Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Truck down

Unfortunately, it looks as though I just lost a rod bearing. A couple of good trips have already been planned for the Summer which will need to be cancelled, including a family wedding in Vermont. Has anyone ever heard of a place that will rent a t...

Fuses

Can anyone tell me where the fuse to operate the electric rear stabilizers on a 2009 Forrest River 5th would be.It stopped working suddenly.I know the front electric landing jacks have an inline fuse,but where is it for the rear.It is not located in ...

I need help with weight ratings!

Ok, I used to feel like I was a fairly intelligent man until we recently decided to purchase a 5th wheel. I have been trying to configure the size of 5th wheel we can safely tow and I am having a math meltdown. I would like to challenge some nobel pr...

Hello!

Hi everyone - I've just found this forum and thought I'd drop in to say Hi...We are currently in France with our Rockwood UltraLite 8280 trailer and Ford F150 - to say that we turn heads would be an understatement!I have a blog here with lots of info...

Rusties by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

30 Amp vs 50 Amp

I've only boondocked to this point and going to some campgrounds beginning Saturday and the first one will only have 30 amp service. I've got a surge protector/power meter that I use at home when plugged in and will have that, but my question is, wha...

d-mac1 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic refrig/freezer DM2652 - too cold

How do I control the temp in this refrig/freezer? I have moved the slider on the ribs to the lowest point and it still seems to keep freezing stuff in the refrigerator part, and creating frost on the rigs.There is no info in the manual as to how to ...

funpro by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

EZ suspension rebuild:))

All of my rubber bushings on a year old Cyclone have "gone south", probably due to the fact the chassis sat outside without a camper built on it. Any way, Dexter sent me a complete "wet-bolt" replacement for the triple axle. While it took me and a...

front landing leg

My wife raised front legs last time out and raised too far, is there a way to take apart and repair? It is a 2001 Laredo 27RL.

hukillrc by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

My SW6DE water heater

I have a 2005 Cougar with a SW6DE water heater, for some reason it has stopped working this year. I get gas to the gas valve. When I hit the on button on the water heater nothing is happening. I dont hear or see a spark. I replace the gas valve a...

edstep by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Alcan and 5th Wheel RV Problems

Alcan and 5th Wheel hitch problem 6/24/2013The frame holding the hitch on my Montana 5th wheel trailer broke at the end of our trip up the Alcan Hwy. Is this common?We live in Alaska and spent the winters of 2010/11 and 2012/13 in the lower 48. . We...

Water Mayday

I just filled the fresh water tank for our first time on new-to-us 2010 Keystone Alpine. I stood inside, kept testing the water level, it never moved - and then it started to overflow at the outside.So, I came inside and turned on the pump, and tried...

Odd Tire Problem!

Last year, I replaced my fiver's spare tire with a new Towmaster tire. A few months later, I was at home and heard a loud noise outside. I checked around, and the spare tire had completely ruptured, blew off the tread and split the sidewall. It is...