RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Truss repair

I recently bought a 2004 25' Terry TT that I was told had a small leak above the shower, when I started to tear off the epdm layer I realized a lot more of the wood underneath had been compromised. I've never did any repair like this before but I wen...

Tongue weights

My weight dist hitch is rated 1200 lbs tongue weight and the trailer I'm getting tomorrow is 1300 lb tongue weight. Will the difference of 100 lbs be abit ok ? I'm towing it with a 2015 ram Cummins longbed.Weight of trailer is 7900 lbs and wdh is 12...

en the hook up Bracket. Is that how it is?

When I bought my trailer at the dealership the mechanic said just hand tighten the hook up Bracket. He said the hook up brackets will not migrate or move around the A frame or tongue during towing because the chains and the Spring bars would pull it ...

Tandem Tow Dolly

Hey CommunityLooking for some ideas. My wife and i own a tow dolly which has been great for towing our camry since it can't be flat towed. We are about to buy a golf cart to start taking with us places and looking for a way to tow both the car and th...

Dinghy Towing pulling fuses

Hello allSetting up to tow my 2017 Buick Envision. Per GM I need to pull two 15 amp body control modules fuses to prevent battery drainage.If I install a charging wire from the RV to the Dinghy battery would I still need to pull the fuses. (local B...

Picking the Best Tow Dolly

My wife and I will be buying a Class A soon (likely a Winnebago Vista or Sunstar) to spend a year traveling around North America. We hope to tow our 2010 Prius behind us. I've been researching dollies, and both the Acme EZE-tow and the American Car D...

liquid epdm roof application

My RV epdm rubber roof is 19 years old and in need of resurfacing with liquid epdm coating. Does anyone know of someone that performs this service. Preferably in the southern New England area?Thank you,John❚ Did you see the "Announcement : ★&...

jmarhmar by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Stinky Holding Tank

Our camper is stationary on a lot - even though we empty the tank every time we leave and clean the tank when we winterize the camper there is a smell that comes up every time the toilet flushes. Any help to get rid of smell appreciated.❚ Did you se...

Roof vents

I have 3 vents on my camper and they all 3 just got knocked out by a hail storm. I'm looking on Amazon to order more but not sure which ones to get, mine does not have the steel rod for a hinge, they have 3 tabs that hook on to the frame to make the ...

Posdeer by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

ge produxts be aware

AS and FYI GE appliance are no longer GE but Haier a Chinese conglomerate. We recently had to replace our sharp Microwave/convection oven so we opted for a "GE Profile". After 7 week of fighting with GE because it doesn't operate/heat to the 425* F ...

Putting Handles on Barker 42G Pottie Tote?

Received our big Barker pottie tote. "Should" be big enough to handle an evening's worth showers us and the kids!Want to make it easier to handle when empty -- Anyone put grab handles on one?If so, how did you do it? Aside from the bulkiness I'm a bi...

dcmac214 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Short Queen Air Mattress

Does anybody know of a source for a replacement "short queen" air mattress for an RV ??Note that I don't expect anybody else to do my grunt work of searching the net for this.....but my initial attempts yielded a TON of wrong things to wade through.I...

Demco dolly

For people who own a Demco dolly go to the acme tow dolly site and watch the video and see what you think.

blknomad by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes