cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to stop neighboring campers from

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
This may sound silly, but I am currently camping and one neighbor cuts across my site while he is going and coming from his boat.

It is not that he is cutting through BUT when he does, he is within 2 feet of my camper door and within 4 feet of us sitting there talking.

I struck up a conversation with him and during this conversation asked if he would mind crossing the campsite a little further back from our camper. At that point he stormed off and said kiss my a..

Anybody have a simialr experience and if so were you able to resolve it?
HTT: 2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser c191
TV: 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab
137 REPLIES 137

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sprink-Fitter wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
wnjj wrote:
fulltimedaniel wrote:
The only way someone like this will get the message is direct confrontation in a civil but firm manner. And if he starts to blow up at you again...just say "allright lets you and I go to the office right now and settle this issue with the management"....

My bet is he will stop at that point.

My bet is a guy who'd blow up at you for being asked not to walk through your spot would show/tell you where to stick it when asked to go to the office like an elementary student.

And that is when I spray him down with my garden hose.

That should teach him. Or get you punched.

Or your dump valve pulled. Or tire slashed. Or gas in tbe FW tank. Or water in the gas tank.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Your assumption is incorrect. You bought a short term use license and it has no rights of ownership. The owner of the property or agent of the owner or his designee has the exclusive rights of ownership The site you occupy is not subject your ownership in any form.

spoon059 wrote:
bigred1cav wrote:
You in paying the rent get a license to use the spot for a limites purpose. You have no, zero ownership rights. The other campers ave the same license as you and the areas are in common. The lease agreement dictates what rights you have on the site you rented not your hopes or self informed rights to whatever.

Fairly certain the question was in regards to people wandering across your site. You pay the rent on that site, you have rights to that site. The site and its boundaries are not common areas and are YOURS for YOUR property and guests. That doesn't give someone else a right to trample across your yard.

All the nonsense about physically assaulting people, or threatening with weapons is foolish nonsense. Grow up people. Is it camping time yet?

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a somewhat similar situation with a piece of property that I own. It gets used as the convenient neighbourhood shortcut. As long as somebody asks & I know who is going through I generally don't mind.

Don't cross me though.

Had one neighbour who cost me quite a bit in legal cost battling an issue. He lost. Sometime after that he was hosting a party & told his guests that it was OK to park on my property since he has no room. Never asked me if it was OK.

I come home to find over 20 cars parked on my land. Broke that party up in a hurry. A little decency would have gone a long way otherwise karma is going to get you.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, if you have a dog on your campsite, very few people will dare to pass through. The "yappier" they are, the more people stay away from your campsite.

Redterpos3
Explorer
Explorer
I would worry that this gentleman is looking for things to swipe easily as he walks by under the guise of going to his boat.
The Travelin' Terrapins!
2016 Ford F-350 SRW;CC;4x4;172WB;6.7PSD;34,000m
2011 Nash 27T 12,995m
2013 Yr1 30nts 3150m
2014 Yr2 52nts 3365m
2015 yr3 25nts 2260m
2016 yr4 46nts 2500m
2017 yr5 24nts 1720m
2018 yr6 4nts 30m

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
bigred1cav wrote:
You in paying the rent get a license to use the spot for a limites purpose. You have no, zero ownership rights. The other campers ave the same license as you and the areas are in common. The lease agreement dictates what rights you have on the site you rented not your hopes or self informed rights to whatever.

Fairly certain the question was in regards to people wandering across your site. You pay the rent on that site, you have rights to that site. The site and its boundaries are not common areas and are YOURS for YOUR property and guests. That doesn't give someone else a right to trample across your yard.

All the nonsense about physically assaulting people, or threatening with weapons is foolish nonsense. Grow up people. Is it camping time yet?
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

ctilsie242
Explorer II
Explorer II
What I do to help with space is to chain one of my "Pro Tuff" bins to the side of the rig where people are traipsing that shouldn't, and have the chain spray-painted reflective white so it is obvious that there is an item there.

