23 REPLIES 23

Explorer
Explorer
SDcampowneroperator wrote:
352 wrote:
cruiserjs wrote:
352 wrote:
Save your money, dig a hole.

NEVER dig a hole! Ruin the site for future campers!! Any cg operator/owner that I have run into would kick you right out and then proceed to sue you!!

Fill the hole when done!!!!!!!!
altering anothers property without permission is a criminal act. That includes cutting firewood, wiener sticks, digging holes, and more on all other persons land including gov't.
The addage 'leave it as you found it' is inadequate today. Consider that you are on anothers property, treat it as such.
And yes, I have had issues with hole diggers, wood cutters. Please respect our public and private lands as if they were your own. The public lands ARE yours.

Fill the hole when done. That is leaving it as you found it. Fill the hole
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

Explorer
Explorer
352 wrote:
TyroneandGladys wrote:
We are not nuts about leveling close is good enough but when we do need to level we love these and have had several other campers get jealous on how easy they are to use. Anderson Levelers

If you don't mind paying for convenience that is the way to go. One $3 treated 2x4 and several saw cuts and 5 minutes of my time I can have the same thing for $3. Sometimes money is smarter than the rest.

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
352 wrote:
cruiserjs wrote:
352 wrote:

NEVER dig a hole! Ruin the site for future campers!! Any cg operator/owner that I have run into would kick you right out and then proceed to sue you!!

altering anothers property without permission is a criminal act. That includes cutting firewood, wiener sticks, digging holes, and more on all other persons land including gov't.
The addage 'leave it as you found it' is inadequate today. Consider that you are on anothers property, treat it as such.
And yes, I have had issues with hole diggers, wood cutters. Please respect our public and private lands as if they were your own. The public lands ARE yours.

Explorer
Explorer
TyroneandGladys wrote:
We are not nuts about leveling close is good enough but when we do need to level we love these and have had several other campers get jealous on how easy they are to use. Anderson Levelers

If you don't mind paying for convenience that is the way to go. One $3 treated 2x4 and several saw cuts and 5 minutes of my time I can have the same thing for $3. Sometimes money is smarter than the rest.

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

Explorer
Explorer
cruiserjs wrote:
352 wrote:

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
352 wrote:

Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse

Healeyman
Explorer
Explorer
Jerseydevil wrote:
What do you use to get level? Pics would be helpful.

Here ya go.

Tim

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
I usually use the lego type as they are so handy and easy to store.Combined with a shovel,they usually get the job done even in the more unlevel spots.I also carry several 2X6 boards cut to length when I take the ATV trailer to use as needed.

Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
2x10 boards. ๐Ÿ™‚
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
1- Push Auto Level
2- open beer
3- goto 2

:B

The one thing on my bucket list I never got around to having. Envious!

OP: First of all the orange honey comb levelers will crack all up if you use them on sand. Go figure. After buying 3 sets of those I switched to the solid yellow ones.

THEN when I became a snowbird and sat for awhile in one spot. I got smart and bought these. Lite weight and works for all conditions. Especially those real tough ones where you need a lot of height.

And as previous poster stated, They now sell these which are real good also. Better than the blocks.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
1- Push Auto Level
2- open beer
3- goto 2
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Class C MHs built on truck chassis' are by design low on the front. Sites can be perfectly level, but a 'C' will need lift on the front.
A few pieces of lumber will help any unit get level.
Experienced campsite designers recognise that level side to side is most important, that front to rear is best a little low rear for 'C's, that 'A' s do not want to raise their door steps, that TTs and 5ers are more stable with the tongue lower.
Drainage is also key to not flat sites. Noone wants a puddle after rain.

Explorer
Explorer