cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hauling stuff on rear of RV

BluStem
Explorer
Explorer
How can you let someone know they are about to loose something on a 2 lane road? We seen this grill that looked like it was strapped on with ratchet straps slowly shifting position and couldn't think of a way to alert the driver as I didn't want to get to close. The road had lots of traffic going the other way with quite a few motorcycles. The driver was going like a BOOH when, Poof, it went, in a cloud of ash dust but it hung on while losing parts. I kept my distance in case it came loose and they dragged it about a 1 ยฝ miles when a guy in a pickup on a side road noticed it and chased them down and passed them on the right. I took the photo just as he was pulling over.
2008 Dodge 2500 Quadcab
2010 Rockwood 2304S
9 REPLIES 9

Mr_Beebo
Explorer
Explorer
To answer the OP's question, don't create more risk trying to get alongside the driver on roads like that. Flashing your brights and honking your horn are the best options in a situation like that. And keep a safe distance.

We were behind a Denali towing a 30' TT with 3 bikes strapped to the rear not long ago. They were bouncing up and down severely, and the brackets must have been taking a horrible beating. Just another reason to constantly maintain awareness when traveling.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Silverado 2500 6.0

Medico
Explorer II
Explorer II
Must be the redneck method of transporting the grill! Let's ask Jeff Foxworthy.
GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655, FMCA #F431170

2006 Country Coach Magna, 2012 Jeep Liberty

Grandpere
Explorer
Explorer
Is this the type of grill used to cook up road kill?:W
Berniece & Russell Johnson
Lil'Bit, a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit
1987 Southwind
1995 Ford F150 Supercab

Life in the fast lane? No thanks, we will stop and smell the flowers at every opportuity

BluStem
Explorer
Explorer
At least his grill didn't hit my grill.
2008 Dodge 2500 Quadcab
2010 Rockwood 2304S

BARRY2010
Explorer
Explorer
Hey - at least the grill is HOT !!! Lol

StaJs
Explorer
Explorer
Never had steaks with skid marks on 'em.

I would stay back. Way back...

therink
Explorer
Explorer
Oops. Looks like he has a brake light out as well.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Fortunately, no one was hurt.

It sounds like a good one but, it can't top the RVer who Drug His Truck for Several Miles while it was in gear/park and burnt a tire off.
After being advised of the situation, the RVer drove away, still dragging the tire.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Well, someone has to keep the youtube material flowing. ๐Ÿ™‚