cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

it's getting closer

nettech207
Explorer
Explorer
Spring must be in the air. Today I put new bubble levels on my trailer and installed my P3 brake controller and it was real easy to install for those wondering how hard it is. and also picked up a equalizer hitch and got that set up. Soon very soon I can feel it time to go camping.
15 REPLIES 15

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
Well Gosh, seems the only thing Calif has for it, it will be 72 today, and 80 in two days. referring to my above post. is it possible to have the round bar style of WDH become worn out and need to be replaced. they are pretty loose, and I do not have the ability to pull the truck-trailer level together. so is the Equalize a good alternative. I will be going to Wrights Beach on the coast next month, and up to the Hogan Dam area also. hope it warms up for everyone else out there. so much for global warming. spent 3 weeks in Lake Havasu, AZ. first time to AZ. met so many great fiends form East coast. looking forward to next year now that we retired. Kids asked if we are snowbirds now, and I guess we are. LIFE IS GOOD
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

kmbernstein
Explorer
Explorer
We just came in from shoveling another 8 inches of the white stuff. Monday we had highs in the upper 60's. Yesterday, snow with high winds and lows in the teens. Tomorrow in the 50's. Friday and Saturday, snow showers with lows around 20. By Monday, highs in the 50's. Ahhhh. Springtime in the Rockies. What is different is the type of snow. Our spring snows are heavy wet snows. We will have to wait a while before really working on the trailer, but spring is definitely on the way!
Me, 1 Great hubby (Tim), Cole the Standard Poodle,
Magic the tiny Bengal Cat
2012 Skyline Koala 21CS
2007 Ford Explorer

bigwheelsturnin
Explorer
Explorer
we're stuck..here in SC..while hubbys ..last job.."fingers crossed"..after 35 yrs....retirement...
it's all just a dream..til it really happens.. ๐Ÿ˜‰
we call it...ridin the gravy train...

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Spring may be in the air, but we woke up to 10" of fresh snow this morning. It is still spitting snow flurries. Seems we got hit by a "snow burst" that came down the north shore over night. Monday the temp was 50ยฐF, Tuesday it was in the 40's. Today (Wednesday) temp will only be around 20ยฐ with sun intermingled with snow flurries. This snow brought the snow level to its previous level before the Monday melting.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Spring getting closer.....
Yesterday temps High 81, Tonight Low anticapated 34..

Yup, spring is sprung all right. Michigan, where I'm registered.. WINTER STORM WARMINGS. (Glad I'm not there).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
Forecast for the old home base CGโ€ฆ

Tonight

Showers
A few showers this evening, becoming a steady light rain overnight. Low 34F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph.

Tomorrow

Heavy Snow
Windy with snow, heavy at times. Morning high of 33F with temps falling to near 20F. Winds NNE at 25 to 35 mph. Snow accumulating 6 to 10 inches. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.

Tomorrow Night

Snow Windy.
Snow in the evening will transition to snow showers overnight. Very cold. Low 3F. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating another 1 to 2 inches.

Ready to go back??? Not hardlyโ€ฆ :B
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Today in Cincinnati, it was 70 degrees and sunny. Tomorrow we're supposed to have snow.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Snow? what's that we are heading back so if it there get rid of it. We've put up with the hot sunny skys for months now time to come home!
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
was told today my chain WDH is ovalled and the bars could come out. i am looking at the Equallizer. seems better than just replacing the old style. only have a 23 ft. 6100 lbs loaded.
is it working for you. i was getting sway.
thanks. getting ready for my Oregon coast trip
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Winter has been a now show here this year till past few days. Somebody opened the taps & it has been rain rain rain.

Still, the travel itch is strong. 45 days till we get on a silver bird followed by 10 days or so of trailer prep before we head out.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Jayco254
Explorer
Explorer
They tell me it's spring but we have a .10 in. of ice and 4in. of snow and sleet coming tonight and into Mon. unless the cold front drops down a couple of miles and then I don't even want too think about it. I was just getting ideas about getting my unit ready.
Tom, Kathy, Nikki, & Kelly
Pets: Lady - Texas Heeler, Dinger - Rhodesian Riidgeback Mix
2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 5.4 ci 3.73 gears
2008 Dodge Ram SLT Big Horn 4x4 5.7L Hemi 3.92 gears
2007 Jayco Jayfeather EXP 254
Husky W/D, P-3

nettech207
Explorer
Explorer
GaryWT wrote:
We are still buried in snow to get to the trailer, hopefully within a month.

Yeah My Dad said you guys getting hit with another storm this weekend. I'll bring the warm weather when we move down there this year

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
We are still buried in snow to get to the trailer, hopefully within a month.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
Spring nah our winter just arrived!! :S Should be gone by Monday though! :B :B
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset