Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

DP - Apply Throttle for Cold Weather Start? (That Depends)

My owner's manual oddly doesn't cover Cold Weather Starting (20ºF or -7ºC or colder) but I found a general Caterpillar Winter Operation Guide that called for 1/3 throttle till start. Then a couple of minutes of low idle followed by 10-20 min of 900 R...

Rex_Haul by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Sales Tax in South Dakota

Does anyone know if you are a South Dakota resident will you have to pay sales tax on the purchase of a new motorhome. We are thinking of going full time this year and debating which state to call home. If the purchase of a new motorhome is in our fu...

Glacier NP, Bullalo, NY Through Canada

Hi,We will be making a trip to Glacier, NP,in June.Would like route suggestions, going through Canada, to Buffalo, NY.Pros/Cons, what way to go, or avoid.Places to see, avoid, on the way.Driving, 36ft, 2000,F53, MH, with toad.Thanks,Chuck

chucl66 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Converter and Furnace Questions

Hi all - first post here.Just got an '84 Allegro. Not sure what it is - NADA doesn't show a 31 footer but my insurance company does. The model number on the tag under the dash stars with M31 so I'm thinking that's what it is. It has a bedroom with tw...

DC Electrical problem!

Hello all, I am at my wits end with an electrical issue! I think I have narrowed it down to a DC or converter problem, but I want to be sure enough on whether I should buy a new converter or not. Here's where it started:DH drove away with shore pow...

caro3583 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Four Winds 22E vs Coachmen Freelander 21QB

Hi All,I'm looking for opinions on these two class C's. I looked at these two yesterday at the Little Rock RV Show. They are very similar in floor plan and I was impressed with both. The Four Winds is on a Chevy, don't remember about the Freelander.I...

Third brake light on 03 Tahoe

I pull an 03 Tahoe as my toad. The third brake light above the window has quit working. Is there a fuse for that brake light somewhere?

revump by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Diesel in Mexico For 2007 and Later Motorhomes

If I buy a 2007 or later diesel pusher, can I use the Diesel in Mexico??I understand only LSD is available here and there. That ULSD is not available.Is there a tune you can get to bypass the smog stuff, so the DEF sensors are disabled ??Thanks

california emissions

Recently purchased a 1995 Newmar Class a 40' mh , will it be legal in california? wanting to pass thru to oregon and scared of this state anyone have any issues , i work in transportation and they give truckers quite a time of it on fines and all the...

MH friendly gas stations

Has anyone found an app that shows RV gas stations that can accommodate motor homes with a toad. So many times I pull off the road to fuel up only to see the pumps are facing the wrong way to allow easy in and out or the driveway is to steep and trai...

Sealant for cracks..

Hi, I've search here, without success, for topics on what type sealant is best for cracks around the edges of skylights and such on my rooftop, so i'll just ask you all instead now.What do you suggest a fulltimer living in Southern Nevada's extreme d...

NaViDa by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

2010 Jayco Seneca FS

I need to change my water pump. I was thinking of doing it myself and was wondering if anyone here had done it. I know it is deep behind the utility panel. Do I have to drill out the rivets and remove the panel or is there some other way to get to...