JnJnKatiebug
Explorer
Explorer
I just put up some yellow police crime scene tape then spray paint the outline of a body under my awning. Most folks will go around after that.
2016 Chevy Tahoe
2017 Flagstaff 26FKWS
(Picture in profile)

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".

farmer_s_daught
Explorer
Explorer
Last summer I had reserved a space at a lake resort for a month, about an hour from home, where I'd go back & forth (spend 4-5 days at the lake, then go home for 2-3 and then back up). The spaces were so close together--I am a 'newbie'. If some folks pulled into their space with their motorhome, then our awnings were almost touching and we were 'face-to-face'. Might as well have been in someone else's living room. The biggest problem was with folks who didn't respect our space. We had a lakefront space, and the families next door figured that our space at the back (the lake) was theirs to walk right behind our trailer (like 2 feet away. Because of how the space was, there were huge old willow trees right next to the water, so our 6 feet at the back of the trlr wasn't level because of the tree. We had to put the picnic table behind the trailer, and these folks' kids would literally climb over our table to get to the dock!! We asked them politely to go up the to road (the front of the trlrs) and they looked like we were asking for the moon. We set up our floaties in the way and they walked over them!!! I was standing next to the water speaking to the nice folks on the other side, and here came the mom from the other side and actually pushed us aside to walk by to her campsite. I spoke to the management, but also was worried that those rude folks might do something to sabotage my trlr when I left it to go back to town. The mgr did speak to them and I later overheard them talking to their friends about how 'rude' I was. Another rude family brought 4 dogs--2 who'd never been camping before--and this was the 4th of July weekend! The poor dogs were so traumatized! They whined constantly, and then their owners did nothing but yell at them the whole time. I was sitting in a lawn chair with a fishing line in the water, and the woman threw a stick right over my pole/line for the dog to fetch! On my space! Some folks just don't have any sense of personal space! While that resort had a beautiful setting, I will never camp there again because of the too-small sites.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of strategically placed lawn chairs and/or cooler usually deters the campsite crosser's.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Does not require mind reading. If they decide to party your options are to move or involve the grounds management. You have NO standing to enforce noise or trespass rights. In a State or National ground you notify the Ranger. Any action other than a phone call or a polite request to cease the objectionable behavior can only go down hill. You may think you are the baddest dog in the kennel you aint. And pulling a gun for bad behavior gets a jail sentence.

cmcdar wrote:
bigred1cav wrote:
Your complaint is with the management of the park. Inform them of your displeasure and reason for that displeasure you have no legal remedies for your exclusive use of the site.

cmcdar wrote:
This may sound silly, but I am currently camping and one neighbor cuts across my site while he is going and coming from his boat.

It is not that he is cutting through BUT when he does, he is within 2 feet of my camper door and within 4 feet of us sitting there talking.

I struck up a conversation with him and during this conversation asked if he would mind crossing the campsite a little further back from our camper. At that point he stormed off and said kiss my a..

Anybody have a simialr experience and if so were you able to resolve it?

REALLY??

SO, if the neighbor decides to have a party they can just take over the grounds around mine and anyone elses sites?

Sounds to me like you are a manspreader.

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is there a circus in town?
We are being overrun with clowns on this site. :B

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
bigred1cav wrote:
Lay in several Claymores and 10 or os bouncing Betty's. Then get ready for prison and a laws suites. You in paying the rent get a license to use the spot for a limites purpose. You have no, zero ownership rights. The other campers ave the same license as you and the areas are in common. The lease agreement dictates what rights you have on the site you rented not your hopes or self informed rights to whatever.

Heck, just sit back and thank them for not puking on your patio they may be NASCAR fans or hillbilly music or rap music devotees and will play it all night long for your entertainment.

Ok, so what if they are NASCAR fans, do they rev motors all night long?

I can't look at someone and tell if they are a nascar fan.
2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000

paddywanpeep
Explorer
Explorer
we both know you are not man enough to do that to me. You will get in one punch. I will supply the second and last.

Dave, we both know I only need one punch to that pumpkin noggin of yours before you are knocked out dreaming about a new rv.