cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winnebago recommendations.

PT-RVr
Explorer
Explorer
Well after three seasons of pain and suffering it is time to dump the Forest River sinseeker. I an effort to keep from getting stuck with another piece of garbage, and a less than "helpful" manufacturing company (forgive me...trying to choose words sensitively correct)..we are seeking some feedback. This past week we went to the local RV show looking to maybe move to a Class A. Kind of like some of the Winnebago products (fitting our price range). We liked the Adventurer 32H and also were interested in the Itasca 34T Solei, like the diesel idea in the latter. They both seem to be built nice, but hard to tell these days. Any thoughts from Winnebago owners...thoughts on quality, and most important the integrity of the company? Would you buy another Winnebago product if you had it to do over again? We just don't want to get "stuck" again by a Forest River type company. Thanks for your thoughts.
Part-Time-RVr
1 Wonderfully Fantastic Wife
2 Really Great Kids
2 Crazy Black & Tan Cocker Spaniels
2011 Sunseeker 2860DS 6.8L Triton V-10
2012 Jeep Wrangler
30 REPLIES 30

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I've been RVing since 1976 and I'm on my third Winnebago!

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Very happy with my Winnebago Adventurer and I would consider another one when I'm ready to change. My dealer was horrible, the sales price was ok, the sale went ok, but I had to have an attorney intervene to get the promised upgrades. That said, I went to different Winnebago authorized dealers during the warranty period without a single issue of "not purchased here", and when I wanted to change the TV my e-mail to Winnebago was answered with a prompt phone call and my questions were professionally answered.

BlueMaxOhio
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you Google "Winnebago Windshield Rust" and read all the articles. It would have been nice if someone would have taken ownership of this problems some time ago so that you don't have to shell out large volumes of dollars to fix a design flaw. Overall not a bad product, but if I were buying a new one, I would take the windshield molding off and make sure everything is sealed properly. Wish I had known then what I know now!
DAN :C
2007 Winnebago Sightseer 29R
2012 Jeep Liberty Toad
I love waking up in the morning and not going to work,
so I do it 2 to 3 times a day. :B

Hikerdogs
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 Winnebago Adventurer 32H also. It's our second Adventurer. The first one, a 2001 model 32V went over 100,000 miles with very few problems. The second owner plans to put on at least another 100,000 before retiring it.

We already have over 11,000 miles on our 2013 and again very few problems. It's been back to the factory once for some warranty work. Over all I'm impressed with the Winnebago quality.
Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

CK_BK
Explorer
Explorer
We are now on our 4th Winnebago, Itasca actually, and could not be happier. The fit,finish, and quality of workmanship put into these rigs is great. You can't go wrong with a Winnebago product.
Enjoy the journey...

'14 Itasca 27N
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Pugs: Kelly & Bambee

Explorer
Explorer
As to the OP's question, I have been very impressed with the features and quality that I've found in our "old" Winny product.

See my post on http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27530887/gotomsg/27532467.cfm#27532467 for info on repairs/maintenance.

Most impressive has been my ability to get repair parts for a 10+ year old MH. I've needed body parts (oops, do happen), and they were in stock---------at reasonable prices.
Mark

2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U on a Ford chassis, 80,000 miles
2003 Ford Explorer toad with Ready Brake supplemental brakes,
Ready Brute tow bar, and Demco base plate.

Explorer
Explorer
aerbus32 wrote:
We had two other great motorhomes by other manufacturers. Went with a 2012 37f Adventurer expecting a quality product. Not ours. First issue is the horrible plunger design of the bed. After La Mesa RV in the San Diego area butchered it, I fixed it myself. Horrible design. We had issues with the locks on the 2 big slides. When I called Winnebago directly, the first question I was asked was whether I had an extended warranty. The coach was less than a month old! Then I was told to smack the control unit gently with a rubber mallet! Once again La Mesa dropped the ball. Camping World in a Bakersfield successfully replaced a number of the components. Then there is how it handles in the wind. Horribly. The installation of every possible after market suspension product by a very reputable outfit in a Redlands, California suggests that, at least with this particular coach, Winnebago dropped the ball. We are currently looking at a Tiffin Phaeton.

A 37' gasser can be a handful in a crosswind. However, our 35' got a lot better once I had the front caster set at around 4-1/2 degrees.

We drove ours across Wyoming and Nebraska with 30 mph cross winds this fall. It kept me alert, but quite controllable.
Mark

2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U on a Ford chassis, 80,000 miles
2003 Ford Explorer toad with Ready Brake supplemental brakes,
Ready Brute tow bar, and Demco base plate.

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to check out the Newmar gassers...Newmar makes a decent product and has great support..Between Winne/Itasca,Tiffin and Newmar, that should be the short list.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

aerbus32
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had two other great motorhomes by other manufacturers. Went with a 2012 37f Adventurer expecting a quality product. Not ours. First issue is the horrible plunger design of the bed. After La Mesa RV in the San Diego area butchered it, I fixed it myself. Horrible design. We had issues with the locks on the 2 big slides. When I called Winnebago directly, the first question I was asked was whether I had an extended warranty. The coach was less than a month old! Then I was told to smack the control unit gently with a rubber mallet! Once again La Mesa dropped the ball. Camping World in a Bakersfield successfully replaced a number of the components. Then there is how it handles in the wind. Horribly. The installation of every possible after market suspension product by a very reputable outfit in a Redlands, California suggests that, at least with this particular coach, Winnebago dropped the ball. We are currently looking at a Tiffin Phaeton.

nehi
Explorer
Explorer
Have a Winnebago journey 2001 since new. Rusty front windshield frame main problem. Replaced windshield couple of times and rust repair. Big repair when lift pump failed on engine and took injectors out. $4000.00. I spend $ 1000. To 2000 year on tires and repairs.

hurricane0226
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, we have the Itasca Sunstar 35B. It is a year old now, but no problems at all, just added Sat tv system. Grand kids love the bunk beds, and wife likes the two bathrooms.
FCC(SW) USN Retired
Florida.

dezolen
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure to look into Tiffin gas coaches as well. You will be surprised at after warrantee "SERVICE". They stand behind their products well after the year is up.

PT-RVr
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you so very much you all for your feedback! Great to see that there is a company out there with integrity! This gets us started, still need to do more homework. I sure wish I would have looked more into the customer service and company integrity (hey Warren your company needs help) before I invested in my Forest River POJ. We wish the 34T was a bit shorter, really like the idea of going diesel. Well thanks again.
Part-Time-RVr
1 Wonderfully Fantastic Wife
2 Really Great Kids
2 Crazy Black & Tan Cocker Spaniels
2011 Sunseeker 2860DS 6.8L Triton V-10
2012 Jeep Wrangler

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Dadio24 wrote:
I have a 32H (Itasca) and love it. We wanted a gasser for the speed and flexibility for getting around in all the National Parks. We tow a Jeep Wrangler and have never had an issue. Not for sure if we will ever go bigger. The layout works very well for our family.

Our 32' Itasca Horizon DP out turns the 30' (29'10") class A Gasser we used to have. It's a few inches though.

OP: Love our 13 year old Itasca.