cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Parks with 10 Years Old requirement

superrayzor
Explorer
Explorer
I am thinking of buying a used motorhome, something like a 2008 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA Diesel, and refinishing the interior (just materials) as well as possibly a new exterior paint job (similar to this http://www.xtremegraphics.net/ourwork/fullpaint/?action=view&PID=144 )

I have been to many parks in my current motorhome and they ask what year the RV is. I am assuming that there is no way for them to actually check, but a lot of them have a 10 year old or newer requirement. I understand the reasoning, but I don't want to purchase something that is already 9 years old and not be able to go some places due to the age.

What are your thoughts? Do it and lie if asked? Obviously I would avoid giving these places my business, but sometimes I have found that it is tough if they have availability and noone else does, or they are closest to where I want to be.
39 REPLIES 39

Kidoo
Explorer
Explorer
If they ask to see it, it's already too late for me, I move. No time to loose with stupid RV park owner.
Monaco Cayman 34 2003, Cummins 300HP
Bigfoot 2008, 10.4, F350, 2006, Diesel 6.0, Black, 4x4, long box, Air lift, Rancho 9000, Rear sway bar.

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
mowermech wrote:
AllegroD wrote:
Do not lie. If asked tell them. If a problem, take your money else where.

Exactly! If THEY have a problem with my RV, it is THEIR problem. I will not allow them to make it MY problem.
I am on wheels. I am quite capable of taking my unacceptable RV (and my money) on down the road, thus eliminating any problems.
For that matter, the same goes for ANYTHING "they" deem unacceptable: Number of pets (yes, I have had that happen); firearms (again, yes); or anything else "they" choose to forbid.
Their RV park, they make the rules. If I don't like their rules, I am more than glad to assist them in enforcing their rules by NOT staying there!

Why don't you tell us how you really feel? :h

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
I think many of the 10 year parks do this for their own protection and if you come in with a 20 year old coach and it is in new looking condition they would make an exception.
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
AllegroD wrote:

Exactly! If THEY have a problem with my RV, it is THEIR problem. I will not allow them to make it MY problem.
I am on wheels. I am quite capable of taking my unacceptable RV (and my money) on down the road, thus eliminating any problems.
For that matter, the same goes for ANYTHING "they" deem unacceptable: Number of pets (yes, I have had that happen); firearms (again, yes); or anything else "they" choose to forbid.
Their RV park, they make the rules. If I don't like their rules, I am more than glad to assist them in enforcing their rules by NOT staying there!
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:
Mike Brez, beautiful coach!

MM.

Thanks MM she is old but she's all mine lol. Everything works and costs next to nothing to maintain.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
We stay in these parks all the time. Truth be told, we seek them out. However, I've yet to find one who enforced this policy to the letter, and we have stayed at some very high end Class A-only places. BTW, our coach's age is non-conforming.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Mike Brez, beautiful coach!

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
Bigdog wrote:
tropical36 wrote:
Captain_Happy wrote:
I was only asked once, and that was the "OASIS RV PARK" in Las Vegas. Never stayed there again.

Don't even remember the check in, but stayed at the OASIS for a week, some years back in our 98 Tropical. We've never been turned away from anywhere and the closest was when calling ahead and they said to come on in, if we wanted and as long as our coach looked good, we'd be welcome. Somewhere around Destin, FL, I think and after hearing the price, we chose to go on down the road a little further west.

Have also stayed at the Oasis RV Resort several times and the last time we were 14 years old. Only time we've been turned down was at an rv park in Newport Or.
Shucks, a few years ago we had a rally at the Oasis RV of FMC coaches and we are ALL 40 plus years old! I have been asked the make and year of the coach when checking in but have never had an issue.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
tropical36 wrote:
Captain_Happy wrote:
I was only asked once, and that was the "OASIS RV PARK" in Las Vegas. Never stayed there again.

Don't even remember the check in, but stayed at the OASIS for a week, some years back in our 98 Tropical. We've never been turned away from anywhere and the closest was when calling ahead and they said to come on in, if we wanted and as long as our coach looked good, we'd be welcome. Somewhere around Destin, FL, I think and after hearing the price, we chose to go on down the road a little further west.

Have also stayed at the Oasis RV Resort several times and the last time we were 14 years old. Only time we've been turned down was at an rv park in Newport Or.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been in many parks with a 10 year limit in my 1988 Prevost. We just make up a year. Who knows? If the coach looks good no one is going to question it. It it's on its last legs, and looks like it, they might ask you for documentation. Most parks "10-year rule" has a disclaimer that says coaches over 10 years old will be allowed after inspection (or similar). The most recent park we visited they asked what year it was after they asked what kind of coach. Before we had time to make up a year the other person behind the desk said "we don't ask what year it is if it's a Prevost".
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I'm getting worried about the 20 year rule that is 5 months away for us. :E

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
doc brown wrote:
My coach is a 2004, I've been asked many times the year of my coach. If I did not make a reservation and just showed up they are looking at it, never a problem because it looks new. A few places where I called to make a reservation to a "snooty" park they ask me to send a pic. Again, no problem. Bottom line, I've never been turned away.

Yep, same here and I have no problem with that. All you have to do is keep the MH looking good. I keep several pics on my computer just in case someone asks for them.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like driving past those places in my Toyota RV. Wave hi as we pass.

Most don't ask unless you are in something very obviously old. I think actually it's snobby. I'd understand "no living here" rules or "1 week limits", but coach age.... If it's that bad I'd pass even if I had a newer coach.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.