RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Seasonal National PS employment

I’m looking for some experienced insight regarding seasonal National Park employment. Being a retired geologist who still loves geology I figured that obtaining seasonal work as a geologist at one of the National Park interpretive centers would be a ...

Question from a friend -- engine immobilization

A friend of mine is going to be gone for a year or so out of state. He has a class "C" motorhome, on the usual E-450 chassis. It is winterized, the Onan generator fogged, all goodies out, but he is in an area where larger vehicles (pickup trucks ma...

mlts22 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting your money back?

When buying you place a deposit then must finance the rest, and find out you can't borrow the rest. would you expect to get your deposit back?

Tom_Barb by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

RV show today in

The Charlotte motor Speedway. Think we'll ride down. Camping world with their new partner Tom Johnson. It's free y'all. And it's pretty outside.

Tacoma tow mirror upgrade

Before and after photo of my tow mirror upgrade on my 2009 Tacoma. Only took about 20 minutes total and was the easiest after market upgrade I have ever done. 2 screws, pop the door panel off, unplug the power cord, and loosen 2 nuts and reverse wit...

Bowfreak by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

clear polycarbonate (lexan) for door glass

Want to put clear lexan into door window so I can see out of it. Want lexan instead of glass as it is 200 times stronger than glass. Negative part is I read that lexan scratches easy. Anyone here know how easily it scratches??...they do make an abras...

propane question(s)

I have the standard two bottle set-up (30 lb each?) and was wondering a couple of things. This will also solidify my status as a rookie since what I am asking is probably pretty obvious to most.First of all, if there is no gauge on the tanks, how doe...

mikemc53 by Explorer II
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Walmart Internet Hot Spots

Walmarts are now allowing free internet access from their locations. We've seen this on a few stores up until recently. Now all the stores I've had a chance to check have the service available. Speeds seem good, although not what I'd call lightning f...

pigman1 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Cold Weather!

This is the first real winter for us in our new-to-us Class C. We took it up to Estes Park yesterday. Nothing like driving at highway speeds, outside temps of 5* F, to find out all of the outside-air-infiltration paths! Cold air was pouring in fro...

Water coming into toilet

I have a Thetford toilet with the flusher on the side you pull by hand. The water that flows into the bowl doesn't seem to flow as strong as it used to. Any ideas why? Could it be just gunk built up inside the hose?

salem by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for a tiny, fanless space heater

Low wattage and lightweight. Fan free because of allergies.I currently have a 300 watt from home depot, fits in my pocket. But it is made with a bare exposed element on the top, so is very dangerous. I set it in a breadpan and cover it with a grill,...

Naio by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Securing Superglide hitch head?

A friend has a new superglide slider hitch for his 5er and would like to know if there is a way to secure the hitch head so it does not slide back and forth and make banging noises when not in use. Saw no mention of this in the instructions.

Ron3rd by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Brand with best quality control?

As I do some research for my first RV, I have found that some owners report problems with their units, even brand new. While some of these problems may be minor, like a loose screw, I'm wondering which brands stand out from the rest when it comes to ...

Zebedee by Explorer
  • 53 replies
  • 0 likes