cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

External Speakers, do you really want them ?

mountainborn
Explorer
Explorer
While boondocking on a local lake we had quite a storm and found a drip in a kitchen cabinet. Back tracking we found the culprit. Here is the photos and repair story.

Photo and repair story
2010 Coleman Fifth wheel CT325
2008 Ford F350 Dually
2012 Jeep JK Hardtop
http://www.mountainborn.blogspot.com/
93 REPLIES 93

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
Love my outside speakers. Especially when home working outside near the trailer.

BlindGuynAR
Explorer
Explorer
Some love them and some hate them. I'm a "I don't care what you do if it doesn't bother me type" so listen to them at a respectful level and we're good.

I use mine a lot to listen to sports games.

Since I am nearly blind I have pretty good hearing though and I'd challenge anyone to hear it outside my campsite as it is tuned so low.

I can normally hear the talking at other sites over my Oklahoma Sooners football games so I know I'm not disturbing anyone..
2013 Montana 346LBQ Mountainer edition
2017 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4 DRW
- B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch
- Transfer Flow 40ga aux tank/tool box
- Gatorback Mud Flaps
- Ultimate Camera Package

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
I'd be perfectly content w/o external speakers but the man thinks the concept is the cat's meow.
I'm looking into a wireless system as the best of both worlds.

crudeman
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
In five years of full time camping or is it six now... I have, on ONE occasion, had a next door neighbor with outside speakers playing a radio station I actually liked and tuned in in my car... SOFTLY so even if I had not liked it it would not have been annoying.

I won't tell you the number who were loud and annoying.

WE DO NOT NEED OUTSIDE SPEAKERS.

See everywhere is different tho in eight years plus of fulltiming never ran across a issue. I still wish I had them.
Steve & Pat
Hannah - Sophie

2006 HR Ambassador PDQ
2010 Silverado

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use our RV's external speakers to listen to classical FM radio or audio CD's while out in the back yard working anywhere in the vicinity of where we park the RV.

Why not ... beats using another device for this when around home? Winnebago mounted our external speakers, external DVD player, an external TV connection, and a 120V/12V receptacle in a sunken-in box behind one of their standard lockable and sealed external hinged doors.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
I don't understand the need for constant noise some people seem to need. Just like people that get on their cell phone as they are getting into their car.... they just can't be alone I suppose, and when they are they need a radio to comfort their anxiety, providing the illusion of someone with them. Quiet is so under rated. I worked in an industrial environment for 32 yrs. and I value my quiet, and peace, and fresh air while I am camping. I just wish more good folks would too.

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
I turned on our outside speakers once when we first got the TT. I needed to know what switch position I never wanted to turn on again.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

wandering1
Explorer
Explorer
I am not a big fan of listening to others noise pollution.
HR

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I second the wireless head phones. We camped last time out bahind some folks with outside speakers. Was forced to listen to Kay D Perry. Went home early. The folks just did'nt care about anyone else.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

JEBar
Explorer
Explorer
an all this time I thought I was the only one who didn't want outdoor speakers on our camper .... when we custom ordered our camper we learned that outdoor speakers were an "unpublished" option, so not having them installed was no problem .... we also chose to not have an outdoor shower .... since picking up our camper on Halloween of '05 it would have been nice to have the outdoor shower a couple of times but all in all, we don't miss not having either the speakers or shower

Jim
'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
In five years of full time camping or is it six now... I have, on ONE occasion, had a next door neighbor with outside speakers playing a radio station I actually liked and tuned in in my car... SOFTLY so even if I had not liked it it would not have been annoying.

I won't tell you the number who were loud and annoying.

WE DO NOT NEED OUTSIDE SPEAKERS.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
All the TT we looked at had external speakers. We tend to camp in places where either radios are banned or there is no reception anyway. ,LOL
The only time we have played music in our TT was when hubby washed the outside. Then the speakers were great.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I dislike external speakers. I tried to delete them when ordering a new 5er. Keystone would not delete. I do not care for holes in the side of my 5er and the low quality sound from the cheep speakers. I would much rather have jacks I could plug a couple of speakers into.

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
Amen. Get wireless headphones and don't bother anyone else. My jazz would probably bother you as much as Metallica would bother me. BTW, I'm 63 and I "get" metal, just not hours on end and piped through tinny external speakers. As always, it's a matter of consideration for your neighbors, something that seems to have been lost in the "it's all about me" world.
โ€˜Love is whatโ€™s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.โ€™ - Elain - age 8

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
We have never used out external entertainment center. This Christmas my son gave me a pair of nice WiFi speakers that work great off the I-phone and I-pad. Not only do I use these outside, but I can keep them close and not bother the neighbors. Much better idea.
JMHO