RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Profiling your Salesman

How many of you have got sacked with a salesman you can't stand? Do you walk, or try some other tactic?Usually we get stuck with the first one that hits the door, but I think I'm really going to start profiling and be obvious about it. I have been ...

Anyone have experience with Airsafe hitches?

I am curious if anyone has any experience with the class V Airsafe hitches compatible with WD Hitch's. Looks interesting but it is also very expensive. What do you think of the claims of less driver fatigue and less abuse on your transmission?

Toyota 4Runner Towing V8 ... Larger trailers. Capable??

Does anyone have experience towing a larger trailer with a 4runner? I am currently sale pending ($1k down non-refund. so far) on the trailer listed below, although now second guessing the dealer. I am having weight-distributing hitch and brake contr...

asamson2 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

New toads

Does anyone know where I can find out what new vehicles are able to be towed flat?

anconn by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Good Sam Financing

Now that we're really ready to buy our next toy hauler and the Work & Play is sold, its time to study my financing options. We have great credit but at the same time, RV financing doesn't quite compare with a 0% car loan you can find any day of the w...

Toad lights - wire length - Problem solved

I have a 2006 HHR toad. I Previously used magnetic lights but purchased a Hopkins adapter to use the HHR lights. Adapter came with about 20 ft of wire with 4 prong plug. I had run wiring front to back for the magnetic lights and wanted to use that ...

Roof leak and interior damage

I had a roof leak in two or three places. I have fixed the issue but have found two rot spots on interior ceiling. I have read several posts on here and have seen several opinions. Some say luan, some disagree. What is the best way to approa...

Tow Dolly problems

My wife and her mother are traveling with our Class C pulling her RAV4 on a tow dolly. I helped her load this morning, and everything looked good. She just called and said that the strap worked it's way off one of the wheels on the car and was actu...

ECones by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

RV insurance

We are newbies and have to buy RV insurance. Does anyone have experience with Nationwide Insurance? Their quote was $300. cheaper then the next cheapest (progressive) and the rest were all higher by a bit then Progressive. Coverage was almost identi...

Flying Flags Solvang

We'll be at Flying Flags next weekend. See you at the Spa.Our Allegro will be parked next to an Eagle 5th wheel.Happy Trails.PS. My adult children will be staying in the house.:)

kalynzoo by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Mazda Miata MX5

Has anyone flat towed a Mazda Miata? The owner's manual says no. Any modifications that can make it towable 4 wheels down?

RV leaking

Just visited the RV in storage. Last time out was six months ago. Just found water leaking from the skylight over the tub. Probably dried out caulking on the roof. I can fix that. From the attached photos, you can see large gaps in the rubber mo...

jz1028 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Questions to those towing an Equinox with Roadmaster

We have inherited my MIL's 2011 Equinox (12K miles). I have read the manual on RV towing and it is.Since I have a Roadmaster tow bar, I intend to install a Roadmaster base plate.Roadmaster has two models for this car. The chassis mounted base plate...