Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Pets and Traveling

We are about to buy our first Class A and hopefully will have lots of time to travel and see the Country. A potential problem is our relatively healthy 13 y/o lab. The few times we have taken him in our truck while while towing the 5th wheel, he is v...

DanLee by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Greetings from a New Class A owner!

Hello Everyone,Greetings! My name is Cristina and I am the super proud new owner of a Class A 2009 34' Safari Simba. I don't think I've ever adored a vehicle so much since my first car, a 1972 Ford Pinto.I am so new at this I don't even know what que...

electrical problem- where to go from here

everything on the dash is dead. turn the key-nothing. no gages, the chassis battery has about 12v. the radio doesn't work and i believe that works off the house battery. house batt is 13.5vit is a coachmen mirada 2003. the coachmen tech disavow...

Kelderman or Firestone Ride Rite

I am looking to add some type of air bag system to my gas rig. I have heard about Kelderman and Firestone Ride Rite. Opinions please about these two systems or any others available. I would also like to know about the costs (parts and installation). ...

viajante by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

5 Star Tuning Info Needed for Ford V-10

I am thinking of buying the 5 star SCT tuner, they have one that has only 1 program and another that has a custom program with live wire, is the custom program worth the extra cost, anyone just used the 1 program SCT and was the results worth the $41...

timmac by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

New AC's Cooling Much better than the old ones

My original AC units 2, 13500 and 15000 btu's were 10 years old.I replaced them with 2 15000 btu Penguin II High Capacity Air Conditioner's and I added a 3rd unit of the same type.I stay out in the Palm Springs area in the summer where it gets HOT HO...

JCat by Explorer III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Reasoning for Motorhome to quit running

Hello,I got a question... hope it can be answered.I have a 1990 Glendale Class C, (F350 chassis).I just did a long run from Ontario to Savannah GA.All was good going down, no issues at all.The problem was coming back. It was a very hot day. I left fr...

mgfiest by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Dodge Avco saga 1979 year model

I am getting a new carburetor for this motorhome. I replaced the wires and the spark plugs and repaired a wire going from the alternator to that regulator and it isn't stalling anymore. My questions are. is this engine an electric choke or mechani...

Moving on...

Dear B+ friends,I wrote a month ago saying we traded in our 213 on a new Winnebago Vista 26HE. We’re on our way home from a trip to Texas so I thought I’d give you some impressions of the move in case some of you are tempted to do likewise.The major...

minnie winnie i found for sale

I found a 1973 minnie winnie with a Dodge 360 and 37K miles. owner claims no leaks, new brakes, clean & started with updates on the inside, outside looks a bit rough. he is asking 6K. It also has 6 new tires, cv joints and full tune up. Any thoughts?...

Advice please Leaking Rubber roof Travelcraft

The roof on our 1970's RV split. An interim owner had put on a rubber roof. (they purchased it from us years ago, then we purchased it back years later) We'd been trying to keep it sealed, but now, the rubber has split in several places and leaked a...

Heavy Duty Jack Pads

I just finished my new homemade heavy duty jack pads. I laminated three layers of 3/4" plywood, screwed and glued. I then primed the wood and painted them with safety yellow oil based paint. I wanted them to be easily seen so I wouldn't forget abo...

Class A motor home steering stabilizer

Just purchased a 2015 Thor ACE 30' motor home.Ford V10 chassisHaving some issues on the open roads with Semi Trucks and Rouge Winds.Need some help/information as to what the most effective steering stabilizeris Available and some first hand experienc...

rgd123 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Average fuel mileage on a 35' with the V10??

We have been looking around for a slightly used Class A with the V10. I have narrowed it down between the Tiffin Allegro 35QBA and the Georgetown 351DS. We also plan on towing a Jeep Wrangler behind it. Just wondering what kind of fuel mileage I can ...

Kevin_O_ by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes