cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where do y'all use your Golf Carts?

MichaelOH59
Explorer
Explorer
Besides the Golf Course! We have a limo Golf cart we bought new in 2014, but no longer attend the events we bought the GC for. What do Yall do with your Gcs? Especially interested in the National and State Parks, but please report any other uses that you have found for your GC while camping. Muchas in advance!
27 REPLIES 27

face_down
Explorer
Explorer
We take ours to a private campground @ Lake Gaston in VA, to MB, SC @ Ocean Lakes (Apache CG also allows personal GC's) and to Bristol Motor Speedway. One of the reasons we bought a TH, got tired of loading it in the back of the PU with our old TT.
2016 Keystone Carbon 357
2006 Ford F350 4X4 CC/LB/DRW (aka Big Sexy)
Reese 20K Goose Box - Draw-Tite Remove-a-Ball

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
Some communities allow carts on the street...so much for the golf course only theory :S

Even state parks have a hard time saying "NO" to a street legal, registered/insured vehicle. We often take a 50cc scooter...most I have heard is no "joyriding"...vehicles go "to" and "from" campsite. That goes for any vehicle in most parks. Never had a problem running the scooter to the camp store, shower house, etc...same as many do in their TV or toad (although I did have one CG tell me I would have to pay for an additional vehicle on my site if I took it off the truck).

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Michael, I think there are bad apple parents that allow their teenage kids to go wild in their carts giving the non cart owners a bad opinion of the rest of us. It's a shame that parents have such a hard time being parents these days and are more likely to make excuses for their "little angels..."
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

MichaelOH59
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate all the responses. It appears that most if not all the sate/ natl parks do not allow GCs. Many campgrounds and RV parks do, though some require vehicles to be street legal. Too bad the parks are not more accommodating.

Bedlam
Most of the campgrounds we visit require any vehicle to be street licensed and insured if operated in the park. RV resorts are more mixed in allowing unlicensed vehicles to operate. We have visited some parks where any vehicle use is discouraged and anyone looping the campground is asked to stop or leave.

Although I do not own a golf cart, I have two dune buggies that are street licensed and insured. One is a fiberglass body based off an air cooled VW Bus and the other is a tube frame with aluminum panels based off a water cooled Honda scooter. The latter one gets more attention because it looks more like an off-road vehicle until I point out the DOT parts that makes it legal to wear a standard license plate. I don't push my vehicle use on the places that I visit, but I will educate anyone that does not understand what I am driving.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
we use it in SC and FL state parks, private cgs and well, everywhere we can ๐Ÿ™‚
plus at home my 10 yr old drives up and down our dead end road and all over our land. kids have alot of fun with it.

drmopar
Explorer
Explorer
Michael, we have a Gem 4 seat electric vehicle, street legal car we take in our Forest River Stealth Toy Hauler. My Wife's mother can't walk, so when they go around the Campground, it helps a lot. Just cruising around is cool. Still like to walk, but getting ice and walking with a cool bag of water does not work at 5'oclock!

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
My understanding that in Connecticut, state parks do not allow carts unless for handicapped.

A couple campgrounds I've been to the carts were WAY overboard - speeding, dangerous driving, etc. Even had an accident between two golf carts near my campsite once... no one was hurt, but one of the carts had to be towed away.

Having said that... at some places, like Fort Wilderness, carts are fun and convenient to have. We've rented carts at FW just for a day, to do "looping" (driving around the campground) and just drive around.

Campgrounds we've been to require carts to have full lights at night, or be parked once the street lights come on!

Vulcanmars
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
A lot of state and federal campgrounds you have to have a legal licensed vehicle in order to use it on campground roads. Some private campgrounds you can use them, call ahead to find out if they are allowed.

My seasonal site you can use a GC or a UTV. I use a licensed scooter that I can take to town.

Some private campgrounds even rent GC's.

Best response above. Just call ahead........
Mars
04 V10 F250 SDCC 4X4
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Never had it happen to me?
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
What is it with golf cart owners not running lights at night? I've nearly been killed more than once while riding my bicycle in a campground (with lights on the bike of course).

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
taken wrote:
Michael, don't sweat the negative posters. They are uninformed and speaking from ignorance. And the go to a gym comments? That's what you do when you're home. Some of us actually have jobs that keep us fit as well. The last thing I want to do on my relaxing vacation is have any type of a work out.

We take ours to any larger campground we go to. Most KOA campgrounds allow carts. The large campgrounds at Myrtle Beach allow carts. Fort Wilderness at Disney. There are a ton of places that allow them. Some do require liability insurance but that's cheap. $95 a year through Progressive.

We have a Club Car DS that was rebuilt for us. Silver to match our truck and RV. We love to cruise the large campgrounds and check out everyone else's setups. We are not alone either. Lots of the nicer parks have many campers who enjoy their custom carts that they modify and tweak for fun just like their RV's. We just call before heading to anyplace we haven't been to before to make sure they allow them. The only place we don't take ours is a golf course. Never much cared for the sport...

This is only partially true. While the large campgrounds at Myrtle allow golf carts. ONLY Ocean Lakes allows you to bring your own. Myrtle Beach Travel Park allow their permanent guests to have them but not the nightly guests.

At Pirate Land, and Lake Wood. you must rent carts if you want one. You cannot bring one in.

While carts can be fun. They can also be a hassle. We just take our bikes for use in the CG.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lantley wrote:
Bird Freak That maybe the coolest GC I have ever seen
Thanks Lantley.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
The resort we spend part of our winters in has over 1200 sites. (Outdoor Resorts Palm Springs). We use it to get around in the resort. Nice and quiet and non polluting.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.