cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire pressure monitoring systems

joema62
Explorer
Explorer
I have reviewed 4 different tire pressure monitoring systems for our Class A RV. These include Pressure Pro, Doran Tire Pressure, Tire Stat, and Tire Sentry. I am totally confused. Has anyone had experience with any of these or can you recommend one I haven't found. I would appreciate any feedback
33 REPLIES 33

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I used handheld calibrated pressure gauge for years, but it didn't tell me anything about my tires when I was rolling down the road at 60 mph. Also I got tired of going out in the chilly rain to check the tires so I sometimes"assumed"turret were fine on those days. Went be without my Tire Trakers or equivalent again.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

the_silverback
Explorer
Explorer
Haveing read the above comments I will stay with my hand held tire pressure gauge. However, be sure to get a good one. Not a $9.99 special. I am luckly that I can have mine checked at least once a year at lab that is tracable to the national standards.
the silverback
2015 crossroads Rushmore 5th wheel

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
We've had our tst507 for 3 years with zero problems. I had trouble with one sensor on install, they sent me a new one no questions asked.turned out to be operator error.

This spring I had a few low battery warnings so replaced all the batteries.

It paid for itself warning me of a bad tire the second season, I'd never leave home without it.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

deluco
Explorer
Explorer
joema62 wrote:
I have reviewed 4 different tire pressure monitoring systems for our Class A RV. These include Pressure Pro, Doran Tire Pressure, Tire Stat, and Tire Sentry. I am totally confused. Has anyone had experience with any of these or can you recommend one I haven't found. I would appreciate any feedback

I just purchased and installed the Tire Minder...
Tire Minder
So far it is very easy to install and works very well. I like that the transmitters have replaceable batteries. The first system I purchased had three of the six transmitters go bad after two years and you have to purchase them in pairs at $50 each. I ended up throwing it away. That was the TST Tire Pressure Monitor System..I don't recommend it...
TST TPMS
It would often take a very long time for the receiver to display the information on tires...also one transmitter went bad within a year..replaced under warranty. Then after another couple of years three went bad. That's when I trashed the system.

The Tire Minder kit I purchased comes with six transmitters AND an amplifier if you need it. I didn't need the amplifier. It reads the transmitter information immediately, although several of the pressures are off by a couple of pounds, it's within tolerances because it won't warn you 'til you are under by 10% less than the original pressure. Also has a warning when the pressure drops quickly (flat or blowout).
Jim DeLuco
Hudson, Ma.
jim@delucophoto.com
www.delucophoto.com

2010 Damon Daybreak Class A

Sooboy
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
I recently purchased and installed a TST 507RV TPMS. First trip of about 2,000 miles and I am very pleased with it.

Just bought mine this spring and have used it only on a number of shorter trips (the long trip is in August). It works perfectly - very happy with it.
2012 Jayco Embark TB390
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar
2009 Honda CRV (mini toad)
2014 Ford F-150 4x4 (monster toad)
FMCA #F413428

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
aeejbe wrote:
joema62 wrote:

IF the OP wants to consider a system NOT cussed & discussed already, &
IF anybody wants to consider a system NOT comparably priced... ...
Then my vote is for the system linked below.
Since we're all out on the road, & running with 'the big dogs', consider what THEY use!
I have, & I'm very happy.

http://www.valortpms.com/rvtrailer.php

My major question is what do you do about the toad. Our toad already has factory installed internal pressure sendors as do most all newer vehicles. Can two internal sendors be installed on the same tire???? Monitoring toad tire pressure is as important as coach tire pressure. Our toad's "one inside, one outside" sendor works just fine.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

aeejbe
Explorer II
Explorer II
joema62 wrote:

IF the OP wants to consider a system NOT cussed & discussed already, &
IF anybody wants to consider a system NOT comparably priced... ...
Then my vote is for the system linked below.
Since we're all out on the road, & running with 'the big dogs', consider what THEY use!
I have, & I'm very happy.

http://www.valortpms.com/rvtrailer.php

MarcW
Explorer
Explorer
Another TST 507 user..... I've had this TPMS for a little over two years and about 18,000 miles now and have never had a problem. The changeble batts lasted two years (had low batt indicators showing but still working) and I just replaced all of them myself. Very easy and it was back up and running without doing anything other than putting a new battery in each of the sensors.
The monitor is compact and easy to read and I like that it shows the temp and pressure on each tire as it cycles thru. I've learned what to expect as far as the normal increase in those as it goes down the road and even see and monitor the unexpected increase in temps on the front tires on down hill grades when using the brakes. They get 8 stars from me (1 for easch of my tires)
2007 Monaco Dynasty Emperor IV
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

twmw1126
Explorer
Explorer
I have the TST510. Two of my sensors have gone bad. Have to mail them back and then they will send me new ones. Kind of a pain. Why can't they send and I send my bad ones at the same time? Oh well eventually I will switch to tiremender. I have only had for 16 months. Says batteries are good for 5 to 7 years. Yeah right. Just hope the other four don't go out the same time. But, then again if they do might be time to purchase another brand.
Mickey & Teri
2012 Damon Challenger 37KT
2007 Jeep Liberty with blueox tow bar

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting good/bad on the same systems.

I have had PressurePro for 3 years and zero problems.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

jbuening
Explorer
Explorer
I've had Pressure Pro system for about 8 years with great results.
Jack Buening
Jack Buening
Jacksonville, FL

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
powderman426 wrote:
Though not on a MH, I have the Tiretraker and pleased. I can't recall anyone saying anything bad about any of them, and the worst one has to be better than none. JMO

X2
I had TST510 and when the batteries started dying, I decided to switch to Tire Tracker. It is considerably less expensive than the TST, the senders are smaller and easier to install, it gives the same information, and the batteries are user-changeable. In addition, I have found the customer service to be extraordinary. JMHO
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I have the TireMinder Pro system for the 6 coach tires and the 4 toad tires. I received two bad sensors but the customer service was great and they sent me two new ones without any questions. They also are very helpful if I have questions. It has alarmed once but it was because we did not have the pressure set correctly. We check the tires visually each time we stop but the system provides great peace of mind. I recommend the TireMinder from Minder research.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

steveownby
Explorer
Explorer
joema62 wrote:

I purchased my PP system in 2003 with 10 sensors for my coach and toad. In '06 I purchased the tag axle coach that I still full time in and bought 2 more sensors. With the longer coach I added the up graded antenna and mounted it under the coach just behind the steer axle. In '08 it saved me from a probable blowout by warning me of low pressure caused by an on the road tire puncture.

In '10 I exchanged all sensors although they were all functional due to an up coming cross country trip. At the same time I traded in my original display unit for the latest upgrade for $100.

In '12 some of the sensors developed slow leaks and I replaced the O rings with a new design. That fixed the leaks.

Very long story not so short, over a ten year period the system has performed it's function very well. Given the cost of tires and the even greater cost of a blowout, I consider it cheap insurance. I would not start a trip without it.
Steve Ownby
2003 Monaco Signature

Full-time since 2007

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I recently purchased and installed a TST 507RV TPMS. First trip of about 2,000 miles and I am very pleased with it.