cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

Bucky2
Explorer
Explorer
Ralphie Boy wrote:
I've followed this Page for a few years now, but it looks like it's time to un-subscribe. Sorry to go...

Me too!
The road goes on forever and the party never ends!

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone talking about a P38 reminded of something (that I probably already posted): Leatherman tool! I always have one on my belt. Knife, pliers, can opener (P38 "style"), screwdrivers, etc. I used to always carry a large folding Buck knife on my belt, but the Leatherman has replaced that.

Having a pair of pliers and a knife on your belt comes in handy multiple times during the day.

LoudDog
Explorer
Explorer
No photos but a couple recent things i did:

Our kitchen chairs would always move around and sometimes fall. For a couple bucks I got those gear straps and problem solved. They are like foot long rubber twist ties. They hold the chairs together and apart at the same time.

The shelf under our couch likes to slide open in transit. I put an eye bolt in the back and on the lip of the door and put a bungee cord in there. I adjusted the length so no it's like an auto close. If you need to keep it open you can just unhook the cord.
TV: 2012 Ram 2500
TT: 2023 Cougar 22MLS

Cajun_jeff
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of great tips for this new guy. Thanks

Cajun Jeff

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
JiminDenver wrote:
I can't get the filters for my Melita cone coffee maker so I took the basket off of the drip coffee maker at home. It fits fine on top of enameled coffee pot and I can get the filters easy.

If you go to the Melitta (with 2 T's) web site they show cone filters.

We have a #4 Melitta funnel. The funnel, a ziplock bag of filters for a couple of weeks worth of coffee, an Insulated carafe and a small container of coffee good for 5 or 6 pots all fit in a plastic carry box we picked up somewhere. Works great for us, if it is cool/cold I make it inside the camper first thing in the morning and the heating of kettle of water takes the chill of the camper. If it is hot I make it outside on a camp stove. Also works when we visit my Mother who doesn't drink coffee, we just pack it in the trunk when we visit.

As a bonus we bought an electric coffee maker for home that takes same filter so we always have a supply on hand.

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Playtime II wrote:
Form #1=toilet paper

That was John Wayne, rough didn't take no ####.

Ralphie_Boy
Explorer
Explorer
I've followed this Page for a few years now, but it looks like it's time to un-subscribe. Sorry to go...

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
Form #1=toilet paper
Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ

horseylady
Explorer
Explorer
The first thing that came to mind, for me, was a Sig.
Pam and Bob
Boon (Jack Russell), Jezzie (Australian Shepherd)
2017 Winnebago View 24V
RVing since 1973 but always learning

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
Used to call our P-38s John Waynes
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
P 38
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
legolas wrote:
And......
There are folks out there that don't know what a Church Key is..:W

I do!!!! Used them many times "growing up"!

Ok, OK........Who knows what a P38 is?

I have a massive "P38" that was made by the Soviets to open their ammunition boxes. The boxes are sealed just like the old time sardine cans. It is inches long.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Playtime II wrote:
I have several of each (key from Dad and P38 from "work". If you know P38 then you must know what Form #1 is.

Nope, what is a form 1?

Ralphie_Boy
Explorer
Explorer
Or, an Article 15...

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
I have several of each (key from Dad and P38 from "work". If you know P38 then you must know what Form #1 is.
Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