cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TPMS system recommendation

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to buy a TPMS system for our coach. Any recommendations people can offer in terms of systems available and the +/- of each?
Thanks to all who share their knowledge.
24 REPLIES 24

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
Eez for me too!

Great customer service....

Link
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
GTN_and_Catz wrote:
TireTraker TPMS.

Have had it for 18 months and very pleased with it.

I opted for the 10 wheel version (6 for the MH, 2 for the tow dolly, 2 for the toad rear wheels or 4 for the toad if not using the tow dolly).

$437 total cost with some extra "O" rings and batteries.
No need to use a repeater or additional antenna.
Batteries are replaceable by the user.

I have the Tire Tracker on my short list.

Where did you get the 10 sensor unit with extra batteries and O-Rings for $437 total?

Thanks!
2023 GMC, 3500HD, Crew Cab, 6.6L Gas/6 Speed Auto, 4X4, Standard Bed; SRW
2011 Outback 250RS - Anniversary Edition
Equal-i-zer 10K

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
96Bounder30E wrote:
Last year my TST 507 system saved me from a loose valve stem while rolling down the road...... System paid for itself that day!

Same thing happened for me. My TST showed a tire with a slow leak during a 500 mile round trip. A visit to the tire shop and all was corrected.

Before last week's trip, I had a TST sensor leaking air. The tiny o-ring was mangled. I used the monitor to check the tire PSI before the trip and the right front had dropped 26 PSI.

I used one of my spare sensors. I have contacted TST for a replacement.

marc515
Explorer
Explorer
Great insight guys.

So far I'm leaning towards the Tiretraker TT-500; especially since they offer a lifetime warranty
m
Best Regards,....marc & joan

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just installed EEZ today. We'll see. I'm going to email the company about all the grammar and spelling problems in the manual. Sheesh.. you'd think they'd pay attention to that stuff.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Had a TST 510 system on our previous coach for about 5 years until the sensor batteries started failing. When I called TST to order replacements, they offered me a "could not refuse" deal on the newer 507 system with user replaceable batteries. The 507 with non-flow through sensors worked well for us on our previous 33' coach as well as on our current 34' coach until I added some new electronics that interfered with the signal from our toad rear tires. To overcome that, I added the TST repeater and have been a happy camper again ever since. The batteries cost less than $1 apiece, so I change them annually instead of waiting for them to fail.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Tireminder with 8 sensors and 4 on the towed vehicle that are designed for a towed vehicle (extra range?) and the booster installed right on the back engine cover. Free batteries yes, but I seem to continuously find myself replacing batteries, and now I have 1 sensor that seems to have failed. Kind of frustrating but I'll give it another go next spring with all new batteries.

Cute story, our coach already had a tireminder and the Dealer said it didn't work so I bought a new one. The old one actually did work (don't get me started on CW) so I gave it to my daughter for use on her 5th wheel. Sure enough, she started getting low pressure and blamed my Tireminder I gave her because her tires have never had an issue before. Turns out she was mostly right ๐Ÿ™‚ The tireminder transmitters actually caused 2 of her loose metal valve stems to leak because of centrifugal force down the road. The ultimate problem was loose valve stems so the Tireminder was actually doing its job. Tightened the stems and good ever since.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

GTN_and_Catz
Explorer
Explorer
TireTraker TPMS.

Have had it for 18 months and very pleased with it.

I opted for the 10 wheel version (6 for the MH, 2 for the tow dolly, 2 for the toad rear wheels or 4 for the toad if not using the tow dolly).

$437 total cost with some extra "O" rings and batteries.
No need to use a repeater or additional antenna.
Batteries are replaceable by the user.
Gene
2003 36' Rexhall RexAir
2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Demco Kar Kaddy SS
Blue Ox Aventa II
2 Ragdolls
1 Tabby

drwwicks
Explorer
Explorer
I got the EEztire with sensors for the toad and a repeater. I may have not needed the repeater but got it all the same time and everything worked fine. I didn't like the small monitor of the TST but figure they all work about the same. Important thing is to have one.
2007 Itasca Horizon 40FD
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2015 Harley Davidson FLHTKL

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
Two Jayhawks wrote:
TST 507 non flow through sensors. I have been pleased with the system.

Same here. Also, no repeater required.
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 locker, 3,295 Payload
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 7.8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH

cmeade
Explorer
Explorer
Two Jayhawks wrote:
. Very happy with TST 507 and it is over a year now. 39 ft fiver and no repeater needed. Bought the repeater but did not install it.

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Had TST for five seasons. Works great, don't need a repeater (which I did need with Pressure Pro), easy to change batteries (with a #000 screwdriver).

grampscamper
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Tire Minder system. I've had a number of problems with mine. Tech support at Tire Minder was very good during the warranty period. They replaced my unit but I continue to have problems. I now get no signal warnings. I know my repeater works and the sensors have new batteries.
I sent them an email a couple of months ago but didn't hear anything. I just sent them an email again. We'll see if they respond.
At this point I stopped using it because it has been so unreliable.
Edit: They did respond to my email. They offered to work with me to solve issues.
2019 Grand Design Reflection 230RL
2020 Ford F250 Lariat CC SB 4X4 6.7 B&W Companion RVK3300