Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Millenicom replacement

WesL
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys,

A few years ago I found some info on Millenicom on this forum and another forum. Millenicom offered a pretty good data plan with Verizon at a great deal. Over time they went up in price and finally Verizon cut them off and offered deals to their customers at a hefty price. This was good for me as a storm chaser but was still expensive.

Well last year Huntsville City Schools in Huntsville, AL started a big digital transition. They have got rid of textbooks and replaced them with laptops. All kids have a laptop now and they encountered another problem. Kids with no internet at home. So they partnered with Verizon and started a great deal where parents get a Verizon MiFi router at a good price.

Well earlier in August they opened their program to the general public. There is no geographic restriction for use or purchase. The MiFi router is included and the best news is it is UNLIMITED 4g LTE data over Verizon for only $47.75 a month.

I've used it all over the US including Chicago and Nashville within the last few weeks and I have had no issues with it at home.

If you are interested head to http://hsvwifi.com

Thanks again for all the great info in the past - hope you guys enjoy this service.

Wes
131 REPLIES 131

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
Well all good things must come to an end. The Huntsville/OmniLynx unlimited Verizon program will end on November 30th.

I received an email from PayPal that my recurring payment was cancelled. I then called OmniLynx who informed me about the end date.

Good ride while it lasted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
I ordered mine early in the month while I was on the road. I asked for it to be delivered to the house. Three weeks later when I returned, I was *VERY* pleased to see that FedEx box waiting for me.

I set up the MiFi and immediately started using it in place of my Comcast internet feed. Admittedly, it isn't quite as fast, but plenty speedy for my needs. I immediately made my second payment (I am doing each payment manually rather than giving PayPal automatic access to my account).

I have yet to receive any communication from HVS/Omni. In this case, no news is good news.
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maxi Signal wrote:
SweetBearCub wrote:
So it's been 10 days since the unfortunate announcement from HSVwifi/Omnilynx. My MiFi is still working, hope everyone else's is too.

Has there been any news, official or otherwise since 9/24 for existing users?

Thanks.

They said everyone that got units is fine . They just won't be adding anymore subscribers.

Their exact wording is "At this time existing customers will not be affected by this change in supply."

http://www.hsvwifi.com/BuildOrder

Mine rolled over to the new usage period without incident. I hope it continues that way for a good long time! ๐Ÿ™‚
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Maxi_Signal
Explorer
Explorer
SweetBearCub wrote:
So it's been 10 days since the unfortunate announcement from HSVwifi/Omnilynx. My MiFi is still working, hope everyone else's is too.

Thanks.

They said everyone that got units is fine . They just won't be adding anymore subscribers.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't tell anyone, but my account just got billed for next month! Shhhhhhhh. Let not talk about this ever again!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

MrWizard
mine is working, my billing date was Saturday the 3rd
No emails or nothing from them
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

SweetBearCub
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks.

MrWizard
The original contract is with Huntsville school system, a governmental entry
They will be in a hard spot , breaking that
Although they may get away with forcing them to drop all
of us recent add-on users who are out of the implied district of intended use, of the original contract

I do wonder, whose idea it was to open it to the public, HVS or Omni lynx ?

Not that it makes any difference, if VZW pushes hard enough
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
OmniLynx is saying that "for now" existing customers are good to go. It'll be interesting to see where it goes from here. Verizon offered a pretty good deal to us former Millenicom subscribers when they pulled the plug, so maybe they'll do something similar this time. Or best case, maybe they'll let OmniLynx continue, but limited to the existing customer base.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can't imagine it coming back. I think someone stepped way over the line when they posted this offer on the internet when it was likely meant (at the very most) to be offered to "the general public" within the local school system area.
In the meantime, speeds continue to be great even in the small town of Foley, AL.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
LOL, that is the way my luck goes. Just about decided to go ahead and get one, guess decision is made for me. Maybe when it comes back, it will be better.. if it comes back..

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
It's deja vu all over again!
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
And just like that, it's over. Now we just have to see how OmniLynx (or more likely Verizon) will treat their existing customers.
More news later.

ToyHauler
Explorer
Explorer
Dang-it !

Dear OmniLynx Customer,

The wireless provider previously servicing the OmniLynx Program has recently expressed an inability or unwillingness to continue supporting the program. As a result ,and regrettably, we will be unable to accommodate your recent order. Within the next 48 hours, you should receive a full refund of your initial payment. This refund will be transacted through the PayPal portal. We are exploring alternatives for the continuation of the OmniLynx Program and will notify you immediately upon resolution to this issue. Thank you for your patience, support, and understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,
OmniLynx Management
Keystone Raptor 3712TS
BigBlack F450 6.7

WesL
Explorer
Explorer
RIP Onmilynx

Actually the program is about a year old. Just not available to the public until recently.