cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has or uses "Happy Camper" Holding Tank Products

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
We figured this would be a good place to find out if the product "Happy Camper" holding tank products work. We have used different products over the years and this one caught hubby's eye. Any help would be appreciated. Happy Camping !!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W
23 REPLIES 23

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing but Roses comes out of my Gal. Ever. I, on the other hand, like to eat meat chili, egg-salad sandwiches and beans. Maybe, a little sauerkraut, now and then. My Gal says she's happier when Happy Camper is introduced into the black tank. Guess what I do. I put a half scoop into the toilet, let it dissolve for a beer or two and flush it down (19 glln black tank,iirc). I notice a difference, too. I don't care if it's imagined or "real" (perception is Reality). You can pry my tub of Happy Camper from my cold, dead hands when all the nay-sayers and Scientists in the World prove that it's snake oil, not fit for black tank consumption, and a Capitol offense.
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

TBammer
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our camper last year and took it out for the first time this year. When I first charged the blank tank with 3-4 gallons of water, I added water softener and dish soap. The smell was not good. 5 minutes after adding a scoop of Happy Camper the smell was gone. Kept using it and love it. Will never go back.
2016 Chevy 2500 HD, 6.0 gasser, 4.10 dif
2019 Arctic Fox 25W
Reese Pro-Series WD Hitch

MrWizard
i bought some two weeks ago
it arrived Aug 25th
they just recently ran out
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Just looked on Amazon - Unavailable. Google returned at least 2 sites for "Happy Camper" treatment. One said something about being 'for sale'.

I am confused. Where do you get this stuff ?

RV_daytrader
Explorer
Explorer
I use VERY little water in my black tank as I always dry camp and have a 15 gallon tank. The liquid in my tank is mostly urine. The odor coming out of the roof vent was bad till I started using Happy Camper. The stuff works!
YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze

ramgunner
Explorer
Explorer
I know I've seen it in a couple of stores, but I get it on Amazon. It does work for us.

We did an experiment where we didn't use it once - just water.

At least we discovered that the vacuum break for the black tank rinse was bad, from the smell.

When we use it, there is no odor, even when running the bathroom vent fan while flushing.

It does work.
Editor - http://www.RamGunner.com / http://www.MomentumGunner.com
2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
Grand Design Momentum 385TH (Polaris RZR800/VHF/UHF/HF)

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Is it possible to buy Happy Camper in any stores or is it only available online ? Been wanting to try it and I keep an eye open for it but have not found it.

Thanks.

MrWizard
well
all i can say to that is our 'Bio byproducts' must be more potent than yours

and I do NOT consider that a good thing

I wish ours could be more like yours
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
MrWizard wrote:
i wonder how many of those "just use water" campers
dry camp for extended periods and have to manage water

i wonder how many are full hook up, and dump every couple of days before moving on

yeah water works, if you don't have to hold it for 10 days for the next trip to the dump station

Here's one!!! We boondocked in the wilds often up to 14 days on the black tank...no smell...no clogs....just water.:W

We got home 12 days ago with almost full tanks and didn't get a chance to dump on the way home. No smell and we just use water. That happens a few times a year and it sets right in the driveway.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
i wonder how many of those "just use water" campers
dry camp for extended periods and have to manage water

i wonder how many are full hook up, and dump every couple of days before moving on

yeah water works, if you don't have to hold it for 10 days for the next trip to the dump station

Here's one!!! We boondocked in the wilds often up to 14 days on the black tank...no smell...no clogs....just water.:W
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
3oaks wrote:
"Happy Camper" is not a chemical. It is an enzyme additive which breaks down organic material, helps eliminate any clogs and odors.
No, it isn't. They describe chemical, enzyme, nitrate and bioactive treatments, then go on to claim that it is none of those, but (and this is funny)...
Happy Campers is a stand alone monohydrate, highly concentrated mineral blend in an anhydrous form. It works basically the same as a bioactive treatment. It is synergist formulated to eliminate odor (not cover it up) and accelerate decomposition. It is aqueous: is activated when mixed with water.
...which is just techno-babble BS. A "monohydrate" is basically a chemical molecule which is linked to a single molecule of water. "Anhydrous" means no water. Not sure where one hires a "synergist" to formulate things for you. "Aqueous" means consisting mostly of water.

So, according to them, it's has no water, is bound to single water molecules, and is mostly water.

My guess is it's a proprietary blend of salts, probably mostly zinc sulfate, which is a common odor treatment for septic systems. Salts are, of course, chemicals.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been using Happy Camper for at least 2 years and it has worked well. I prefer it to a lot of the other products that we've tried over many years of owning a travel trailer.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
I use a little Dawn dish soap and a small amount of dissolved water softener powder in the black tank. No issues at all.
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2015 Starcraft AR-One 18QB
2014 GMC w/6.2L & max tow pkge.

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
We were having intermittent issues with the smell from odors from the tank vent on the roof coming in through the living space roof vents. Have not noticed the smell since using HC, been roughly a year. Compact container, easy to use. It does harden up some in the container.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA