cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indiana getting cold this week-end!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Here in Indiana, we've enjoyed the very nice days and the brisk nights over the last couple weeks. But that is about the change.

According to Channel 59 News (Indianapolis), it's suppose to get down to the 20's Sunday morning.

The nights have been pretty chilly. But looks like the day temperatures are going to start falling too.

Hint:

If you've not winterized yet, you might think about doing it VERY soon!
13 REPLIES 13

ryoung
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
Got real cold here in Florida last night too it dropped down to 57.

Did they put out the warning to bring in your pets and check on the elderly?

ryoung
2018 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel
2019 Wolf Creek 840

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Well Dutch, we did a 4 day weekend at Starve Hollow and the temp was 25 Sunday AM. We stayed warm and had a great weekend with the extended family. I will say we went through a record amount of firewood courtesy of a local saw mill.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Got real cold here in Florida last night too it dropped down to 57.

And even though I am originally from Chicago, but I spent the hotter than Haiti's summer down here this year and yes 57 really DOES feel cold now! :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
kknowlton wrote:
Kit, you may get your wish if weather forecasts for the winter are true; the strong El Nino will bring a cooler, wetter winter to the southern tier, including the southeast.

Unfortunately we will continue to be warmer & drier than usual for the winter. It isn't common for Indiana to beat Idaho to freezing temps, but I guess that'll happen. Forecast lows for us for the foreseeable future are in the 40s, or maybe upper 30s. We winterized yesterday in 80-degree sunshine.

Great!!!! I spent all this money for a truck and travel trailer to escape Winter... and will spend 3 months in South Carolina coast line....

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm going to drain mine this Sat just in case. They are calling for lows near freezing locally, and I don't trust weather forecasts that much.
Puma 30RKSS

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kit, you may get your wish if weather forecasts for the winter are true; the strong El Nino will bring a cooler, wetter winter to the southern tier, including the southeast.

Unfortunately we will continue to be warmer & drier than usual for the winter. It isn't common for Indiana to beat Idaho to freezing temps, but I guess that'll happen. Forecast lows for us for the foreseeable future are in the 40s, or maybe upper 30s. We winterized yesterday in 80-degree sunshine.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
Northwest Louisiana today was 98. Broke the record by 7 degrees. Nighttime lows in high 60's. Bone dry and in an "exceptional drought?. Praying for rain.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
It was still in the low 90's today in southern California..... I envy your cool weather!
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
NYC hasn't even hit Autumn yet.

That might change this weekend. Looks like the whole northeast is in for a chill. I can't wait!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
NYC hasn't even hit Autumn yet.
Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
and were headed to Pokagon SP! in Angola, IN

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
Same with North East Ohio.... Killer Frost is expected for Sunday Night...

Winterized 2 days ago.. it was 68 degrees... and Sunny.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Winter is coming. 😞