cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone lose a set of keys

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
I dumped at the I95N rest area in Maryland between DC and Baltimore yesterday afternoon. Lying on the ground next to the dump station was a set of keys.

If you lost a set, please PM me and I'll get them back to you.

Chris
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition
37 REPLIES 37

Naio
Explorer II
Explorer II
Crowe wrote:
Has anyone invented a feasible "find a key" thing with a phone app? Seems it might come in handy.

yes, you can get little rfid tags and put them on your keys, your pet, etc.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
spoon059 wrote:
Oh my goodness... A set of RV keys is a couple of dollars, they are universal. The OP did what he thought is right and the Cranks come out in force. Go camping already, sheesh...

X2

Grouching on a forum is more fun than camping for some people on this site. :B

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh my goodness... A set of RV keys is a couple of dollars, they are universal. The OP did what he thought is right and the Cranks come out in force. Go camping already, sheesh...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Naio wrote:
I always feel so bad for the OP in threads like this, when they post something well-intentioned and then everyone chimes in to tell them they're doing it wrong.

The old saying "no good deed goes unpunished"
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone invented a feasible "find a key" thing with a phone app? Seems it might come in handy.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
Wow.
I see that corona virus sure has people upset so much that simple sarcasm (though true) can't be comprehended.

I don't touch what's not mine. If I lose something important, I'm going to try and find it in the area where I might have lost it. If someone took it, though well intentioned, I might spend ungodly amounts of time fruitlessly searching. Then when I stumbled across it on an Internet forum (1 in a zillion), I'd be quite upset.

Funny though, my wife lost her drivers license in NYC. Well, that made boarding the plane a tremendous pain in the butt, but we considered it lost and never looked back. After we had been home a couple days later, we got an envelope in the mail with her license, where some kind stranger picked it up and mailed it back to us.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

Naio
Explorer II
Explorer II
As for the OP's topic, I do think it's a good idea to discuss what to do in this situation. If we crowdsource ideas in advance, it might help somebody else out someday.

Assuming the keys don't have any sort of address or ID attached to them, I don't think they are likely to get stolen. For that reason, I would be inclined to leave them near where I found them and very visible. On a fence post or picnic table or something.

If I took them elsewhere, like to a police station, I would leave a prominent note.

When I found someone's cell phone one time, I looked in the contacts for "Mom" and called her ๐Ÿ™‚

It probably wouldn't have occurred to me to post here, but I think it was a good idea!
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Naio
Explorer II
Explorer II
I almost flipped someone off one time when I was on my bike and they honked at me. I get so sick of that. Also it startles me and makes a crash more likely.

But it was a good thing I didn't go with my first impulse, because the honker turned out to be my mom :-).

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nothing to do with subject , but
Sitting at a red lite , Mustang pulls up beside me , purty girl , short skirt . As lite changes I notice a large purse sitting on roof of Mustang , I lay on my horn as she pulls away . She flips me off and accelerates , purse slides to ground . I stop and run purse to her . I am a nice guy !

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
cross21114 wrote:
OP here. Last time I do something to try to help someone out. Posting here was not the only thing I did. Guess I should have posted a book.
Disappointing how many negative people there are.

You could have spray painted in three foot letters on the ground where you found them and spent money on tv commercials and that STILL would have gotten you criticized on here!

Thank you for doing SOMETHING!!

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Grumpy old men....just stop. Some of you would find something wrong with the OPs post if he said he saw the guy who dropped the keys and chased him down to return them. Probably accuse him of speeding or something...
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
OP here. Last time I do something to try to help someone out. Posting here was not the only thing I did. Guess I should have posted a book.

You were well-intentioned indeed, however there were unintended consequences you just didn't think about. You are not being bullied-people are merely pointing out (with maybe one exception) what may have been a better course of action.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

Explorer II
Explorer II
No good deed goes unpunished
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
In a rest stop dump station I'd have turned them into the attendent, no attendent the police.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times