Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campsite personalized signs

alesis
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys-
We are looking at getting an exterior personalized wood sign for our camper. Probably one with hanging plates beneath a main one. I really like the 3D style ones I've seen, but I'm wondering what you guys have found.

Perhaps you can post pics and/or websites of what you guys have. Thanks in advance!!!
Jerry

TV : 2021 Ford F-150 3.5 Ecoboost Max Tow
TT : 2015 Crossroads Sunset Trail Reserve 32BH
Weigh Safe True Tow hitch system

http://community.webshots.com/user/detroitfd
18 REPLIES 18

ramgunner
Explorer
Explorer
myredracer wrote:
Jim Shoe wrote:
I've seen personalized signs in CGs that included first and last names and home towns. (In this thread). Even a really stupid thief ought to be able to figure out where there's an empty house with owners that are 400 miles away for the winter. Might be a worthwhile drive and a quick peek in the local phone book.

Funny, that was my exact first thought too. Not that many crooks would be smart enough to cruise around an RV park, but it is possible I guess.

You'd be amazed at what cruises around and through RV parks, and what their intentions are. You can read some of the stories here. Thieves know where they are.

The other day I stopped by a truck stop to pick up some DEF. When I drove out, I skirted the parking lot. Spotted two drug dealers driving through the lot (in the non-trucker parking) and one prostitute without even trying.

It's always a good idea to practice operational security, wherever you are.
Editor - http://www.RamGunner.com / http://www.MomentumGunner.com
2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
Grand Design Momentum 385TH (Polaris RZR800/VHF/UHF/HF)

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jim Shoe wrote:
I've seen personalized signs in CGs that included first and last names and home towns. (In this thread). Even a really stupid thief ought to be able to figure out where there's an empty house with owners that are 400 miles away for the winter. Might be a worthwhile drive and a quick peek in the local phone book.

Funny, that was my exact first thought too. Not that many crooks would be smart enough to cruise around an RV park, but it is possible I guess.

BulldawgFan
Explorer
Explorer
We have bought from these fine folks a couple of times. Both in person and an online order. Both experiences were great. They've been at it a long time and you will see their work in a lot of campgrounds.

http://www.woodsignsofgatlinburg.com
2018 Forest River FR3 30DS
2011 GMC Terrain (Toad #1)
1993 Jeep YJ (Toad #2)
1993 EZGO Marathon 48v

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
GaryWT wrote:
As for what you put on your sign, I just don't think a lot of thieves camp...

X2
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our at a campground in Maine, they have a guy come in on the weekends. If you go to any RV shows this winter, there are usually sign guys at them. As for what you put on your sign, I just don't think a lot of thieves camp...
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

riggsp
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry that I can't download a picture of my junk sign made on pvc signboard with my CNC machine, but DW and I both think it's pretty neat.

Dustytuu
Explorer
Explorer
I made ours. Took a scrap of rectangle wood. Painted our first names on. Painted picture of our 3 Schnauzer dogs and clear coated it.
Husband added the hanger bolts and small chain to hang from the king pin.
2008 dodge 5500, diesel,Laramie
2008 Carriage Carri-Lite, 36SBQ, 4 slides,dishwasher,washer/dryer,2 fireplaces,6500 gen.
D & D
3 Schnauzers

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/Dustytuu/

Kindness, and good manners are important.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
If I happen to be outside in a CG, I'll be happy to tell you my first name, especially since its a nickname anyway, and you have my permission to look in Ohio, but its a big state. Gotta be an easier way to steal.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
I used the Love Joy Store on Esty. We are very satisfied with their work. A link here.

Here is a pic of ours.

2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
Jim :W
2007 Silverado 3/4 LTZ Crew Duramax/Allison
2008 Keystone Cougar 311RLS

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
We got ours at a recent trip to Branson, MO at a place called "Here's Your Cedar Sign". It's a little hole in the wall place, but very reasonable prices, and they will ship. They don't have a website, but here's their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/heresyourcedarsign
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
alesis! Check your private messages. Enjoy!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I made my own. Actually, several of them. Here's how I did it.

I took a photo (actually several of them) of my trailer and tow vehicle. I then took the photo and put it on a Xerox copier and blew it up to 17 x 11 size. I then took the paper blow up and cut the paper down so get rid of excess. I pasted that to a board. I then used my scroll saw and cut along the edges and had a perfect replica of my camper.

The space under that was reserved for my name.

So after it was all cut out, I sanded it then painted everything with a base coat (white). After that dried, I sketched out the windows, doors, all the details and then with model paint, I painted in all the details (both sides of the sing). Once everything was done and I was happy with it. I top coated it with Varnish (about 3 coats) to give it a nice protection. I attached two small eyelets on the top, attached a small link chain and "who-lah!" Done.

Did it take time to do .... Yes!

When we traded trucks, I did another one with the new truck and trailer. When I traded trailers, I did another one with the second truck and new trailer. I did this several times. Finally, I simply wore myself out making these, so don't have one for my current rig.

For obvious reasons, I'm not putting a post of what the sign looks like since it has my name on it.

You can always go to Hobby Lobby and get the lettering, paint, and lumber and easily make one yourself. You can get wooden letters to attach to a board, all kinds of wooden decorations, designs, and styles.

Why buy something that someone else made. Your name is as personal as you. Why not make your own and then you've really got something to be proud of!

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
We met one gentleman making wood stuff and signs, and doing woodcarving(complete with shavings) at his campsite. However, because it was a federal park, he could not sell anything there, and had another outlet close by. However, if you made a donation to his favorite charity, he could and did give them away.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.