cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
I can't believe this thread has made 157 pages, whew!

Let me add this if it hasn't made it already, at Costco they sell a bunch of "micro cloths" for a few bucks. We found them the best on our eye glasses and for cleaning the windows on the truck, shower, house. They are great and you just wash them up and reuse. Don't put in dryer as that ruins them.I use a spray wax on the truck when traveling and I use a regular towel to lightly dry then spray on the wax and wipe with these cloths fantastic.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Dshultz50
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if I posted this before or not....but:

DH took a small 2 or 2 1/2 gallon sprayer (think garden fertilizer sprayer), painted it black. He then replaced a wand with a kitchen sink sprayer. It's kept full of water, in the sun. We always have warm water to wash grandkids' (and our) hands and/or feet after a day camping. We attach a kneehigh nylon to a nearby tree full of the slivers of leftover soap from the shower at home. And attach a dishtowel to a tree limb with a small rope. No more messing up the rig or using up all our water!
I am so clever that sometimes I donโ€™t understand a single word of what I am saying.

Dee & Bob
1990 Fleetwood 5er
2 cats - Donner and Dasher
12 grandkids

Jimfromvirginia
Explorer
Explorer
Bump
2012 Keystone Montana 3455SA towed by 2009 Ford F450 4x4 Diesel

Photo01
Explorer
Explorer
btt
1999 Fleetwood Southwind 34N on F53 Chassis, V-10
2009 GMC Canyon Crew Cab Toad
Demco Aluminator Towbar
SMI Stay-In-Play Duo Braking System

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
vgoulette wrote:
darrentonya wrote:
If we are staying at a CG for a long period of time we will take a dorm size refrigerator with us. When we get to the CG we go to the nearest store and fill it up. Saves time on going to get ice all the time.
Happy Camping!!

I'm confused!! You fill the dorm frig with ice? Or with enough food to last a while? You only mentioned ice. If just for ice, why not purchase one of the little counter top ice maker machines?

Vickie

I think he/she means they fill the extra refrig with perishables and don't have worry about continuously filling a chest with ice to keep the perishables, etc., cold.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

wiskeyVI
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome! Thxs

skrams
Explorer
Explorer
lasparrot wrote:
skrams wrote:
lasparrot wrote:
for the steps, how about hinging one of the treads and then you have a little storage area inside for bug spray, sunscreen, etc. Just stick them in a little plastic bin and they are safe from mud, etc.

Any suggestions for lifting the tread without destroying it?

I'm not a carpenter and only quickly looked at the photos, but how about not nailing one of the treads and having it held in place with a little piece of wood at each end, under the tread?

|' '| (pretty lame!)

Oh, I was talking about my built in steps, not the ones the previous poster built, which are awesome, btw.
2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34B (Ford Chassis) Bunkhouse
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT (5-speed manual)
SMI Stay-In-Play & Blue-Ox Aventa LX

BirdSongPlace
Explorer
Explorer
darrentonya wrote:
If we are staying at a CG for a long period of time we will take a dorm size refrigerator with us. When we get to the CG we go to the nearest store and fill it up. Saves time on going to get ice all the time.
Happy Camping!!

Brilliant!

2000 Ford F350
2004 Adventurer

pkunk
Explorer
Explorer
teebee1 wrote:
I have the photos of the bucket light but can't figure out how to add them to the message.

1. you have to have your pics on a hosting site like Photobucket or Webshots.
2. Above the add a post window there is a 'add a link button'.
3, insert the URL (link to your pic)
1999 Coachman Mirada 34 ft.V10-F53 chassis
12ft.LR slide-2 gp31 AGM 12V @220AH

teebee1
Explorer
Explorer
photos of the bucket light. Thank you for the instructions on how to post a photo. The green bucket was a pickle bucket I got from a restaurant.
teebee1
2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34B
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser turbo, convertible
retired and irresponsible

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Silveradomike wrote:
teebee1, could you post some pics of your light bucket? Sounds like a great idea.

Yes, teebee1 please post some pics of your light. Sounds like one I saw last year. The guy threw a rope over a tree limb and raised this bucket up about 20 ft or so in the the air. Wondered what it was for and that night it lit up his camp site. He placed it so it didn't bother anyone else. Would love to see yours. Happy Camping, John.
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

vgoulette
Explorer
Explorer
darrentonya wrote:
Happy Camping!!

I'm confused!! You fill the dorm frig with ice? Or with enough food to last a while? You only mentioned ice. If just for ice, why not purchase one of the little counter top ice maker machines?

Vickie

Silveradomike
Explorer
Explorer
teebee1, could you post some pics of your light bucket? Sounds like a great idea.
2005 2500HD Duramax/Allison,Air-lift Bags,CST 4" Lift,Nitto 297/75/16
Reese 16k/4way Pivot,BlueOxe Bed Protector
2004 Northwood ArcticFox 27-5L,Honda 3000U Generator

darrentonya
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Camping!!

markformanski
Explorer
Explorer
bluehairswife wrote:
DH had a lot of trouble trying to get the fresh water hose attached to the camper when we set up. We bought quick release adapters for our fresh water hose and inlet. It takes him just a second to attach and/or unattach the hose now. Best little investment we have made for the camper I think.

Great Idea. I'm def doing this right away...