cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Portable air compressors?

armyhockeynut
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for recomendations for a portable air compressor that I can use to on motorhome tires?
David - Manassas,VA

USA(RET)27+ yrs, Now a DOD Civ Bus Operator๐Ÿ™‚

17 Thor Hurricane 35M:B

GS Chapter President(2002-4/2010-pres)
VA State Staff(2006-09)
Good Sam Club Life Member

29 REPLIES 29

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
You guys keep throwing people into the Open Roads threads and they aren't signed in anymore. It's hard to unwind out of there if you don't realize it happened. Stop it

That wasn't a real comprehensive thread anyway, I think we can do better here!

WTH are you even talking about??
the guy gave a simple easy to open link for air compressors
so what? it works fine easy to open and close? no different Than any other link out there
if you don't know how to open link without losing your current link click on shift at the time u open other link;; its not rocket science here now

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Years ago I was steered to Sears. They have a Crafstman, I think it is a six gallon "Pancake" style that does 150 PSI... Mine is 12 years old and I'll use it later today.. Still works. (Car tire has slow leak) If the tires on the MH are low it can take multiple tanks but it will do the job.

it also can remove lug nuts (air owered impact wrench) Slice metal (air chisil) pick up the motor home (Air/hydraulic jack 12 tons from harbor Freight) Spray Paint and more.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mile High wrote:
You guys keep throwing people into the Open Roads threads and they aren't signed in anymore.
That must mean you. You're signing out?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

edd210
Explorer
Explorer
For as much as I use it at the trailer, I bought one the cheapest pancake compressors from Harbor Freight and a gauge hose
TireTek TXL-Pro Heavy Duty Tire Pressure Inflator Gauge with Lock On Chuck from Amazon. It works great and is lightweight. I also always keep a blow gun with me for cleaning. I have a pickup with a hard tonneau cover so when plugging in the compressor I keep it in the truck to keep the noise at a minimum.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Compressor thread
You guys keep throwing people into the Open Roads threads and they aren't signed in anymore. It's hard to unwind out of there if you don't realize it happened. Stop it ๐Ÿ™‚

That wasn't a real comprehensive thread anyway, I think we can do better here!

2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
Compressor thread

+1
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Compressor thread
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
DeWalt pancake 165psi works great, sold my ViAir; too **** slow

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
5thwheeleroldman wrote:
Get a CO2 bottle.

I have a Powertank. It will give me 250 psi with no power.
Larry

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a Porter Cable and it has served me well so far but if you look at the reviews at Home Depot the Ridgid brand seems to come out much better.

Does "portable" include the one attached to my Cummins diesel for working the air brakes? That one works great for me, at least while in the motorhome.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm very fond of my Fini AirBoss compressor. It's more compact than the pancake compressors and reasonably powerful and comparatively quiet (which is to say still loud, just not quite as extremely loud). The cutoff pressure is 135 psi, so it might be slow going for some of the larger tires. It works very nicely indeed for 80 psi tires.

The attached inflator hose is not very good; It's much more effective to use the separate standard air hose (included) and a normal tire chuck (not included) and ignore the little attached hose.

Sears sells the same thing under their own brand for somewhat more money.

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
I have a pancake that I will keep in the basement. It works on my air suspension as well
She may be old but she is paid for (the rig that is)

ThomBoles
Explorer
Explorer
I have this one. Itโ€™s really nicely put together but itโ€™s not cheap. Viair 40047 400P-RV Automatic Portable Compressor Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004B68XGC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Iy06zbBVC5TQ7
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K

5thwheeleroldma
Explorer
Explorer
Get a CO2 bottle.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Porter Cable pancake compressors have been recommended in previous threads on the subject.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox