cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Washer/dryer

captdave363
Explorer
Explorer
My wife has decided she wants to put a washer/dryer in our fifth wheel. Does anyone have a recommendation as to what type is best?
2011 Ford F550 Crew Cab Classie Chassie Modified
2012 Landmark Grand Canyon
2003 Honda Turbo 4 stroke jetskis
1997 Parker 25 Sport Cabin w/Yamaha 250
21 REPLIES 21

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
I can only relate personal experience.
We lived full-time in a fifth wheel in which there was a Splendide combination vented washer/dryer. That thing did 2 loads of clothes nearly every day for over two years, with no trouble at all!
Each load consisted of one set of clothes; that is, underwear, socks, shirt, trousers. Keeping the load light like that pretty much eliminated wrinkles, even though the loads did not always get removed from the drum in a timely manner.
We were well pleased with the vented Splendide combo unit.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

turbopilot51
Explorer
Explorer
We installed the Splendide 2100xc combo in our Alpine last year. The dw likes not having to lug clothes to the laundromat. The only issue I have is the clothes tend to come out wrinkled. A good investment if you are on the road for weeks at a time.

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased the Splendide 2100XC washer/dryer combo several years ago. Seeing as how it is just the wife and myself. We found this combo more than enough for our needs. Works great, never had an issue with it and would recommend it as an alternative to the stackables should you want or need to go that route. Doesn't hold as big of a load and takes a little longer to wash and dry, but again, just the two of us and it has met our needs.

I too had been told to steer clear of the Majestic brand when I was debating on what washer/dryer combo to put in my 5er..Got most of my information searching on internet and of course from the people on this forum..........experience speaks volumes:)
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

YakFishMo
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in the process of installing the Splendide stackables right now. I bought the Splendides after a lot of research because they are built for RV/Marine use. What that means to me is that they probably put some thought to pounding in rough seas and pounding on rough roads when they designed the units. Apartments don't experience this activity, so I discounted the apartment type units made by Whirlpool and others. I'm sure they are fine machines as I have sworn by Whirlpool all my life for my bolted to the ground type homes.
I completed my washer installation last weekend and we ran it through one wash. Wow! I will be able to sleep while it is running. I can't believe how quiet it is! I'll finish the dryer this weekend.
2012 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS
2015 F-350 6.7 CC DRW

LuvMT
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Sigh. One post in and already eating my feet.

I used the search function on Majestic RV's and read a few slams on them so when I came across this in the search engine I just read the last post and immediately began "defending" them. Your point is well taken. I have nothing to contribute to the Majestic clothes washing equipment lol.

I apologize for jumping the gun.

drillking
Explorer
Explorer
Had Splendide in our old fiver, got side by side Whirlpools in this one. Wife likes the Whirlpools better because she can wash and dry more clothes faster.
Sheridan & Barb
2014 Lifestyle LS37CKSL
2013 F350 Lariat 6.7 DRW
"On our way to the Gloryland with scenic stops along the way"!

Atom_Ant
Explorer
Explorer
LuvMT wrote:
Majestic is not a brand. It is a model, owned exclusively by Cruise America. The brand is Fourwinds, or Thor, and they make excellent RV's, some of the best. You were probably "swayed" away from Majestic by someone who thinks buying a rental is bad news. I am here to say this is NOT TRUE. If you dont put a ton of miles on (ie are like most working families whose RV sits most of the year and you maybe put 2000 miles a year on) then it is very, very hard to beat the value of the Majestic line.

P.S. Fourwinds has special manufacturing processes for RV's that C.A. orders. The units are a little simpler in design, but there are many areas throughout that are actually built stronger than the average RV. Full tongue and groove floors are one example. Solid wood construction on all cabinet doors are another. They are not built like you average unit on the lot, but rather to withstand the extra use they will get. Ours is a perfect example on how the "extra use" did not seem to affect it. We are very happy with it!
I know you just joined yesterday, but you might want to make a habit of READING the post before you comment. Majestic is a brand of appliances made by Majestic Appliances in Vancouver Washington and they don't make RVs, they aren't owned by Thor, they were never rentals, all they do is wash clothes which is what this topic is about.
2008 Ford F350 2014 Redwood 36RL - Our Rig
Onan 5500, Splendide Ariston W/D, 8K axles, disk brakes, G614s, tri-glide pin box,
6-pt leveling, dual heat pump, dual awnings, Trav'ler SK-1000 Dish

LuvMT
Explorer
Explorer
deleted

Atom_Ant
Explorer
Explorer
I guess you will hear cheers from everyone's brand they selected, because overall I think they all do the job. The exception may be Majestic. Don't want to knock them if folks have good luck with them, and I've never owned that brand, but I was steered away from them at Camping World.
Onan 5500, Splendide Ariston W/D, 8K axles, disk brakes, G614s, tri-glide pin box,

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
We have stackable Whirlpools...wouldn't ever give them up!
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

Texas_Flash
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Splendide, we have the combo. Works well for us.
Mike and Marian
2014 Dynamax Trilogy Touring
2017 Ford F-350 King Ranch DRW
4x4,

Atom_Ant
Explorer
Explorer
Our Splendide stackables (Ariston) are 6 years old now and work wonderful. We now have them side by side in this rig. We did replace a hot water valve because I broke it installing them in this rig, and it was pricey, but available.

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
Our Splendide stackables work great. I never thought I would want or like RV washers and dryers but now I would not be without them. We have used the washer with the water pump and also when we did not have sewer hook ups. Just have to be careful to not overfill the tanks
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered my 5th wheel with the Splendide stackable units, have only used them a few times but I think they're great. Small loads only please and the dryer takes longer then you're used to compared to your house dryer (only 110 volts).

One thing I learned on this forum was to NOT get the Splendide dryer that is 'ventless' because it really does not work that well.