cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Comforters

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Why do rv mfg. put those bulky comforters into the bed rooms of rv's. Altho they look nice they are a PITA to stow when going to bed. Bed spreads are a lot less bulky and take up less room in the closet....
20 REPLIES 20

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
I have been looking to replace our comforter with a bed spread and I am coming to the conclusion that the comforters have better patterns and bed spreads are all bland and becoming a thing of the past.....

rolling_rhoda
Explorer
Explorer
Our original one is a deep purple satin. Toss pillows are too, with black and gold trim. Unfortunately they coordinate with the ugly valances and wallpaper border. You know that there was a guy somewhere who saw that stuff on a sample board and said yep, that looks great. I'd love to see his 1980's style house. I have a few projects coming up.

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Nice topic. Our nice looking but cheap bed cover gets folded in put in the storage under the bed on the day we buy a trailer. We put a regular comforter on the bed which makes it real easy to make the bed and we have a second comforter stored under the bed for those cool night. The day we trade in a trailer, we put the original back on the bed. The last trailer we traded in, we noticed the dealer got rid of the mattress cover for some reason.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Somebody makes a bed??

^^^^^ This ๐Ÿ™‚
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
Mine was ugly. I offered it to my niece for her dogs and she didn't want it either. So I burned it along with the ugly pillows that matched it.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
Here is what we now have in our Cougar.

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
Mary gets help making the bed???? I must be doing something wrong!

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
My TT came with a cheap, ugly, uncomfortable, thin bedspread.

It works perfectly as a dog blanket for the back of the truck. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
I think they use them because they make the coaches look elegant when people are shopping. Typically, in your home, people don't ever see your bedroom. In a motor home, it's hard to hide the bedroom when people come over to visit, so it looks nicer if the bed is made.

We like the look of ours. The one in our Monaco was really nice. It was a nice weight and had two flaps sewn in at the top so that your sleeping pillows slid under the flaps and the decorative pillows sat on top. At night, we fold down the comforter and lay it at the foot of the bed. The decorative fit alongside the bed.

We may not be the norm, but we always make our bed. We get up in the morning and make it together so it's not so hard on the back.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
Our dog used ours for a bed until she shredded it :B Not sure what happened to the little pillows, I thing the GB got them to play with.
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
I can't imagine taking my comforter/bedspread on and off every single day.

If you are too hot at night to use the comforter/bedspread AND a blanket, then either:

1. skip the blanket and just use a comforter; or
2. get a pretty quilt and use that as your blanket and skip the comforter.

Now there's nothing to have to fold and store every night and you're comfortable.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
You are correct. Ours weighed so much it was difficult to fold and it took up an entire storage bin! So we stored ours in daughter's garage and just use a nice blanket and tuck it in.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Somebody makes a bed??
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
We also took off the comforter, pillows and bolster and stored them for whoever gets the trailer when we are done with it. They do match the decor, but are sleazy and cheaply made. I made up a quilt with complementary colors and a size that actually fits the bed. It's much nicer having a cotton bed cover that can be laundered if it becomes necessary.