cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Annoying neighbor

Harveyj
Explorer
Explorer
While camping at the Flag ranch RV park in South Yellowstone, a neighbor in a big fifth wheel started his gas powered leaf blower to clean his outdoor carpet.
I couldn't figure out what that awful noise was at first until I saw him using it. He would do this two to three times a day.

Several other campers were complaining and some of us went to the registration booth to complain.
They went by three times to tell him to stop using it...which he finally did.
I couldn't believe how he didn't think it was annoying to hear that god-awful noise from early in the am to night.
62 REPLIES 62

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
You rockhillmanor have hit the nail on the head.
what is the tolerance level for the offending noise/problem/situation.

if we over react to small crappola, the it is best to look to ONE's self to find the problem. it isn't the other, it is YOU.

my hubby is like you. water off a ducks feathers. I jump quicker but am learning as I get older to be way more tolerant.

So everyone, WHAT THE HECK is wrong with YOU if you can't let some rants slide?

yea no one wants to go there do they? ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I truly am a camper that nothing bothers me. Heck I am on the road full time so if one CG is overly noisy I know I can find one down the road that won't be.

I do feel sorry for the weekend camper that has planned and reserved in advance for a nice weekend with their family camping and stuck in a CG that isn't pleasant.

That all said. The one and only time I did want to go postal was a camper that pulled in next to me with a TT,in a CG with very tight sites, well after midnight and used an impact wrench to raise his levelers! :E

I came a full three feet off my bed and all my dogs all screamed out loud in fright! I opened a cold one and said over and over again to myself, I will not go out there and tell him where to put that impact wrench! :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh dear, I guess I have been guilty on a few occasions of upsetting the neighbours. I carry a compressor. Not only is it great for inflating tires & other things that need inflating, it is also great for getting a stubborn fire started due to damp wood or poorly ventilated fire ring.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
kkmack wrote:
Leaf blowers make great campfire starters when your wood is funky.

Now that's a good excuse for using a blower. I'm getting one and taking it camping with me now.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
Heck people in residential communities here in Florida have passed laws restricting lawn contractors from using those gas blowers. Even the operators have ear protection on!!

Gotta admit they are loud. Why don't the manufacturers put a simple muffler on them?

I would certainly hope they do. I wear ear protection when working in my woodworking shop, running lawn mower, weed eater, leaf blower, etc. I even wear them when using an hand held electric "jig" saw.
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

kkmack
Explorer
Explorer
Leaf blowers make great campfire starters when your wood is funky.
2002 Fleetwood Jamboree GT 31W
1999 Fourwinns 180 Horizon F/S
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

chevor
Explorer
Explorer
I need one of these and then I can make my own campsite.

SkiingSixPack
Explorer
Explorer
amandasgramma wrote:
๐Ÿ™‚ we pick ours up and shake it out........:)

us too! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
My better half
DS-18,DD-17,DS-15,DS-15 (4 teenagers, in da house)
Summit Red Sunshine-4
Brandy Red Sunshine-At the bridge

The greatest thing you ever can do now,
Is trade a smile with someone who's blue now,
It's very easy just...

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
Heck people in residential communities here in Florida have passed laws restricting lawn contractors from using those gas blowers. Even the operators have ear protection on!!

Gotta admit they are loud. Why don't the manufacturers put a simple muffler on them?

Our hometown is considering a ban. Can you give me some names of the communities or links so that I can do some research?

Thanks.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
K3WE wrote:
I'd think a quick 5-min blow job a couple of times a day (maybe Mid AM and Mid PM) would be OK.

OTOH, I'm sure there's crazies who might be out at 7:00 AM and going at it for 30 minutes.
I've been making the same argument unsuccessfully to DW for years.
2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...

Mr_Beebo
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe they should just rake the leaves into huge piles and burn them.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Silverado 2500 6.0

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Two hours, from 10:00 am to 12 noon, would work for me. Thank you.

That's also a good time for me to run my Onan Quiet Diesel generator (if/when I have neighbors).
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
Dog Folks wrote:

What is the best month,year,day and time for that?

Honestly? Probably Fridays, around noon, most any month. Try to leave the weekends for relaxing, and, well, camping.

We have been to some campgrounds with large seasonal populations that schedule certain weekends for "yardwork". If you look on their websites for scheduled activities, work weekends are listed. These are usually "opening weekends" in spring and "closing weekends" in fall.

Also some campgrounds restrict using mowers, blowers or other power equipment until the afternoon on weekends.

That makes sense.

I will try.

I do have all week, as we are hosting.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006