cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Satellite - factory installation

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Seems that every Class A has a satellite dome mounted on the roof that came that way from the factory. When do you think 5th wheel and toy hauler manufacturers will follow suit?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE
15 REPLIES 15

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
Tailgater here. Much preferred over the roof mount. Set it where we want. Dish for my RV I-pad app' helps to find ideal location between trees. Easy simple set up. Very pleased with it.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many Private GCs now have Satellite Friendly sites, you just have to ask.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Atom_Ant
Explorer
Explorer
Redwood does a satellite prep for the Trav'ler on the roof and additional street side inputs, but the factory will not actually install the antenna.

It took me about 3 hrs to install it myself. The prep is very nice and the factory even installs the Winegard control cable between the roof and control box. It was pretty much plug and play.
2008 Ford F350 2014 Redwood 36RL - Our Rig
Onan 5500, Splendide Ariston W/D, 8K axles, disk brakes, G614s, tri-glide pin box,
6-pt leveling, dual heat pump, dual awnings, Trav'ler SK-1000 Dish

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Traveler SK 3005 installed at the NuWa factory. It was satellite ready but only for a dome so a couple more wires had to be run. Factory did a great job! We carry a portable HD dish with us but have not had to use it once. Roof top satellite is the best.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

skeetshooter
Explorer
Explorer
I has a 2008 HitchHiker that had a dome installed on the roof, it was an option. On the trailer I currently have we do not have one. I will get a carry out unit which I think it will be more efficient to get lock. Better to move the receiver than the trailer.
SkeetShooter
SkeetShooter
2014 DRV Mobile Suite 36 TKRB3
2010 Ford F-350 Longbed SD Diesel DRW 4X2
20K Reese Hitch,
Good Sam Life Member

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I really got to where I hated the domes. Had to always watch where we parked due to trees and etc. Then if it rained I would have to go up on top and dry it off to get signal back. Today we use the tailgater, I really like it. They now have one called flex. With it you can now watch 2 different channels at once.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
We carry a separate HD DTV ground dish for those few times that the Travler can't lock onto a signal because of trees, etc...
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

drfife
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is wired for a TRAV'LER, but I did not install one. I opted for a Tailgater.

Many of the parks we frequent have too many trees for a roof mount dish. The Tailgater allows it to be placed for best signal.

I mounted mine with their ladder mount. I can get a signal about 1/2 the time. If not it comes off easily to place where I can get a signal.
Russell
'12 GMC Sierra 3500HD SRW
'13 Excel Winslow 34IKE

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I know nothing about the Traveler 11. Will it work with trees around? Dish or Direct?

It's the one in my sig....the Winegard SK3005 Trav'ler II ...Direct TV is what I went with, it has a higher azimuth than Dish, so it has to shoot higher into the sky to get a signal. I've had both Dish and Direct and for where I've camped in the mountains, for some reason, Direct has worked out better than Dish....My camp in WV is in a valley surrounded by mountains with trees all around. I push a button, it dials in all three satellites and I'm "good to go"...HiDef, once you get use to it, hard to go back to standard definition..
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I know nothing about the Traveler 11. Will it work with trees around? Dish or Direct?
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Just say no the dumb domes, they are yester year technology! Traveler II is modern tech. Chris

My 5er was prepped for satellite package..cables ran into livingroom and the bedroom...I have the Traveler II as Chris mentioned....works great....
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
Heartland Landmark and Bighorn are prepped for Travler...
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
My 2011 NuWa FW had it as an option. I didn't get it but prewiring was standard. I have an appointment at the factory in July for a Wingard SK-1000 install.
Larry

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just say no the dumb domes, they are yester year technology! Traveler II is modern tech. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021