cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When your in a park that won't let you wash

bob_b
Explorer
Explorer
What tricks do you use to keep it clean. I see some guys using a long handle mop device with a changeable pad and some chemical. I know not to do this when it's really dirty but how about just to keep it looking good? Any ideas out there? Bob
bob b
49 REPLIES 49

deeange
Explorer
Explorer
they do have waterless products i don't recall the name of them has anyone use them and what brand, thanks!

2003 airstream land yacht

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Simple....if the RV park has rules that say I can't wash, I don't.
My coach can always wait until I get to a place that I can wash it or I stop at a DIY car wash that has a high truck bay.

Valkyriebush
Explorer
Explorer
The last placed I stayed charged 10 bucks to wash at your space. I've done that, the rain thing, bucket too, only when I've been traveling in rain and the lower portion of the RV is a mess do I concern myself about it. Mostly I wait to get home and have it washed and hand waxed by a service in Yuma twice a year, when I get home and before leaving again.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

carp65
Explorer
Explorer
We use "Wash and Wax" available at any RV store. Brush on and wipe off with a
towel. Uses only a dishpan of water!

haydoracin
Explorer
Explorer
Bucket and sponge for bugs on the front and wheels. California Duster for the rest if it is not too dirty.
Hayden & Jan
1994 Southwind 33L P-Chassis 454
2006 Chevrolet HHR
OTY (Mini Dachsund)

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
I was at a snowbird park where the rules stated one could not wash the rig. HOWEVER....they had a guy who would do it for you for $30. Another 10 for the roof (optional).
"Official" reason was "water conservation". OK....a good $40 spent. And...a good job, too!

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
viajante wrote:
smlranger wrote:
Wash-Wax All is a great system. I've used it many times and the coach looks new. I use it in all cases except when the coach is covered with mud or otherwise heavily soiled. The system comes with an adjustable handle and micro fiber mop heads. It was developed to clean aircraft. It works.

http://washwax.com/

X2 Absolutely love this stuff. The best cleaning product I have ever found.

Damages clear coat paint. Does nothing but add swirl marks. Impossible to use correctly on a motorhome unless you're going up an down a ladder. You'll end up hiring someone to correct the paint when you see all the swirls in the sun.

If that was my only choice, I'd leave it dirty. In fact I'd never use that stuff at all. If used correctly, then it has limited usage to only slightly dusty as that's what it's designed for.

I've talked to people who loved this method and when i looked at their coach the paint is just swirled all over, then they ask me how much would I charge to fix their paint. Not enough money.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Camps choose different reasons for wash / no wash rules. Please inquire,
and understand the camp rules.

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
smlranger wrote:
Wash-Wax All is a great system. I've used it many times and the coach looks new. I use it in all cases except when the coach is covered with mud or otherwise heavily soiled. The system comes with an adjustable handle and micro fiber mop heads. It was developed to clean aircraft. It works.

X2 Absolutely love this stuff. The best cleaning product I have ever found.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
I find a car wash on the road to pull into and wash. If it is raining when I stop I have gotten out m long handle soft brush and put a little detergent on it and I go out and wash. The rain rinses. I do this only when it is warmish out
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Blue Beacon
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
If the coach is just dusty, I use a dry wash called The Solution. Preserves your paint with the UV protection additive.

You can get it through the internet.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
I just don't wash it.
I wait until I get it home, then wash it.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

gemert
Explorer
Explorer
Wash Wax All is great. UV protection also.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X04JRMU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00
Jerry
Chief USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder C-12 505HP
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer

2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA