cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ever walk into the wrong trailer?

dee74
Explorer
Explorer
So I am camping this last weekend and meeting some great people. I went off to fish for a little while and when I came back to what I thought was my tt I almost walked right into the wrong camper. A tt just like mine had pulled in a couple sites down. I am glad they were cool about it and we just laughed, I even got invited to stay for dinner but I declined. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?
55 REPLIES 55

murphysranch
Explorer
Explorer
My grandson tried to get into someone else's trailer a couple of weeks ago. He even knocked and a person came to the door. Boy was he surprised!!
Empty nesters
2 cats
2 cattle dogs too!

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Back in my teen years I went to a drive in (remember those) movie with my girlfriend and other friends. I was sent to get pop and pop corn. We drove in one of the old Chevy panel style station wagons. When I walked back I got into one. It wasn't the same one I arrived in.

cheteckie
Explorer
Explorer
I almost drove off in someone else's car in the Chevy dealer service department.. They said my Trailblazer was ready, and there was a trailblazer, same color parked where they'd pointed. Of course the keys were in it, and it was only as I was shifting not Drive that i noticed a Mc Donald's wrapper on the passenger seat and realized I was not in my Trailblazer. Mine was parked outside in the snowstorm at the end of a long row of cars.
2013 Allegro Bus
2013 Subaru WRX

the_vfox
Explorer
Explorer
Never done that trick. If I get close to doing that, I am going to buy myself a homing beacon. ๐Ÿ™‚
Fox and Angel, fuzz ball cat and crazy Yorkie :S
Don't call me on the weekend, Im out camping.:C
2001 Itasca Horizon DP 36LD 330 Cat and all the bells and whistles
Go Blue, US Air Force(retired)25 years ๐Ÿ™‚

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
My cousin did that about 35 years ago. She had to go to the bath house at 2:00am and when she came out she couldn't remember if she had to go right or left. She wandered around for 1.5 hr. before finding her own TT.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
We have attended several of the Alpenlite Travel clubs events. My wife tried to enter another alpenlite that was next to us and later our entry door was making sounds like others thought our alpenlite was their alpenlite. After a dinner and being dark leaving the eating area it is easy to be confused.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not since I got off the sauce...

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Wishbone51
Explorer
Explorer
When I was a kid, my mom had a white '68 Ford Falcon, but she could never recognize it in a parking lot. To her, a white car is a white car. She once tried to get into a white Cadillac.. I had to tell her "Mom.. We can't afford that ;)"
2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH
2004 Nissan Titan

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
Several years ago we were camping at a new to us campground. There were several loops. On the first day I realized we ran out one of the propane tanks so I removed the tank and put it in the bed of my pick-up and drove to town to fill it up. Upon our return I backed into the space and pulled the tank cover only to see both propane tanks there. My brain couldn't accept this as I had the refilled tank in my hand. My wife was walking to the door and called out and asked why I had so much junk piled up near the door. At that moment it dawned on us that we were at someone else's identical TT. Fortunately they weren't home and we had a good laugh about it. Thanks for bringing back that memory!
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Perfectly good excuse! Walking back from fishing and see this gorgeous very shapely gal walking into a trailer that resembles your own and just trying to follow her!

Now try explaning this to your wife or girlfriend while looking her right in the eye...
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think the OP was lost in thought concentrating on the big fish story and how it got away ๐Ÿ˜›
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

statehoss
Explorer
Explorer
Had an aquaintance walk into the wrong trailer to use the bathroom. (He was visiting a camper friend.) Exited bathroom to a screaming woman. It wasn't a good situation.

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
That may be one of the only up sides to having an older truck & trailer. There's not much of a chance that I'll confuse another for mine unless I'm trying to upgrade.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

MagillaGorilla
Explorer
Explorer
My wife ahs done it 3 times now. One time she got into the wrong Caddy. She was actually all the way in and sitting down when she started looking for me. That is when she saw me in OUR car just 3 cars to the left.

Another time was getting into our truck. My truck is a Nissan 4 door truck and its black. She got into a 2 door Chevy that also happened to be black. Once again she got right in. Doh!!!!

The 3rd time was almost a disaster. She opened the door of the wrong truck (again) and the dog inside went crazy. Fortunately she was able to close the door before the dog attacked her.
Magilla

2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37' Gasser

MagillaGorilla
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
:: laughing ::

My mom did this with her station wagon. The door key worked and everything. Then she started looking around the interior... 'This is not my large automobile'.

Did anyone else pick up on this Talking Heads reference?
Magilla

2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37' Gasser