Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

F53 Beeping

Several times today in random occurrences and random lengths our '08 F53 Winnie would beep loudly. It was not jacks down. It was not the TPMS. I had no warnings on the instrument cluster but that is where the beeping was coming from. All gauges were ...

Belgique by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Kwikee Steps - only work when battery charger is applied

On my 2001 Itasca Suncruiser, my Kwikee steps only work correctly if I plug a battery charger onto the chassis starting battery. What is odd is that the battery WILL START the engine. But the kwikee steps will not work correctly (they go in/out/in/o...

kmb1966 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Warning Triangles

How many of you carry a Triangle Warning kit of 3 warning triangles, and 1/2 a dozen safety flares? Commercial trucks are required to carry these and figure it's a good idea to carry same in our MH.

Eastgate-Harllingen TX

CP and I are thinking about staying for a while next winter at the Eastgate RV park in Harlingen TX. Looking for others opinion of this park.

Adco tire/wheel covers

Mine were looking pretty grody so I threw them in the wash machine. Didn't hurt them at all and they look near new! I had the washer half full of water and when I was loading the wheel covers inside the washer. I accidentally spilled the laundry pods...

Bubble Top Van vs Roadtrek Style Gas Mileage

I just sold my 1995 Pleasure way 19 ft, which got spectacular fuel mileage. It looked the same as the Roadtrek style.I'm looking at the Bubble top style of the same year. Which has the bed in the bubble top.Can anyone give me an idea what they consum...

ShakerG by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding a toilet and blackwater tank to a cargo van

Hi you all. First time poster here. This site comes up all the time in my internet searches, it's about time I joined!Well let me get right to it, my DIY cargo van conversion.My dream for years has been simply to take a nice and clean 1/2 ton cargo v...

Beware Fleetwood

In 2011 we bought a 4 month old Fleetwood Fiesta 34B gas to take a 3 year, 36,000 mile trip then live in it for 1 1/2 years in Charleston, SC. Of course we had electrical, mechanical,A/C and habitability problems but after the year warranty ran out t...

Will this battery minder work for me?

My coach has 4 6-volt deep cycle batteries. Will this 15W solar powered SCC015 batterMINDer be worthy of keeping the batteries up to snuff? My coach sits outside 365 days a year so might as well make the sun do some of the work. Here is a link to ...

Pexring by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Arm & Hammer Toothpaste

The headlights on my Winnebago were hazed over so bad that soap and water would not get them clean and clear. A poster on RV.Net suggested that I use the A & M Toothpaste with baking soda to clean them. I kind of shrug it off, but gave in and tried i...

White water hose bulging ??

My fresh water hose is starting to bulge a little in a couple of places, is this a sing of weakness? Is it time to replace it? ThanksBrian

supercub by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Annual "Smog Check" on Diesel Motor homes, where?

Gang, I don't seem to recall any previous threads about this subject so, I thought I'd bring it up. Just wondering. When we were considering moving from San Diego to Arizona, I called the AZ Department of Motor Vehicles and inquired about the annual ...

FIRE_UP by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

1986 Holiday Rambler side door handle.

I just picked up a 33' Holiday Rambler on a Chevy chassis. The side door handle is broken and I've been having a heck of a time finding a replacement. It's about 5.75" tall by 4" wide. I don't see a brand on it anywhere. Any ideas???

slide out maintenance

Hi all,I have an RV with a single slide out and was needing some tips and advice on self-performing any required slide out maintenance instead of paying high cost for the technician to do it. my slide out works perfectly fine but wanted feedback on h...

Propane pilot not igniting

Hello once again: Too many problems lately!!!Is it possible that our propane hot water will not ignite because our house batteries need replacing. We are plugged into shore power so would think it would not matter if house batteries need replacing bu...