Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

30 Amp vs 50 Amp

I've only boondocked to this point and going to some campgrounds beginning Saturday and the first one will only have 30 amp service. I've got a surge protector/power meter that I use at home when plugged in and will have that, but my question is, wha...

d-mac1 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic refrig/freezer DM2652 - too cold

How do I control the temp in this refrig/freezer? I have moved the slider on the ribs to the lowest point and it still seems to keep freezing stuff in the refrigerator part, and creating frost on the rigs.There is no info in the manual as to how to ...

funpro by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

EZ suspension rebuild:))

All of my rubber bushings on a year old Cyclone have "gone south", probably due to the fact the chassis sat outside without a camper built on it. Any way, Dexter sent me a complete "wet-bolt" replacement for the triple axle. While it took me and a...

front landing leg

My wife raised front legs last time out and raised too far, is there a way to take apart and repair? It is a 2001 Laredo 27RL.

hukillrc by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

My SW6DE water heater

I have a 2005 Cougar with a SW6DE water heater, for some reason it has stopped working this year. I get gas to the gas valve. When I hit the on button on the water heater nothing is happening. I dont hear or see a spark. I replace the gas valve a...

edstep by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Alcan and 5th Wheel RV Problems

Alcan and 5th Wheel hitch problem 6/24/2013The frame holding the hitch on my Montana 5th wheel trailer broke at the end of our trip up the Alcan Hwy. Is this common?We live in Alaska and spent the winters of 2010/11 and 2012/13 in the lower 48. . We...

Water Mayday

I just filled the fresh water tank for our first time on new-to-us 2010 Keystone Alpine. I stood inside, kept testing the water level, it never moved - and then it started to overflow at the outside.So, I came inside and turned on the pump, and tried...

Odd Tire Problem!

Last year, I replaced my fiver's spare tire with a new Towmaster tire. A few months later, I was at home and heard a loud noise outside. I checked around, and the spare tire had completely ruptured, blew off the tread and split the sidewall. It is...

Tires - Again

I finally blew a tire on my 23' Leakin' Warrior Superlite. I think this was my fault. I used the trailer last week and set the pressure at 50psi cold but didn't check before this weeks trip. The tires are 7 years old and it was hot when I drove down ...

SMarquez by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator fuel additives.. yeah or nay

Hi gang,I have a 2006 Keystone Raptor 2617 with the Onan 5500 gen-set. I am ashamed to say that I am just over 500 hours and am just now changing the fuel filter and spark plugs. Oil and air filter has been changed as per the maintenance directions. ...

option package

{Newbie to this forum but a member of Good Sam for several years} We have a 2003, 30 foot Forest River Sandpiper. Option listed is the "Northwest Package" I have a little knowledge of what I think it is. Didn't buy it new so any input would be apprec...

Reelay by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator removal for home emergency use

I did a quick cursory check and did not locate anything on this subject.When I purchased my 2005 Thor Victory Lane 3605 Toy Hauler (in 2008) I had big plans for camping. Well, that was successful for two seasons. Now the hauler stays two states awa...

5th wheel question

I have a 2001 Silverado 2500 HD short box, 4-wheel drive. Is there some kind of special 5th wheel trailer hitch I have to have to install one myself. It is for a Forest River Salem 27' 5th wheeler. I was told that it might take a special one and t...