Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Replacing Tub/Shower with Standing Shower

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 38K. Would like to remove the step in Tub/Shower. There are residential low step showers available. Just looking to see if someone as attempted and conquered this task. Any suggestions or actually design and pics wou...

werni9 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing Carpet in Class A

Looking for recommendations for someone to replace the carpet with vinyl in my class A , Looking in Texas anywhere between Dallas and San Antonio. Thanks for your advice.

gafidler by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Rear Leaf Springs Ford E350

.Reading another thread on teeth rattling got me thinking about the Leaf Springs .... So far I have already added the Firestone Ride-Rite Airbag system (with onboard inflator)and have recently upgraded to Koni FSD shocks ... both of these made a big ...

wearenh by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator placement

I saw a great checklist for purchasing an RV here. One of the issues is that the generator is mounted high above the the coaches lower body. I have only seen the generators that look like they are right at the body line. They don't hang below, but...

Tour Bus almost cut in two

Did any of you see the tour bus accident at Merced, California where the bus run into a metal light pole and the pole did not give and almost cut the tour bus in two? Looked like a Prevost tour bus.

RayChez by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

For sale and financing my rv

I am in the process of selling my RV,04 Holiday Rambler Vacationer, Have been approached by http "usedrvsbyowner.com" very insistent in convincing me to place my add with them, they sound OK but I have been ripped off before. Has anybody out there ev...

kiloo9 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone replace an AC unit themselves?

We've just replaced the capacitor for the second time in a little over a year and hope that it will carry us along for a while longer, but thinking ahead if we need to replace our unit...has anyone replaced their unit themselves? We're not afraid of...

KristinU by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

LED Rope Lights vs. Strip Lighting

I'm looking for information on the pros and cons on rope lighting vs. strip lighting.My objective is to use one of these products as illumination below the kitchen cabinets in lie of the existing 12 VDC puck lights. My puck lights are very difficult...

bluwtr49 by Explorer II
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing lnsurance

Hi, My wife and I are picking up our class C in January 2017.We plan on using geico RV insurance since their have are car insurance.There policy includes towing. Does anyone have experience with them with RV insurance. Thanks??

Ceiling light covers

I have a few broken floresent light covers - Where can I look to replace them. They are 18 x 6 x 1. They are mounted on my ceiling for a Class A 2004 Holiday RamblerThanksWes

97 Coaching Catalina Plumbing Issues

I recently bought a 97 Coachmen Catalina and on our first trip I used the bathroom sink and noticed that as I ran the water it would come up in the shower and until I turned it of it kept filling up. Since that time I have tried four different things...

'93 E350 Motorhome - really frustrating brake problem

I have been chasing this issue - literally - for years. I have a "93 Ford E350 Motorhome with front disc and rear drum brakes (RABS). I have had a very spongy, soft pedal and I'm almost positive I've been stopping this coach with only the front brake...

rgnprof by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Reupholster couch or replace?

2002 couch is now splitting in several places on seating area. Are there places that sell new couches and/or upholster these RV couches? Couch is comfortable but if a newer one may be a better upgrade might be willing to spend the extra $$ for an upg...

Where to Advertise RV for sale.

We recently purchased a home in Massachusetts where the kids live so we are going to just drive or fly there in the spring and not do the RV'ing for a while. Gonna put the Journey up for sale.For those who sold their RV themselves . . . Where did you...