Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

F53 95 Vectra -- leaning to the passenger side

When looking at the front of the coach you can see it leaning somewhat to the passenger side.There is no way to do a CHF (Cheap Handling Fix) on this chassis so that is not in play. But the previous owner did have a "Davis Trutrac Bar" installed. I...

Restoring Matted Down Carpet

My 2000 Rose Air Class A has ( had ) original carpet that was not so much dirty, or worn looking , as it was matted down, and lifeless looking.I have a Bissel Shampooer / Cleaner unit .. and used it several times , but the results were short lived....

electrical wiring diagrams

Hi Allnew to the forum, just purchased a 2003 Coachmen Santara and am looking for wiring diagrams for my rig. called Coachmen and was informed that they changed ownership in 2010 and that they do not have any service information available from before...

Looking for new insurance

Just got my renewal bill from Progressive and I was unhappily astounded. They raised my policy almost 50%. I have had no accidents, no claims and no tickets.I will be looking for a new insurance carrier. Could I please get some good recommendations ?...

viajante by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing a Deadbolt on entry door

I have always hated the cheap tiny deadbolt that came in the entry door lock. Is is a a thin small piece of metal that would not keep my hungry bulldog out of the RV.So I wanted to buy an RV deadbolt and install it. But when I search I see residenti...

JCat by Explorer III
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

LCI Hydro Jacks

Well I have a hole in one of my lippert leveling jack hoses. So all the hoses have the plastic jacket falling off them so I though maybe I would do the back 4 lines now and the front 4 later. Well maybe someone knows better but the line I had made at...

k9-keno by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing bolt on rear suspension on new Class A

Took our new motorhome for a short trip this weekend. When I got it home, I was giving it a wash and noticed something hanging underneath the rear axle. This is what I found.The top bolt was missing and the bottom bolt was barely hanging on. The m...

Solar Kits from Amazon

Hi Just wondering if anyone has experience or thoughts on the solar kits off of amazon. Seem pretty reasonable. However, I have very little experience. Below is the link to two different options.Just upgraded my batteries to 2 6V from Costco and l...

Redram99 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Suspension Improvements - Best Order

So what is the consensus best order of suspension improvements on a E450 motorhome?My guess:Proper tire pressureFront end alignmentRear SwayFront SwayShocksSteering StabilizerRear Track BarAm i close?

S1njin by Explorer
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes

MH exterior door handle

We have a 2007 Holiday Rambler Neptune, 36ft. that the entrance doordoor handle,assembly latch seems to be getting loose. Is there a way to tighten the outside latch so it does not move? This started about a month ago, with the door getting a bit h...

Old_Blue by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

1987 fuel pump/gas gauge wiring

I have a 1987 El Capitan with the Ford 460 carburetor engine. Whoever replaced the fuel pump that is in the tank got the gas gauge wires revered, so when I fill up the gauge reads below empty. When empty is read 7/8 full. Needless to say, I ran out o...

atsrmf by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Non-commercial Class B license

When we purchased our first RV, I asked if a special license was required to drive RV's and was told no. Well that RV was 36' and that answer was correct. However, we upgraded to a Phaeton 40AH, which is listed on the specs as appx 41.5'. I now kn...

Basement air cleaning

Took a look at the basement air filter on my unit. P.O. replaced it with a sheet of filter type material, ie not a filter. In looking at the coils below the "filter" they are quite dirty. Can I use conventional coil cleaner on these from the air box ...

ACDNate by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes