cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Carrying chairs without a ladder

SJR
Explorer
Explorer
How do you transport your chairs on the outside of your RV without a ladder rack? Looking for some ideas.
Stephan
2010 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab
2003 Northstar TC800EC
2016 Rockwood Roo 21ss
Equalizer Hitch
32 REPLIES 32

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
My fold-able "director's chairs" are stored in my front pass through storage compartment.

I'm not carrying chairs that are used outdoors that are not foldable.

SJR wrote:
How do you transport your chairs on the outside of your RV without a ladder rack? Looking for some ideas.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

RamCougar
Explorer
Explorer
Another option?
2003 Ram CTD QC LB 4x2 MT, LuK 13", 4:10LS, GDP Fuel Boss, SmartyJr#2, Bilsteins, Lil'Rocker, Prodigy, Tireminder, Garmin, SoundflySD.
2012 COUGAR 280BHSWE, GY Endurance, PI EMS, Wave3, Glow Steps, EU2000i on propane, EasyStart 364, Wally-Playmaker

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I just put mine either in the bed of the Pickup or inside the TT on a bed...
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
After this trip, I plan to make a "pillowcase" type cover for our ancient aluminum folding chairs. This will keep them from rubbing against something during travel or hooking on something and preventing me from pulling them out.

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
Previous owner had a receiver installed on the back of my hybrid. I use a cargo rack to carry chairs, hoses, cords, and such.

HTT: 2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser c191
TV: 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
That one is easy on this Class A.. I do not transport chairs outside the RV, I transport them INSIDE the RV, on top of the Propane tank. If I had 19" tires this is where the spare would go but since I have 22.5's I put the chairs (and 2 tables too) in that space, along with about 200 cubic feet of Helium (Blows up a baloon when needed) and 1.5 gallons of water (In a pressure vessle) I figure if it starts to get hot the plastic water bottle will melt.. Not a bad thing in that compartment as it dumps it's load.. And if it gets hotter 200 Cubic Feet of chyrogenic gas might just chill it a bit.. Bottle would of course tend to "Rocket" But it butts up against the generator so it's not going far..
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use chairs in bags and carry them in the truck box.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Not an outside storage but what works for us is the back side of the dinette. We don't sit back there any way so I put tie down loops on the far ends of that area and sit the chairs on end against the outside wall and run a bungie between the loops to hold the chairs against the wall.

AmericalVette
Explorer
Explorer
I have a small folding table and two nice chairs that fit fine and lay flat in my pass through, although they have to be turned at an angle to fit them through the door. They are the 'second' thing unloaded during set up. My cooler and grain based beverages are first!
Times fun when you're having flies!

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Basement of the 5er. Last things in. First things out.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine go underneath the bed in the front cargo area. When I arrive, they are clean and dry... ready for my tail to be sat down in it!!!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Ours goes in the trailer. We have a nice spot they fit just perfect beside the couch and wall. We have several folding-in-a-bag type that we keep in the pass through.

Previous trailer, we always traveled with the big chairs on the bed. Never an issue.

I tried a few times carrying them in the bed of the truck. With my shell, everything stays dry. But, I've got so much other stuff in the bed of the truck, its' just much easier stowing them in the trailer.

I've never transported them outside the camper.

dave54
Nomad
Nomad
I do not bungee anything on the outside of my rig or in the truck bed. I use cargo straps and secure hard points.

Too many years loading cargo in aircraft. Things can come loose and shift in flight ruining your day.

I have personally observed a class A in front of me do an emergency brake and swerve, and the kids bikes bungeed on the roof went flying. Fortunately to the side of the road, not toward me. The driver kept going, he never noticed.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
ours go between the bed and the wall, or just on the bed if i'm lazy
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980