RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

RV inspection service is available in the Phoenix area.

People are often looking for RV inspection services. I came across these people when looking for repair services in the Paradise Valley area of Phoenix. I haven't used them so I can't say any more about the than what their web site contains. They ...

Trackrig by Explorer II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Online shopping while on the road

How would I order something online when on the road? Can I have something shipped to a post office without a po box, if I am going to be somewhere for a few days? I can't find anything conclusive online, if anyone has experience, please share!

Towing capacity

I'm looking to purchase either a 5th wheeler or travel trailer and I'm not sure what the towing capacity is of my truck. Here are the specs for my truck. Thanks.Vehicle Name Ford F-150 Body Style ...

scolson by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Health Insurance options

I am wondering what folks do in regards to health insurance coverage as they travel through the many states, seeing as our own State's coverage is not good, or basicallly non-existent as soon as we leave our home state? Do you know of any insurance ...

Cool tech instructions/diagram?

Traded in my 2012 for a 2015 and can't find the instructions for my cool tech harness. Does anyone have it in pdf form, or even just cell phone pics? I have the factory tow option and need to know which wire to splice into.

Hickey by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

wasps in refrigerator access area

Need some ideas on keeping wasps out of the area behind my refrigerator. I am hesitant to add screening to the vent slots as that might hinder air flow. Has anyone used mothballs with any success?

Growing your own vegies ?

I started a small tommato plant growth. 1 is upside down the other normal. Now I realize there are those that do not wish to bother but as a new fulltimer starting in 2 weeks. I would like to know how many have a garden on the road.

Ropdoc by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

battery tender?

We've just returned from a 12,000+ mile journey, towing our little Suzuki X90. Wasn't paying attention one day, the radio must have inadvertently been left on in the tow'd and drained the battery deader than dead. I plan to get a Brake Buddy battery...

2 1/2 to 2 adapter

Just moved up to a 2500 from 1/2 ton. The hitch is 2 1/2 and I bought the adapter sleeve to go to 2in. The sleeve says to not use with weight distribution. So what are my option for my E2. Thanks Michael

How do you hang things on your walls

I am quite new to living in a 5er and was wondering how people mount things to the walls of there trailer. I am looking to mount some small shelves, but I am not sure what the exterior walls are made of as to what kind of fastener to use?

Mike Thompson RV

After a 7,700 mile road trip, took my trailer to Mike Thompson RV for repair work, under an extended warranty from Protective; will get into that issue in another post.While at their facility, they backed another trailer into mine and broke the door ...

creann by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

stuck coupler

I have a coupler that is stuck on the ball of the hitch. Mt TT is a 6 month old Jayco Jayflight that has always been difficult to get off the hitch. I finally just pulled my truck forward to get the hitch off the receiver and I still can't get the ...

The_Kroc by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

bugs on camper

does anyone have an easy way to get bugs off the front of your camper? I scrub them off with a brush and water and they are tough to remove. I try to get them off as soon as we return from a camping trip. The longer you let them set the harder they a...