cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dish or direct tv?

rvtommy
Explorer
Explorer
The home phone and tv and internet going up!!! What are the choices and what prices are you all paying ?? What is the cheapest and best for the buck you have found?? thanks rvtommy
this is rvtommy
25 REPLIES 25

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe in Ohio you might be able to get internet for 15 dollars a month, but around here it starts at 25 and goes up from there.

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
If you need internet to get magic jack and you need a phone line to get the internet how does that come out to $20.00 a year?
We have had directv for years and the price is over $100 a month with out HD. I got dish for the TT and it is about 1/2 that. We watch most everything at home on the net with a smart TV or with an antenna and directv will soon be gone.

I am assuming that unless you're living under a rock that you already have an internet connection. Even if you didn't have internet, you can get a minimal connection for $14.99 a month plus the $1.50 for magic Jack and still be ahead. BTW just how do you get on the forums without internet?
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
DTV customer with DNS (add $20/month) and my bill is just over $100/month with no premium services.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
powderman426 wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
Home phone connect thru either ATT or Verizon at 20 dollars a month.

That's crazy. Magic Jack is $20 a year and all the same features. No wait. It has even more features.

Crazy? You also have to pay for an internet connection to make MJ work! Who's crazy now?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
samsontdog wrote:
After 11 + yrs with Dish and numerous price increases I am going to switch to Direct. I am paying $84 a month which started out at $39.99 a month and I have not ordered anything or upgrades. Direct will be $41.00 a month for two years with a lot more channels

My last DTV bill was a little over $156. I subscribe to no premium channels but I do pay $20 for Distant Network Service.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
If you need internet to get magic jack and you need a phone line to get the internet how does that come out to $20.00 a year?
We have had directv for years and the price is over $100 a month with out HD. I got dish for the TT and it is about 1/2 that. We watch most everything at home on the net with a smart TV or with an antenna and directv will soon be gone.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:

That's crazy. Magic Jack is $20 a year and all the same features. No wait. It has even more features.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I'm actually beginning to look at internet streaming options. It may not be the best solution for RVing at this time but it seems to get better every year.
At home with our DSL service we've begun using Netflix, HULU plus, HBO Go and a Sony Streaming device. I can get just about any TV show and movie that I want to watch. It may not be in real time but within a month of broadcast.

Most stations now have website where you can watch shows as well.

I'm guessing that within 5 years between a good high def digital antenna to get the local channels, an internet streaming device and internet connection (including WiFi at a campground) you'll be able to get all of the programming you'll want.

Netflix is $8 per month and some of the others have fees but most of the broadcast network website content is free.

I have Dish now with the full package minus sports and pay $139 per month....not for long if the internet streaming continues to improve.

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
After 11 + yrs with Dish and numerous price increases I am going to switch to Direct. I am paying $84 a month which started out at $39.99 a month and I have not ordered anything or upgrades. Direct will be $41.00 a month for two years with a lot more channels
samsontdog:o:W