it several times with no ill effect.

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
No problems with ours either.

samandtheduck
Explorer
Explorer
I have had one in my slide since 2008 and have had no issues. Fridge is right on temp and freezer keeps things frozen solid.
Brian

gjwarneke
Explorer
Explorer
Why? I have 2 5vers..reefers in slides of both..never been a issue