cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of the road!

beave
Explorer
Explorer
So long, good by, it's been good to know you!

After about 20 years of RVing we are moving on to other modes of travel. It's been a great 20 years, years that haven taken us through all of the lower continental states, most of Canada and northern Mexico numerous times. Priorities change over time, so its time pursue other interests.

Yesterday we drove the old girl down to a Texas PPL RV consignment lot and said our good by's. Our '97 Beaver Monterey was a good rig, and in all those years and miles we encountered only one mechanical problem that required a tow, a failed injector.

So a big thank you to all you have provided help with my various projects and problems, and all that I learned from your experiences. Most recently you all helped with a rear ride height valve replacement. The correct ride height made a world of difference, smooth and quiet.

I'll keep browsing RV Net, I won,t have any problems, but perhaps I may be able to offer a few suggestions.

So again, good by and happy travels!
20 REPLIES 20

shaneperch
Explorer
Explorer
Keep the motorhome for a mancave. you can always drive it when you want or enjoy it by using it at the house. When I had friends live with me and my parents move in with me (long story) I was so thankful for my 40 foot Flxible. I haave a stereo in it and all that. Get away from all the people. I think you should keep that RV. My opinion.

shaneperch
Explorer
Explorer
Keep the motorhome for a mancave. you can always drive it when you want or enjoy it by using it at the house. When I had friends live with me and my parents move in with me (long story) I was so thankful for my 40 foot Flxible. I haave a stereo in it and all that. Get away from all the people. I think you should keep that RV. My opinion.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Y'all have a wonderful time in your new pursuit of happiness. I know you've enjoyed the good life traveling this wonderful country of ours. Be safe....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
The beauty of life and enjoying it in this country is, that it is somewhat easy to change lifestyle activities and enjoy new adventures. Our RV experiences have been blended with such things as Harley riding and many great days on the big lakes fishing and chartering. So whatever is next I hope you look back in fond memories of you RV experience. Best of luck and God bless.
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)

ATOMICPUNK
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your next adventure!
Big Pig Racing
2012 Allegro Red 38QBA

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Wishing you safe new adventures!

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

dennisgt60
Explorer
Explorer
You all take care.
2012 F-250 XLT, 6.2L, 4x4, CC, Standard Bed, 10,000lb. GVWR, 3.73 Axle.
Truck CAT Wt. 7,120 lbs.
Stated payload max. 2,881 lbs.
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8282ws.

shaneperch
Explorer
Explorer
I am sorry that you are quitting, I hope you come back.

cwdavis
Explorer
Explorer
It's been good, beave,
We always enjoyed hearing about your Monterey,
sort of a cousin to us'ins!

Fair winds, happy trails,,,,,,
Bill & Ann Davis
1995 36' CC Intrigue
WHTAL!FE

wtravlr1
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy!

bigdog2
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck in whatever you do. We have been wintering in Mexico for the last 10 years. Sometimes I think we may have a few more years. When the time comes to sit on the porch, that is what we will do.
LOW net worth.........HIGH quality of life
Dudley is at the rainbow bridge
Sonney,old ,retired Roadway driver.
Donna, too young to retire, she quit.

2006 GBM Pursuit 3500 DS
2014 ram toad- toad's toad VW powered buggy

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your new life!
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

polar76
Explorer
Explorer
Beave
I always enjoyed your post and you were a big influence on me when we bought our coach. As you stood up for the shorter pushers. I look for a Monetary or Safari for months and couldn't find one to suite my budget wants and needs, but we did go with a 32' Allure.

Just wanted to say thanks for your input and we will miss you. 🙂
1997 32' Country Coach Allure
2014 Jeep Sahara

:C

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
So long. Happy Trails.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi