cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can I rant? Driving stuff...

ls1mike
Explorer II
Explorer II
Picked up the trailer today after some warranty... I hate the rain and driving in Washington.

Was on I-5 and Highway 16 from Tacoma to Poulsbo WA, about an hour drive.

To the Lady in the Subaru who had to pass to cut me off with no turn signal while I am towing 57 feet of truck and trailer that made me hit the brakes so hard I could see the side of my trailer coming around so you could slow down and exit right in front of me 3 miles down the road.

To the worker rider driver(this is a bus the with an employee driving other employees home) who hung out in the left lane next to me for 3 miles going 62 MPH then decided to get in behind me because you were scared to pass even after I slowed down to let you in front of me I hope your Government furlough last longer than 22 days (These busses operate for the Navy shipyard). I could not be a truck driver, people are just inconsiderate. There were others but right now I need a drink, maybe two.

Thanks for listening.
Mike
2024 Chevy 2500HD 6.6 gas/Allison
2012 Passport 3220 BHWE
Me, the Wife, two little ones and two dogs.
56 REPLIES 56

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
They come from planet Oblivion. And, I always tell my wife what I think of them.

On the other hand, being an excellent driver,.....I always drive fast,...therefore I stay out of everybody's way.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
winniman wrote:
Two years ago, we went to Nova Scotia from Ontario in my friends bounder dp. He installed a set of big rig air horns behind the front grill. When we were in stop and go traffic going through Montreal some hotdog in a little convertable sports car figured he would slide into the gap in front of the coach and the car in front, then hit the brakes suddenly. It was quite funny to see the guy almost jump right out of the car when he got a taste of those air horns. hehe, I am still laughing. No doubt he had to change his depends when he got home.

I'm seriously considering a set of locomotive horns for my Genesis. Sometimes, you need to get someone's attention REALLY LOUDLY!
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
ol' yeller wrote:
There is a fix for bad drivers. Every vehicle should come with a paintball gun mounted on the front. They should have an somewhat limited arsenal that can't be refilled (to make the user carefully choose their targets). If someone cuts you off or makes an unsafe maneuver, let one fly. When a cop sees someone with more than 3 paintball splatters on their car, they are to be pulled over and given a punitive "Idiot" ticket. Problem solved.

LOL

Sounds like the old Gallagher routine with the "suction cup stupid flags"

3 on yer car and officially a dumbsheit...

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a fix for bad drivers. Every vehicle should come with a paintball gun mounted on the front. They should have an somewhat limited arsenal that can't be refilled (to make the user carefully choose their targets). If someone cuts you off or makes an unsafe maneuver, let one fly. When a cop sees someone with more than 3 paintball splatters on their car, they are to be pulled over and given a punitive "Idiot" ticket. Problem solved.
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent vent thread ๐Ÿ™‚
Have to call it my new on-line home.

20 years ago I was a very aggressive driver.
Made amends and calmed down after getting in a fist fight at an intersection not too far from home.
Sad and inexcusable actions by both parties.

I feel every rotten driver builds an account that will cost them dearly eventually.

Always fun watching the driver who speeds and works hard to go nowhere fast.
It is so enjoyable to watch this type drive themselves into a corner LOL...

Thingz I don't understand:
1.Tailgaters that will not pass even when it's completely safe.
2.Drivers who are hell on the straightaway then terrified on curves.
3.Persons who hold and wait for the closest possible parking place to save inches.
4.Drivers who won't go around a corner until there is absolutely no oncoming cars visible.
5.Drivers who see a large vehicle trying to maneuver in a parking lot and immediately head toward said vehicle.

MarshaNichols
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, I live in an area where people don't think twice about using their gun they have sitting on their passenger seat. As much as I get angry at others, I have to let it go...sure I say things to MYSELF...but it's just not worth it!

Tachdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Don't you love the ones who are entering a highway? The ones who get on and finally look over and realize you are there? Its frustrating to monitor your speed and make adjustments but there are those that enter the highway so slow expecting you to get out the way when the left lane next to you have fast moving traffic.

woodgeezer
Explorer
Explorer
Because I am a lumbering bear on the road, I tend to drive much more defensively it the MH than the Van or the Truck. It's nice to have a vehicle that makes people wonder whether you are insured (van). One of my favorite diversions is following an aggressive driver in surface traffic. You know the ones, jumping of the line, racing to the next light, swerving in and out of lanes.

At the next light, I make a point of honking and giving a friendly wave as I sit next to him/her. Not sure they get the message, but after two or three lights with me still there, I hope they do.

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
And you can't fix STUPID.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

FoCoNoCo
Explorer
Explorer
FunnyCamper wrote:
ls1mike wrote:
That is why I vented here. I do my best to let the stuff go when I am driving, but man yesterday it was rough.

driving situations happen all the time. let this stuff go is exactly what ya gotta do!!

total of 12 hr round trip this week. we met only 3-4 people who stink at driving. not a bad trip for us this time.

most just don't know where the gas pedal is and they need a refresher course. pull out in front of a monster rig like ours, and then don't accelerate is just wrong ๐Ÿ™‚

Ha! That's what guard rails and ditches are for...

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Makes those driver's ed classes way back when laughable doesn't it. Apparently for lots of people, it didn't take.

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
I hate defensive dodging. I'd like to have a carton of eggs, well ripened, in the passenger seat. Whenever another Driver cuts me off I would land one on grill in front of windshield when I passed him again. Semis get tw or three eggs depending on how close to end of trip. ๐Ÿ™‚
The better way is to lay back and snooze and let wife drive. She does anyway, behind the wheel or not.

Justus4
Explorer
Explorer
paulcardoza wrote:
Actual DRIVING TESTS should be mandatory for everyone, every 5 years. Yeah it would cost, but if adhered to, it would make the roads so much safer.

Make the individual drivers pay for the tests. Oh, 50$ every five years. Make them mandatory to keep your license.

Johnnybgood
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, I hear ya'll. I just wish everyone else's driving was a perfect as mine. :). Seriously though I have had to learn not to get too exasperated by others driving. I just tell them to quit pulling a John (that's me).